Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

4 1/2 year old daughter w/ little hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aliwalsh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliwalsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 1/2 year old daughter w/ little hair
    Posted: October 04 2005 at 11:21pm

My daughter is 4 1/2 and still has not had a real haircut.  I have trimmed the longer layers just to try to make it look even.  Her hair is just to her neck.  It is growing very very slowly.  All of the children that I have seen my daughter's age have hair about 10 times longer than hers.  It has maybe grown an inch since a year ago.  I am very concerned about her hair growth.  I have had her to the pediatrician and a dermatologist who both say that she is fine.  It is hard not to worry about her.  I am just wondering if anyone else out there has had this problem with their children??  She is healthy in every other way and is a beautiful girl!  I just feel bad that she can't wear her hair the way she wants to.  She wants a pony tail so bad!  All of her friends have beautiful long hair that they can wear up.  Please respond if you have had the same problem!

Thank you,   Aliwalsh (concerned mom) 

babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 9:13pm

Its simple GENETICS! nothing is wrong she just needs more time and maybe shes just going to have thin hair look at your hair your husbands hair usually a baby has a combination of that. Just give her more time and maybe she just wont have much hair it can happen and some people have slow growth also she may have not hit a growth spurt. Also put little clips in the front of her hair and tell her that is her pony tail for now and tell her its beautiful she should not be compared to long haired children her hair is just as beautiful:)

Edited by babycheeks24 - June 23 2006 at 9:14pm
Babycheeks
chocomom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocomom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 9:30am
you can try wild growth hair oil its good for all types of hair and is an all natural product to promote healthy thick growing hair www.wildgrowth.com 
ithank you for my blessing of MY CHILD!
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 8:56pm
I know that now seem slike forever, but it will grow eventually...

My son had almost no hair for what seemed a lifetime.  I hod to use sunscreen on his hair even with a hat!  Since it was blonde, it went almost white in the summer.

But now, his hair is thick, full and he's growing it long! (He's 11)

Someone told me that even though it's thin and short, cut it anyway, at least a trim.. since it does something to stimulate the hair and have it grow in thicker.  I don't know if it's true, but it couldn't hurt.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic