Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tree Braids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tree Braids
    Posted: October 03 2005 at 12:12pm

Hello Ladies,

Well Saturday morning I got my tree braids and they look awesome.  It took her 4 hours to complete, but she was rollin.  It is an African braid shop and they were so nice and the atmosphere was excellent.

My braider did not speak english well but her personality was really cool.  My hair looked so good, I did not go to my regular stylist yet.

I will go to her this Friday for my B-day and have her cut and use Flexi rods.  Want a really nice curl.  I will take pictures and post for you.  Do you know of a good moisturizer I can use with these cornrows in?

Phenomenal Joy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phenomenal Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by LovelyLisa LovelyLisa wrote:

Hi PJ,

The braider told me they last up to 3 months.  How long has yours been in?

Mine have been in for 2 months and they're coming out on Monday.  But they still look great, and could easily go another 3-4 weeks.  The thing is, they're quite tiny and as your hair grows you can experience breakage.  So I am going to go ahead and take them out.  I've already had one "maintenance re-touch" (a couple of rows of braids all the way around the perimeter redone).  

Keep in mind only the individual ones will last this long.  All the advice I got waso that the cornrow type last for a much less period of time.

Also fotki is a free pic hosting cite.  Or you can pay for more services I think. 

Edited by Phenomenal Joy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 2:49pm
Being as I am new to the board, I have noticed that Fotki are setup with pictures.  Is this a free site?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 2:47pm

Hi PJ,

The braider told me they last up to 3 months.  How long has yours been in?

Phenomenal Joy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phenomenal Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 2:37pm

Hi!  Look to your left, I have the individuals in my avatar .  They have held up well.  The hair is bohyme deep wave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 2:23pm

LauraR,

Thank you so much.  They look really nice.  I am really excited now.  I just hope the stylist does a great job.  I will post pics for you to see. 

LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 2:18pm

Found it!

http://public.fotki.com/dontspeakdefeat/super_grow_out_chal/ tree_braids/

check out her album, she posts on BHM, these are the cornrowed kind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 2:06pm
Thanx LauraR
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 2:06pm

Tree braids are where your natural hair is cornrowned and the extension are loose but they are not usually latched hooked they are acctually braided into the cornrow. Does that make sense? it does in my head   but there is someone on BHM that has a fotki album of detailed pictures.....let me see if I can find it

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15476&am p;KW=Tree+braids  here is the one about lace braids, essence has a link to her album on her post

still looking for the cornrowed ones...

Edited by LauraR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 1:31pm

Thanks for the reply.  I have been to BHM and searched their entire forum.  I know they do the individuals around the perimeter, but the rest is cornrowed.  I will keep looking.  Thx

girlnextdoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girlnextdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 1:23pm

ok tree braids...is that where your hair is cornrowed and then they latch hook human hair threw the cornrows..or are u talkina bout individual french lacings?  Everyone calls them different, I know here in houston they call them french lacings where u have a small individual braid and they braid a little and take out hair braid then take out...but they were no where near $160 I paid $220.00 for this process...

if you go to the BHM board, there is someone by the name of essence who has a picture of french lacings i believe....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 1:12pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and would like to know if anyone knows step by step how to tree braid.  I am getting my hair done this way tomorrow and it would be nice if I could save $160.00 the next time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thx

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic