Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Caffeine & weight loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
poisongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poisongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caffeine & weight loss
    Posted: October 04 2005 at 4:40pm
I have some weight that i'd like to lose so I was thinking of getting some pills.But since most of them are pretty much just a load of caffeine i was thinking I would be better of just buying caffeine pills which come a lot less expensive & with no side effects..You think it would work? Thanx!
LisaSue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaSue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 11:25am
I don't want to give any advice that could be considered medical, but that's what I do when I feel my resistance is down.  I just take a Walmart brand of caffeine tablet, and it gives me a boost.  In the long run, I don't think this is healthy, but for me, taking one every once in awhile really does help.
scooby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2005 at 10:48am

Hiya,

Instead of caffeine pills, I'd suggest drinking green tea--it really curbs your appetite w/little or no side effects.

If you don't like drinking tea, you can try Mega-T Green Tea Dietary Supplements, which work the same: curbs appetite big-time, gives you energy w/o making you jittery. Plus, green tea is healthy otherwise (antioxidants, etc.). Mega-T is available in most local drug stores and are fairly cheap.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2005 at 11:28pm
Or just carry a big bottle of water around, which fills your stomach and makes you eat less.  I really need to take my own advice on that-- I used to drink tons of water, but got tired of having to pee so much, so seriously cut back on it -_- .  Bad move-- I was losing weight more quickly and easily when I kept myself full on water all the time!
More awesome than a manatee!
danielcraigsupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danielcraigsupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 6:03pm
Many people took the illusion that caffeine can help them lose weight. Unfortunately, the incidence of side effects. Drinking caffeinated beverages or taking caffeine pills to stimulate the later accession of sweet and fatty food appetite.
pantherdeam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pantherdeam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2011 at 7:02pm

Caffeine may slightly enhance weight loss or prevent weight gain, but there is no reliable evidence, a valuable growth in caffeine consumption or permanent weight loss results.

sharonSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2011 at 1:43am
I can tell you that most personal trainers require clients to drastically cut back caffeine when entering a weight loss program because it is an obstacle to elevating your metabolism. 

maddyrecipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddyrecipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 7:34am
I knew from some site that Herbal ephedra/caffeine is great for  weight loss.
Check my blog about Healthy Recipes and Diet Recipes
nesvyhomesa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nesvyhomesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2011 at 5:39pm
 I have to say  that most personal trainers require clients to drastically cut back caffeine when entering a weight loss program. 
jameshomes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameshomes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 11:36am
I must say that caffeine may help them lose weight. Unfortunately the number of side effects. Drink caffeinated drinks or take caffeine tablets to stimulate later accession of sweet and fatty food's appetite.
kelvintoam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvintoam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 6:56pm
Coffee is a very controversial when it comes to weight loss. Some say it can help to lose weight, some people said it could not conducive to weight loss.

EddieChatwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EddieChatwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 4:40pm
Caffeine may slightly boost weight loss or prevent weight gain, but there's no sound evidence that increased caffeine consumption results in significant or permanent weight loss. coffee is also considered a diuretic and makes your body short on water.
miaemily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miaemily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2011 at 2:08pm
Caffeine pills are less effective than green tea. And meditation is also very effective. Running is the most effective exercise for weight loss.
blackkcarl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackkcarl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2011 at 5:20pm
Many humans took the apparition that caffeine can advice them lose weight. Unfortunately, the accident of ancillary effects. Drinking decaffeinated beverages or demography caffeine pills to activate the after accretion of candied and blubbery aliment appetite.

stevieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2012 at 12:45pm
Hmmmm, why not just eat less and forget the pills. The problem with this type of diet is that eventually you have to go back to eating without pills. Best to eat less and healthy for a lifetime.
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 8:28am
There is mixed evidence on this, since the appetite suppressants actually all contain caffeine for a reason..it is not healthy, you don't need me to tell you that - but it does sometimes help when you just can't resist the urge to eat.

The big problem is that your body builds up a resistance to the caffeine and as you increase your intake to have the same effect that drastically affects your mood.

Cravings come from either a lack of vitamins and minerals in the body or they come from an emotional issue.

So...:
- take a supplement that should give you as close to 100% RDA for essential minerals and vitamins including fatty acids.
- keep your blood sugar level up. This is a MAJOR source of cravings and also keeps your mood stable.

I have been guilty of taking these pills - so I can't say don't...but I have also found the above to be way more effective.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic