Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

calling all silver growers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
dolcecasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dolcecasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: calling all silver growers!
    Posted: August 24 2005 at 3:38pm
Hey,
where is everybody in the senior strands threads?
Im not a senior, but I have silver,white,with
strawberry blonde hair, havent seen any posts here in quite sometime!
CHeck in people!
dolcecasa!
Sugarloaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarloaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 12:21pm

Wow, there is life out there!!!  I was wondering the same thing as you.  Maybe the "seniors" post on other forums.  I'm not particularly old, but have been going white since my mid-twenties.  This year I decided to stop using hair dye for lots of reasons.  I love the way my hair is coming through.  If anything I'm slightly disappointed that it isn't as white as I'd thought.  The color I hate on my head is the old dyed brown parts.  Can't wait for them to grow out. 

dolcecasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dolcecasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 4:59pm
Hey,
I know what you mean about it not being white enough!
How long is your hair? Im growing mine from a shortish
very layered style, to long again. Ive quit using all styling products except for a very small spritz of spray on my bangs and thats rare. Ive quit cones too,
my hair feels sooo much better for it. And no heat styling either! Bad for grays! Life is much simpler with out heavy styling!
Good to hear from you!
Happy Growing!
Deb
dolcecasa!
Sugarloaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarloaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 12:14pm

Yes, mine used to be in short layers.  I didn't want that as well as grey hair so I've been growing out the layers.  It's now a lovely shoulder-length bob style.  Very feminine and makes me look a lot younger and slimmer (!) than when it was short.

My daughter wants me to grow it even longer, but I don't think it would suit me.  Mind you, I work with a lady who has a head of absolutely stunning grey and white hair which is half way down her back.

strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2006 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by dolcecasa dolcecasa wrote:

Hey,
where is everybody in the senior strands threads?
Im not a senior, but I have silver,white,with
strawberry blonde hair, havent seen any posts here in quite sometime!
CHeck in people!

Sounds like my hair colors!  I'm just starting to get a few silver and whites  but they have more texture and I am resisting the urge to color it.  BTW, I'm 50 and a proud long hair grower!  If I ever do color, it will probably be a Henna of some sort.  Any ideas?

SF
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2006 at 2:01pm
leave the whites and silvers there gorgeous!
Babycheeks
Sugarloaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarloaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2006 at 3:21pm
Definitely, leave the white and silver.  I agree about the texture being better as well.  My hairdresser has given up trying to sell me hair dye, and has now started a campaign to sell me straightening serum.  After a lifetime of flat, lifeless hair, I love my thicker hair.  Shampoo and conditioner is all I need.

I really wish more people would write on this board.  White hair and good skin are a stunning combination.  Look at Glenn Close in her latest film.
sofine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sofine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 9:15am
I've been contemplating letting my grey grow out and therefore have been reading about everyone's experiences with it. One thing I would say is STAY AWAY FROM HENNA'S! I've heard about terrible results and the stuff doesn't come out easily (or at all in some cases). Just enjoy your grey or just try some semi-permanent colors if you need a change without long term committment.
SoFine
dolcecasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dolcecasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 8:39pm
Hello all silvers and grays! Havent been here in a long
time. Still growing here! I agree with the henna being
a no no for me and others. Maybe a henna gloss, as Ive
heard its not as vivid and does impart a good conditioning effect. But, Im happy to just let mine be. Hows everyone doing?

dolcecasa
Sugarloaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarloaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 11:56am
Looking younger everyday!!  I really love my grey and white stripes and am looking forward to complete white.  Bring on the snow goggles!
black2silver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black2silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 8:04am
Hi everyone, I am finally 99.9% silver/white in the front.  The back, well.....  It took me a very long time to "come out"  I dyed my hair for years.   Finally it was having to be dyed much too frequently and you can guess how that ended.   So, I reluctantly decided to let it grow out.  I did not want to cut all of the dyed  part out, so I wore wigs.  It got to be really fun, I had so many wigs, noone knew how I would look from day to day.  I still enjoy them.  It took about 1 1/2 years before I  was white enough to reveal.  Now I get numerous compliments on my hair, even when I  don't think it looks too great.
Anyway, it is hard to keep up.  I relax it and it is above shoulder length.  I really do NOT look good with short hair.  Tried it.  It is hard to keep the yellow out.  My hair is thin as wind, so I am looking for products to volumize it.  I would like it to grow more as I think  silver hair is so gorgeous when it's long.  Hope you are enjoying your hair.
Your heart often knows things before your mind does.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black2silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 8:37am
Hey dolcecasa, we're out here.  How's it going?  Just checking in.  Having a senior moment right now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black2silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by black2silver black2silver wrote:

Hi everyone, I am finally 99.9% silver/white in the front.  The back, well.....  It took me a very long time to "come out"  I dyed my hair for years.   Finally it was having to be dyed much too frequently and you can guess how that ended.   So, I reluctantly decided to let it grow out.  I did not want to cut all of the dyed  part out, so I wore wigs.  It got to be really fun, I had so many wigs, noone knew how I would look from day to day.  I still enjoy them.  It took about 1 1/2 years before I  was white enough to reveal.  Now I get numerous compliments on my hair, even when I  don't think it looks too great.
Anyway, it is hard to keep up.  I relax it and it is above shoulder length.  I really do NOT look good with short hair.  Tried it.  It is hard to keep the yellow out.   I am looking for products to volumize it.   Hope you silver growers are enjoying your hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black2silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 4:54pm

Anyway, it is hard to keep up.  I relax it and it is above shoulder length.  I really do NOT look good with short hair.  Tried it.  It is hard to keep the yellow out.  My hair is thin as wind, so I am looking for products to volumize it.  I would like it to grow more as I think  silver hair is so gorgeous when it's long.  Hope you are enjoying your hair.
boop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 7:35pm

Hi everyone; I'll be 48 the end of February, and my hair is a little below my bra strap; it grows fast, I color, and maybe now I might like to let it go gray and keep growing.

Any opinions on doing that?

Edited by boop - January 10 2008 at 7:36pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black2silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 11:06pm
Hi boop, I think that it's fantastic that you are thinking about letting your hair go gray at such a young age . It took me forever.  Grey and long is the way to go.
boop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 6:29pm
Thanks black2silver; I've had a few strands of grey for the past year. Right now, my hair is a dark brown, and my natural color is about a little lighter than it. I was thinking about putting some blonde strands in my hair for a little dramatics, and then going gray.  Anyone's thought? should I just start the gray and be done with it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black2silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 3:02pm

@boop--I know the feeling about the grey growing out.  When I let mine grow out, I wore wigs.  (was quite a bit of fun, in fact I still wear them when my hair needs washing).  I think you should just start the grey.

Sugarloaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarloaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 3:32pm
I put in a few paler streaks when I decided to go au naturel.  They definitely helped to break up the line between the grey and the dyed brown.  They faded over time, but did the trick for quite a few months.  It depends on how brave you're feeling.  Going straight to grey is quicker in the long run, but takes a lot of courage if your hair is brown.  Blondes have it much easier as there isn't such a big contrast with the grey.
dolcecasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dolcecasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 3:14pm

Hey dolcecasa, we're out here.  How's it going?  Just checking in.  Having a senior moment right now.

Hey back! Been a looong time since Ive checked in
here. Im usually at LHC. Still growing
my hair long,and its about mid back now. Silver and
Gold as usual!

Dolcecasa
dolcecasa!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic