Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

texturizer and bigen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dudleys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudleys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: texturizer and bigen
    Posted: September 21 2005 at 10:10pm
Ok I was reading on the site that people with straight hair can't get waves because all a wave is is naturally curly hair brushed out straight creating a wave pattern (correct me if I am wrong) now My question is if you put a texturizer such as botanicals in your hair and it stretches your hair out creating a straight look can that be brished into waves I'm strating to form my waves now and I did'nt kjnow if I should put a texturizer in my hair to enhance my wave pattern and mess up the whole thing same thing goes for the bigen dye I wanna dye my hair the blackest black that you can get but I don't want to ruin anything. . .
sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 10:56pm
if ur hair curls at atleast 1 1/2 inches long u can get waves. anything longer than that wont look right. if u used a kit of sum sort to straighten out ur hair, then the effects should wear off after awhile, so yeah, u can still get waves just keep brushing (kits might even speed up the process in sum cases, but that is frowned upon here). there was a guy on here not too long ago talkin about dying his hair. he went thru wit it and i guess he liked it. so... sorry for soundin so cliche, but "DO U." the dye wont mess up ur waves. its jes hair coloring.

dudleys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudleys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 5:42am
thank you sjay
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 8:09am
Yeah like sjay said "DO U"......its all up to you how you want your waves to look. Personally I'm against putting any chemicals in my my hair, so I won't never kit, perm, dye or put any other chemicals in my hair. In the past I did kit my waves thinking it enhanced my waves, which it did, it made my hair stay down great, had I nice shine, but I think it made my waves progress slower after I did it.
baller5000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baller5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 9:41am
yea cuz i used to do the kit a while back and it's really not good for your hair cuz you got keep puting the chemicals in ur hair like every 4 weeks and if you get a cut wit the chemicals in ur hair it does not look right because you r cuting out the chemicals out ur hair and it looks real funny and takes the waves out.And i started using it more and it started turning my hair brown and then i stopped.And I know now that i never needed the chemicals in the first place for waves. 
dudleys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudleys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 3:31pm
but the bigen dye is a powder and all you do is add water it's semi permanent so i don't think that would make a difference because your not really using any chemicals. . .and if you get a texturizer with no lye then your good because if it doesnt say on the box no lye chances are it contains Sodium Hydroxide which will affect the growth of your hair and dry your hair out. . .
baller5000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baller5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 4:06pm
yea but reg texturizers cool 

Edited by baller5000
sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 6:22pm

Originally posted by dudleys dudleys wrote:

thank you sjay

no prob man. jes helpin a brotha out

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic