Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do I make this curl? Plz help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
qtn2x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qtn2x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I make this curl? Plz help
    Posted: September 07 2005 at 11:46pm

Does anybody know how to make your hair to look curly like the one in this picture?  I would really appreciate it if any of you show me how to do it.  Thanks a lot

Edited by qtn2x
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 1:20am
Large rollers or a very large barrelled curling iron.

If you don't have rollers you can try soup cans or pop cans.

Wet your hair, wrap around a can and use some sort of clip to hold it in place.

let it completely dry.

I don't know how long it will last but you'll get something like that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 1:23am
You might want to make sure the soup can doesn't have a label and get all the glue off it.
qtn2x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qtn2x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 2:22am
thank you for your help.  When you say "wrap" you mean wrap it vertically around the curling iron or can right?  now twirl the hair up like you normally use when you curl the hair?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 2:32am
I'd say use whatever technique you can do.

I read a magazine article recently that said to put the roller or iron at the halfway point of the strand, twist the roller down from there and then wrap the ends around the roller. Kinda hard to explain.

The way you describe it sounds like it would work.

The way we would do it in school was put the roller at the ends and then just roll down.

For irons we would put the iron just a bit above the scalp and then through clicking the lever and turning you would feed the hair into the iron like a typewriter. But that might be hard to do on yourself.
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 11:15pm
I use big hot rollers to get that look.  It works great.  Or a jumbo wave curling iron.  Hope it works out
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic