Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your dream install?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
naildiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naildiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your dream install?
    Posted: August 12 2005 at 9:08pm

Hi everyone!  I have been trying to absorb all the info here!  I have a question:

If money, time and ability were no object, what would be your ultimate install?  What kind of hair?  What method?  Who would do it? What color(s)?

BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 11:53pm

Ken Paves.

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 5:38am
I would love to try pinch braids but with HH hair! Know way can I do it myself or get my freind to do it: (
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 10:41am

That is a hard question.  I think I have had almost every method in my hair, even wore very great European hair before.

For me, I prefer wefted methods over strand methods because wefts look less stringy in thin hair.  So, for wefts, the seamless wefts are great, as is Mark Barrington's Micro Tab extensions. 

I loved the seamless, and they did not damage my hair.  It was the Ultratress seamless with Indian hair.  The micro tabs were from MB and made out of European hair which was super silky, so that was probably the best.  I still have my European hair micro tabs in my hair closet some place, but the length of them in only 17"-19" and I' wearing my hair longer than that these days.

I really like this synth stuff too.  The color choices are too fun!  So for my permanent install,  I'm thinking about getting micro tabs made out of Plastik haar. 

Right now I"m still wearing the plastik haar clip ins, because it's been 95-100 degrees here practically all summer, and it's nice to take off the hair sometimes!

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 12:25pm

Is there anywhere you can actually buy the seamless or the micro tabs from? x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 12:31pm

What is seamless and micro tabs?

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 4:53pm
Im not sure what method of install would be my dream method but for hair I would have to say I would love some blonde Great Lengths hair. Ive only sampled GL hair and the blonde GL is some amazing hair. The best hair Ive ever seen
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 8:34pm

I buy the seamless wefts through either www.Gemtress.com or www.newconceptshairgoods.com  You must be licensed and have an account with both of these companies to buy from them.

Now as of lately, I have seen that both www.hairpiece.com and www.superhairfactory.com are carrying a seamless weft too.

The Micro Tabs can only be purchased through Mark Barrington (the originator of the Shrink Link system) and you must be licensed and certified via taking their class to buy them. 

The Micro tabs are very similar to the seamless, except they come in widths of 2" and they are very dense. I can send Mark Barrington any type of hair in any length I want and have him make it into the micro tabs wefts, which is nice for customization.

Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 10:49pm
Why don't we all just meet up in Vegas for the weekend and get Metal girl to certify us one day then party down by a pool or some such whatnot.  WHat do you say?
misscelestia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misscelestia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 12:17am
If money, time and ability were no object, what would be your ultimate install?

What kind of hair?
Plastikhaar

What method?
Fusion or Prostyles style heat seals

Who would do it?
Boogiemama, or perhaps Doc Lock's

What color(s)?
Pink, purple, blue, and black
*question authority*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 4:51am
I wonder what the hair is like for the seamless weft from hairpiece.com.  The price is reasonable, do you think there is enough hair there in that pack for a full head Metalgirl? x
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 12:07pm

I have not bought the seamless hair from hairpiece, so I can't say what the quality is like.

One pack is usually not enough for a full head.  I almost always buy two packs for a client.  I sandwich their hair between two pieces of the seamless and use a special hair piece adhesive.

I cut the seamless down into more managable widths, like 3-4 inch pieces so it's easier to work with.

Marie- I don't work for MB so I don't have the power to certify anyone, but I'd be down for a trip to Vegas!

Edited by metalgirl
Dunebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 12:54pm
Metalgirl, how long do you usually find the seamless wefts last for? Do you use a hair piece adhesive that is available to us non-licensed individuals? :) I'm interested in the seamless wefts, I'm assuming they arent re-usable... ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 3:08pm
So how many inches of weft would you say is needed for one client Metalgirl xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 3:26pm
I'm going to be in Vegas next month.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 12:11am

Dunebug-

I find that I can use the seamless wefts over for 2-3 installs.  With care, you could probably get 4 installs out of them.

The hairpiece adhesive that I found I like using with the seamless is called Vapon No Tape, and anyone can buy it.  I usually get it from www.adventhair.com   It's not cheap, with shipping and handling it usually runs me about $30 per tube.  I can usually do 2-3 installs per tube.  I like it because it has a good hold for 6-8 weeks (wefted extensions usually don't stay in the hair as long as strands do)  and with the C-22 solvent, it's fairly easy to get out of the hair when it's time to take it out.

Amanda-

The Ultratress seamless comes in 4 strips that measure 12" in width.  Now I sandwich the client's hair between 2 pieces of the weft (that I cut into widths of 3-4 inches so it's easier to work with).  If the person already has fairly long hair but just wants fullness, than probably one package will be enough.  For most clients who want fullness and length, I use 2 packages.

I heard from SAS that Gemtress soon may be offering the Ultratress in 24" lengths, because right now it's only available in 18" lengths.  They do offer yaki textures and curly seamless wefts too.

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 1:17am
What kind of hair?
Plastikhaar 50 mm

What method?
microillusions

Who would do it?
no particular person, just someone who can do a bajillion tiny braids for hours on end

What color(s)?
various shades of green and blue, tailbone length mermaid hair, I COULD do this except my boss wont let me have mermaid hair :(
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 6:30am
Metalgirl, the liquid adhesives on that site, would they work in place of liquid gold for pre tipping. Do you know if they don't get as goopy as LG. All sorts of adhesives I have never seen on that site! Which have you tryed?
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Scotchyroo Scotchyroo wrote:

Why don't we all just meet up in Vegas for the weekend and get Metal girl to certify us one day then party down by a pool or some such whatnot.  WHat do you say?

I'm in.
Does this weekend include the hair?!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 8:45pm

Hi Marie,

I have never tried pretipping with any of those adhesives, so I don't know how they would work for something like that.  I don't worry about pretipping because when I do shrink links I just use the perma plug hair, which is nice because I don't have to fool around with trying to do it myself.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic