Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to get a girl to go short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
the_katiekat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_katiekat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 12:40am
Hi Dan,

If your girlfriend wants to wear her hair long, so be it! What's important to a woman is that she looks AND feels fabulous. If longer hair is what makes her feel better about herself, then why change that?

After all, it's a woman's personal style that allows her confidence and beauty to shine through. Why change what makes her look and feel good only to cater to the desires of her significant other? That doesn't mean, however, that she will wear her hair long forever. Sometimes, women desire a big change, so eventually they will try different hairstyles - perhaps cut their hair even shorter! Heck, I know that's what I did after wearing my hair long for years!
DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 11:22pm

Yeah but he claims his girlfriend is asking him what style change she should go with and how much to cut off.

If this is true, then why should he hide his interest in short hair.

Should he lie to her?

I think he should be honest and tell her. She'll respect him more for it.

What if one day she decides to go back again to a short hair style, and there together and he gets all happy and excited, she'll ask him "Why didnt you tell me before you like short hair" and that could lead to problems.

From what I gather, she is confused herself what to do.  First he stated she had a bob and didnt like it, yet she's asking him about her hair. So obviously she has interest in a change and his imput. Sometimes people need affimation to try something they "say" they didnt like before.

Maybe she didnt like the bob she had, because she wasnt complimented on it or felt ugly in it. Perhaps if this time around she went short again, she would feel different about it, because her boyfriend would tell her how much he likes it.

Edited by DarkHelmet
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 12:36pm

If Dan loves her so, he should be patient.  If they settle down and have kids, his GF will probably get that new-mom no-frills short hair cut many mothers seem to get anyways.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic