Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the depo-shot birth control adds weight.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the depo-shot birth control adds weight.
    Posted: August 18 2005 at 5:16am
i was on this depo shot birth control for a little over a year and it DOES make you gain weight. i suggest if you dont want extra weight, try another form of birth control. iam no longer on this, it wasnt worth it. more than 30 pounds in that time IS horrible.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 2:17am

birth control pills can also add weight.  but then again so does getting pregnant, lol, so you need to balance your priorities.

ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 5:33am

lol i know.

jabstyles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabstyles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 2:36pm
hello all i to was on the depo shot not only did i gain weight but i was repulsed at the sight of my husbands male parts, and i had very bad mood swings.
the_sweetness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_sweetness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 10:08am
Originally posted by jabstyles jabstyles wrote:

hello all i to was on the depo shot not only did i gain weight but i was repulsed at the sight of my husbands male parts, and i had very bad mood swings.

LOL so THAT'S how the shot works Smile
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 11:49am
from medical point of view id never do the depo or the seasonal new pill neither equal good! but again all birth control causes some gain its a no win situation, but depo is by far the worst and seasonal well its really not safe for your body to skip periods.
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 4:37pm
I guess I was lucky, when I was on birth control I lost so much weight I was starting to get worry. I was on Ortho trycicline (sp?). Not only did I loose a bunch of weight, but my skin was looking fab.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic