Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sofia Vergara in Venice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sofia Vergara in Venice
    Posted: September 03 2005 at 1:18pm

She's been advertising her new movie,"Four Brothers", there. For those of you who don't know much about her I can fill you in with a few things. She's a 32 year old Columbian and has been acting in Latina stuff for years. Now she's trying to become more famous in English language movies. As regards her hair, it seems very long and dark in these photos from Venice--and I think it's probably augmented by extensions (mostly basing that on a kind of lifeless look to some of it--though she does look great! As far as I can see, she's always had long hair, so if there are extensions, they shouldn't be around for anything other than to give a little extra volume and length). These days, she's dark, but in the past she was a blonde.

At Venice today.

And from her blonde past:

Which do I like best? Well, I prefer brunettes to blondes...but she was a little younger in the blonde pics (still prefer her as a brunette, though!)

Edited by fatmoogas
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 1:42pm

Oh I really like her best as a blonde.  And yes FMG those definitely look like extensions in the very top photos.  I can see where her real hair and extension hair are fused.  Especially on the sides. 

Thanks for the images.

She sorta reminds me of Catherine Zeta Jones from some angles.  Although I used to really like CZJ after all the stuff I have heard about her lately, I can't stand her anymore. So I think that is why I like Sofia as a blonde instead.  Also, it brings out her dark eyes.

Of course this is just my opinion.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 2:13pm

Right, Karen. Guess the following pic illustrates the truth of what you're saying.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 2:22pm

Exactly. 

I think that as a general rule the blondes have a higher recognition factor in Hollywood.  Yes, CZJ as brunette broke through but it didn't hurt that she married Michael Douglas. And yes, many of the rockers play with brunette but they always switch back to blonde.  Examples?  Britney, Ashlee Simpson, Lindsey Lohan, Mandy Moore, Christina Aguilera and even Jessica Simpson was brunette for about 1 minute some years ago (the real scoop from her hairdresser is that her hair was fried and they decided to go with a darker shade until they could get her hair back in shape and supposedly she hated being a brunette).

Of course this is just MHO as always.

Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 3:01pm
I think she looks SO much better as a brunette! As a blonde she just fades away, she almost looks like a copy of carmen electra 
But in the latest pics (with dark hair) she looks like a godess!!!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 3:16pm

To me, the color doesn't matter, but the style makes a difference. Straight, sleek and unlayered works for me. The top layered photos almost look like they could be extensions, which I hope is not the case.

http://www.secretosdeseduccion.com/sofia-vergara/index.php?p ic=sofia-vergara-18.jpg

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 7:56pm

Hi Kramer,

They are definitely extensions.  Look at the sides, especially on the first photo on the left...she has the "mullet" line that some extensions show where it appears that she is wearing two hairstyles.  The top is probably her real hair and the bottom her "extended" sections.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 8:07pm
So if the fake were taken off we would be where? Chin or longer?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 7:32am

I think she must have pretty long hair. Like I said before, looks like she's ALWAYS had long hair! A day later, in Venice, and she was showing off the same extensions, but a new blue dress.

On Getty, she goes back about three and a half years: always long and always brunette! For me, the best photos were the following from about 3 years ago, where she's brunette but not (I'm pretty sure) wearing extensions.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 8:43am

Hi FMG,

Yes, in those photos she definitely looks like it is her "real" hair.  The hair is long but not nearly as full and I don't see the "hair line" like in the photos at the top.  So she must just use extensions to add thickness (big hair is in right now) and to get more length.  She does have nice hair though...especially in the bottom photos.  Thanks FM for all your hard work on posting all of these images.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 12:01pm
My pleasure, Karen.
Joey99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 9:27pm
I think she's very pretty as both a brunette and a blonde.  But, she doesn't even look like the same person!  If you hadn't posted the pics saying that it was her, just blonde, I would have thought it was some other model/actress!  What a change!
"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 12:39am
Hey Karen Thanks for the news I'm one person glad to hear that Big is in. Not overly big but enought to make it look full.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 4:33pm
Joey, that's what struck me too. She looks like two different people. Interesting!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 4:40pm
It's not just the hair. She looks fatter in the face/cheeks area.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 9:06pm
Hey your right I just notice that. Maybe she's eating well or has something done useing a knife?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 3:12pm
No one's perfect.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic