Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Du-Rag Kills Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HairLine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Du-Rag Kills Hair
    Posted: September 26 2005 at 5:09am

Du-Rag Killed my hair in the back Left A Big Bald Mark In back of my head.

Also on both sides of my hairl line on the sides below the main hair line is getting very light due to the wear of my du-rag.

It is hard to Spin when you cant wear a du-rag because of the hair it kills

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 9:15am
Don't wear a du rag, wear a wave cap. If you can't wear a wave cap, wear a stocking cap made of a some females old stockings that's made of silk. If you still can't wear anything on your hair. Change your hair styles because spinning is a way of life and everybody can't do it.
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 9:25am
Originally posted by HairLine HairLine wrote:

Du-Rag Killed my hair in the back Left A Big Bald Mark In back of my head.

Also on both sides of my hairl line on the sides below the main hair line is getting very light due to the wear of my du-rag.

It is hard to Spin when you cant wear a du-rag because of the hair it kills

learn how to properly wear a du-rag, if you were tying it right you wouldn't have the problem you have. it seems to me that your tying it way too tight. loosen it up and you'll be fine
Rence119 View Drop Down
hip hop director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rence119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 2:01pm
i never knew a durag would give you a bald spot i always thought that brushing with a hard brush would do that
We will always remeber you MJ u are the greatest.

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
1st in career ppg at 30.1
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ
dino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 3:23pm
i never knew it was a difference between du-rags and wave caps
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 3:58pm

There is a difference. One is a "cap" and the other is a rag you tie on head.

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
The Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 5:26pm
My durag doesnt bother my head.
THECHOSEN1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECHOSEN1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 5:48pm
i wear a wavecap
waveing is mental a barrier u must over come

Rence119 View Drop Down
hip hop director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rence119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 6:32pm

yea a durag shouldn't do any damage to your hair

We will always remeber you MJ u are the greatest.

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
1st in career ppg at 30.1
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ
JaSoul07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaSoul07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 6:52pm
I don't believe a du rag could've killed your head UNLESS you may have worn it many times without washing it. That's a no no. Because  there are all of those products along with regular body perspiration, you need to wash your du rag at least once a week. I have about 7  du rags and i rotate them out so i'll never find myself standing by the washing machine waiting for one to finish. I don't know if that's what  caused your bald spot but it was just a suggestion.
BRUSH HARD & DRIVE SLOW HOMIE
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 7:06pm
^tru

but i think the balding that "HAIRLINE" IS REFERRING TO IS DUE TO TYING HIS DU-RAG TOO TIGHT
Lil. B.J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil. B.J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 8:05pm
yea your du-rag is way to tight if it does that.
realistkilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realistkilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 5:39pm
after u wear a wavecap a few times it stretches out then it wont be tight then u can use it
neva leave home witout ya brush
chub120 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chub120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 5:57pm
wear wave caps
I went from old school Chevy's to drop top porches
You couldn't walk a mile off in my Air Forces
And you ain't seen what I've seen
I can get a 100,000 in these Sean John jeans
JordanCollecta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JordanCollecta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 12:43pm
i think when hes talking about the bald spot hes talking about the little bald spot when u brush da top
It aint me, its my jewlery thats pissed off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic