Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP PLEASE!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
girl101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girl101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP PLEASE!!!
    Posted: August 25 2005 at 10:37pm

OK, I am in the worst hair crisis in my life. I am 27and have had long, healthy flowing sandy blonde hair down to my tail bone for the past 10 years. 8 months ago I dyed it black for a week. I tried going back to blonde, on my own, and little did I know you are supposed to strip hair color. I put in 3 different blondes in 3 days and left them all in double time.  It is now 8 months later, and my hair still has that gummy feel when I get out of the shower. I have been to various hair dressers and gotten disgusted looks. I have slowly gotton more and more cut off. Today I got desperate and had alot of it chopped off, including the most damaged portion, the top. It is now right above my sholders, and resembles a girl Rod Stewert cut, and is still fried.

At this point, I do not care about inconsistency in color. I just want it to grow grow grow and feel normal again!! I would say almost half my hair now is new healthy growth and the other half is the remaining fried portion. One hairdresser told me to take prenatal vitamins and condition it 15 min. daily with cholesteral. I have a scrunchy hair piece that I pull the remaining amount of hair in for my style. I do not look good with short hair at all and will not let it down until it gains some inches. 

Aside from my hair growing faster, please someone tell me that my hair will be healthy again at some point!! Healthy meaning its not gummy when wet, the tips do not look dry as bones, and it has even a small bounce rather than frizz!! It is better since the cut today, but it is just still so Fu***ed up! This may not seem like a big deal, but I am about in tears. 

ANY advice on what to do or words of encouragement are more than welcome.  

sxyk8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sxyk8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 6:24am

You poor thing! That is awfu!

I have never tried this product, but I just ordered some after reading another post on this board http://www.ilovemynewhair.com/index.cfm

Supposedly it can actually repair damage hair, not just condition. They claim you can actually get "virgin hair" back, although I'm not sure I completely believe that claim. The website looks quite convincing and they have a money back guarantee.

I do have to say when I ordered the system ($50) I got a page with an order confirmation number. Then I clicked off the page before I had a chance to write it down, so I cannot track my order. I tried to call the number, but I get a recording saying all operators are busy and to leave a message, but the mailbox is full. Makes me a bit nervous. I never got an order confirmation email, but maybe they just don't do that. I guess we'll see if I get my product!

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 7:03am
I'm really sorry to hear about that.  That is depressing.  If its gummy when its wet, all you can do at this point is try to make it feel better using heavy conditioners while it grows out.  There is a misconception that prenatal vitamins help hair to grow faster - actually its the being pregnant that makes hair grow faster (hormones).  If you are lacking any vitamins due to an unbalanced diet, a multivitamin, prenatal vitamin, or "hair vitamin" a day  will make your hair grow faster by replacing what you were missing.  If you have a balanced diet and get enough vitamins already, it likely won't make a difference.  Be careful not to overdo vitamins.  That can give you hair loss and a variety of other health problems.  One multi, or one hair vitamin a day is plenty.  Drinking lots of water and not drinking too much caffeine will also help with general health, thus hair health. 

As far as this product, it doesn't actually repair hair and cannot make it virgin, but it may help it feel better by sticking synthetic stuff to it.   If it works, great!   Let us know how it works for you!

From the site you posted:
Biolustré utilizes a proprietary and patent pending cross-linking polymer bonding process is used to bond, fill and repair damaged hair follicles by creating synthetic carboxyl groups

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
sxyk8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sxyk8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 7:11am
The other reason prenatal vitamins have the reputation of growing hair is because they are higher in Biotin and Folate than normal vitamins, both are good for hair.
LoVeLyLiNdSaY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoVeLyLiNdSaY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2005 at 2:03pm
i have heard that beer and also mayo helps that kind of thing =\ i've read it in quite a few magazines..
      it's beer time baby!! ;) lol..
-:|:- LoVeLyLiNdSaY -:|:-
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 12:47pm
I like beer, no let me rephrase that, LOVE BEER, maybe I'll try that, if I get drunk and pass out in the shower it's ur fault. lol
(I got gummy ends on my hair too, I just brush carefully, condition everyday (not shampoo) and I'm good to go. No one knows that I have crappy hair! LOL)
~* Bambi Lee *~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic