Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Sigh* Another Blond Blooper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
knowing_naivety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knowing_naivety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Sigh* Another Blond Blooper
    Posted: August 23 2005 at 6:01pm
Okay, so it's not THAT bad. I basically just dyed my (golden/yellowy) blond hair, and the roots, with a box blond dye (last time I was blond I used them and they worked fine). Anyway, after putting it on I was afraid that a) there wouldn't be enough dye for all my hair and b) because the dye was a brown colour, that something had gone wrong and it would just go brown.

Both of these fears turned out fine though, and my hair's gone a nice dirty blondish colour that I originally wanted (save a few roots here and there that my  mum missed) but the problem is, in certain lights, it has the faintest green tinge to it, and looks just gross, it's not to dire, but still spoils the effect of it, and I was just wondering how I could get rid of it, preferably without having to dye my hair again.

Is there a toner I could use or something maybe, just to remove the greenish tinge? It'd be REALLY helpful if someone could give me the name of a specific product and where I could buy it. Please note that I'm from the UK, so telling me to goto Sally's isn't gonna help, cus I live a transatlantic flight from the nearest one.

Thankyou
-Kenickie x
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 2:55am
wow, i was the complete opposite of you and wanted to get green tones to cancel out my orange tones in my blonde hair.. what you can do is the opposite of me and try toners with a gold base or even hair dye with any golden blonde in them. goodluck. :]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic