Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What’s the diff between fine&thin hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What’s the diff between fine&thin hair?
    Posted: December 21 2005 at 12:58am

Myself, I never thought of the two as one in the same. I agree with the above definitions, but I always thought of thin hair as when someone is experiencing hair loss due to a medical problem or aging.

Like LostForever, I have fine hair but a lot of it. I am forever correcting people who say their hair is thin when they mean fine.

princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 8:37am

Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

But a lot of people, me included, have both fine and thin hair.  A true "challenge."

I have the same problem.  It grows extremely fast, but breaks soo easily

4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 3:39pm
But a lot of people, me included, have both fine and thin hair.  A true "challenge."
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 12:05am
And then sometimes people with thin hair get hair loss. . . and that's just another horror story altogether -_- .
More awesome than a manatee!
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 10:54pm
Yep, thin hair would be like how many hairs you have on your head. Fine
hair relates to the actual diameter of a person's individual strands.

For instance, I have fine hair but a lot of it, giving the impression of
medium-thick hair.

My best friend, on the other hand, has extra thick hair (she is Asian) but
not as many strands on her head as a whole (thin) so her hair also looks
medium-thick.
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 10:15pm

I don't understand. Two boards....fine hair and thin hair?

A. Thin Hair relates to density.

B. Fine Hair relates to strand size.

Most people who have fine hair, have thin hair. But, thin hair does not necessarily mean hair loss.

Edited by KellyH
sporty_chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporty_chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 10:03pm

I've always wondered what the difference between fine hair and thin hair was. They both look the same. If someone with fine hair was standing beside someone with thin hair, who was standing beside someone with thick hair (AND if someone was to ask ME what kind of hair each person had...) i would say that the first 2 had thin hair and the last one had thick hair. Difference??? If there is no diff then how come there are 2 seperate boards for thin and fine hair? I don't get this.

You can call me dumb or just plain confused for asking this question, and i'll happily agree, but i need an answer to it, even if it's just, "go back to the general board! P.S There's no difference."

Much Luv
Your Canadian Buddy :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic