Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beautiful curls- w/ curly pudding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beautiful curls- w/ curly pudding
    Posted: September 03 2005 at 8:20pm

Someone from the African American forum gave me the ingredients for a knock-off version of Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. If you would like more info go to http://www.curve-salon.com/shingling101.htm and check out the shingling method for redefining curls. BUt here is what sugaplum from AA hair care forum typed for the knock off version:

<<<I like the curly pudding and buttercreme but they are a bit much on the pocket book considering the amount of hair I have so I made my own. I think it's nice these girls hit on some thing but It's not really any thing new. Take a look for your self. I came up with 3 products that you can buy @ walgreens for under $7 bucks and mix together for a hold b/t the buttercreme and the pudding. If you want to buy Miss Jessies for special occations or something, great, but if you need an every day solution to looking good please try this at least once.

Miss Jessie’s:

Curly Pudding : 16 oz $28ea

Water, vegetable glycerin, aloe vera gel, carbomer, tocopherol acetate, sweet alomond oil, milk protien, Vitamin E, panthenol, pectin, sweet orange oil, fragrance.

Baby Buttercreme: 16 oz $42ea

Acetylated lanolin bees wax, shea butter, cocoa butter, carbomer 940, castor oil, deionized water, dilauraralaneth15 , fragrance, glycerin, glycerin state, glyceryl hydrolyzed animal protien, imidazolidinyl,
Jojoba oil, laneth15, mineral oil, methyl, paraben , milk protien, panthenol, paraffin, peg-400, peg 100 state, petrolatum, placenta, propal paraben, triethanolamine, urea, vitamin E, wheat germ oil.

I’ve tried miss Jessie’s and I’ve made my own and mine works just the same, AND YOU CAN GET ALL THE INGREDIENCE @ SALLYS!.

PROCLAIM Curl Activator Gel 32 oz FOR $3

Water Aqua , Glycerin , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Hyaluronic Acid , Panthenol , Oleth-20 , Carbomer , Triethanolamine , Benzophenone-4 , Disodium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin Fragrance Parfum ,

COCOACARE : cocoa butter stick 1 oz $0.99ea

PROCLAIM : petrolium bees wax 4oz $2.19

HERE IS HOW YOU DO IT.

3 STICKS COCOA BUTTER

1/2 OF JAR OF BEESWAX 2oz

1 32 oz TUB CURL ACTIVATOR

Begin by taking the cocoa butter sticks and placing them in a bowl. Scoop out 1/2 jar of bees wax and place it in the same bowl. Microwave bees wax and cocoa butter until they are liquid. Use an other larger bowl to put the curl activator it. Leave some curl activator inside of the jar for later. Take liquid wax and cocoa butter and pour it into the bowl with the curl activator. Mix vigorously with a spoon. what you will first get while mixing these the two may look like cellulite but be persistant and keep mixing until the mixture looks exactly like vanilla pudding then mix in remander of activator gel in the jar.

If you do not microvave the bees wax well enough it will clump up when you add it to the cold gel activator it may bead up and not allow you to get the perfectly smooth consistancy that you want. If this happens put the whole solution in the microwave for 4 minutes then beging to mix again. after about 2 minutes of mixing add back in the curl activator you left out from before and it should begin to look like pudding.

Apply to wet hair and style using shingling process discribed @ curvesalon.com. or how ever you wish.

This recipe on one average head of hair will last for about 2 months, and costs under 10 dollars, with some bees wax left over to haddle those pesky edge naps. I hope this has been helpful and I hope it works for you.>>

http://naturallycurly2.com/phpBB/vi...af99a85b4ce4810

AND IT REALLY WORKS---I use curl wax, curl activator, and hair oils instead of the beeswax and cocoa butter.

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 8:13pm
I really want to try it. Miss Jessie's products look interesting and seem to work but I'm not sure I want to throw out 42 bucks for 16oz of hair-butter??? I'm going to try this one in march or over the summer. There salon is in my area so I may go there when school is about to start...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic