Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lace Front Wigs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Anointed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anointed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lace Front Wigs
    Posted: October 10 2005 at 9:22pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the forum and I wanted to know if you have any info on good lace fronts and pics. I really want one and do not want to waste my money.

Thanks!

London View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 12:01pm
please be careful DONT go to Myindianhair.com i ahve PM u my story i hope it is not too late.
jodicline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodicline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 3:47pm

I used customlacefrontwigs.info for the U.S and I love mine.  I just ordered one that had in stock and it fits great and looks good.  I am having a hard time getting my natural think frizzy hair to fit under it without showing.  I also am a pathetic corn rower so any other hints on how to hide your own hair underneath?  I am half tempted to cut it all off.  Anyway, this company is great and quick.

merisit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merisit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 5:38pm

Hey jodi....

do they have a payment plan???  Im too broke to spend such a big lump sum at once....

MONET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 5:57pm

I got the info on those Lace Front Wigs....Trust Me I have heard the worst/best...seen the thickest/thinest... And definately the most expensive right down to the cheapest.

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 30 2007 at 1:19am
first time View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 10:10am
Monet can you give me the infor you have about lace front wigs. I'm interested in purchasing one myself. I would like to know where to go, to get a good one. Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 10:13am

Originally posted by London London wrote:

please be careful DONT go to Myindianhair.com i ahve PM u my story i hope it is not too late.

london what happenned when yu went to myindianhair.com I was thinking about going there this week. They have one located in my area.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 10:15am

Hi,

Can you give me some information about a good supplier to get the wigs from they sell them on ebay as well but I'm not sure if thats the route to take. Thanks

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 30 2007 at 1:20am
CocoScotty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CocoScotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 1:23pm
I was wondering has anyone purchased a front lace wig and what they think of the whole concept? I dont like full wigs.  I like the feeling of my hair breathing and does the glue pull out your hairline?  Do you have the feeling of wearing a wig?  I was always afraid of it coming off or shifting.  Both of which I have had happen.  Also how long do they last for real?  I have been told my wigs should last for 6 months but I am lucky to get them to last 3 months and that is with really good care.  I know also it all depends on cost but do you really want to drop the price of a cheap car on a wig??????  So what is affordable when it comes to these wigs???  I want to hear from the women who have gone out and purchased one.  I am a lover of 3/4 wigs or falls.  They appear natual and I dont fear them falling off.  I have a brand I am very fond of but I have found them hard to find.  Name the best human hair falls out there and why you think so.
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 7:52pm

Well I just starting in with the LF phenomenal .  I purchaed one from a vender (check out BHM)  Lydia, and also from a BHM member. I can say that at first I was skeptical  because I could NOT stand the feeling of wigs on my head. Well when I got the first one (from BHM member), took my time to apply the adhesives (Mity tight, tight grip and tape) and then the LF, I was suprised. My head was light, it looked very natural, the adhesives isn't that bad, and it was not loose nor shifting. 

For the application/adhesives, I can say that it all depends on the person reaction to the adhesives, like some like UH (ultra hold) and others dont because it did not stay put, some like tight grip and others dont, etc. Its more of a trial and error of what works for you. 

The only way tha it will pull your hairline is if you glue/tape right ontop of yout hairline. One usually glue/tape right before the hairline and the removers when used properly works to get the glue off ( I had glue get on my hair at the temple area and the removers worked to get it off) just dont be rough with it basically and of course be patient and take your time.

I dont know how long the LF last...that all depends once again on the person, maintenance of the LF and if its worn daily/every single day and thats what I think the person meant when they told you 6 months..I think thats if you plan to wear it non-stop.

Affordability goes on what you want: (style, hair texture,type of lace, etc) and which vender/company you go with. My best advice is for you to check out BHM (Blackhairmedia.com) hair forum. Because we over there have a lot of info on Lacefronts from how/what to order to how to apply it. Sorry for writing a book LOL. HTH 

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 2:01am
I was wondering if the adhesive would pull out your hairline.  How do you think Beyonce  has her lace front adhered?  It appears that she wears it behind her natural hairline and leaves a  small bit of her natural hairline showing. Is there any tape / glue safe to use on the hairline area without risking damage to the natural hair?
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 3:55am

Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

I was wondering if the adhesive would pull out your hairline.  How do you think Beyonce  has her lace front adhered?  It appears that she wears it behind her natural hairline and leaves a  small bit of her natural hairline showing. Is there any tape / glue safe to use on the hairline area without risking damage to the natural hair?

Thats a good question....I mean I know that I do get a little glue on my hairline but it all depends on how you remove it from your hair to cause or prevent damage. But thats JMO. See when I get the glue on any part of my hair (near the hairline) or my moms hair, I use enough of the adhesive remover let it sit for about a minute or two, I guess so it get really into it, and I comb it out VERY gently and it comes out without a fight persay. But like I said before thats just me  and I havent applied my LF behind my hairline either. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

hollywoodryda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollywoodryda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 11:27am
Hello, 

Could you give me some info on where I can get a good quality lacefront wig but not pay my head to get it??? 

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 30 2007 at 1:23am
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2006 at 4:38pm
Hey ladies..and my company offers Full Lace Wigs. I have an awesome reputation and a good customer service philosophy!

Note:  This post has been edited to remove blatant advertising as per HairTalk rules. 

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 30 2007 at 1:23am
Brown$ugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brown$ugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 6:22am
Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

Bey deffinately wears her lace in front of the hair line, check out BHM for all the candid tragic revealing shots of her and her lace fronts lol especially live or when in concert, although you can wear a lace front behind the hairline it would kind of defeat the purpose of wearing a lacefront, if you watch Bey's never ending pics in the media you will notice that sometimes she has a slightly shorter forhead (wearing a lace front) where as now and then but rare she has a longer forehead (her hair no lace front) deffinately check out BHM those girls got more info on lace front wigs than half the vendors around offering them lol

As far as Bey goes Im amused that people think its her natural hair, that girl changes her hair style, cut, length, colour that often anybody with that much real treatment and styling woulda been flatout bald by now lol

Im vernturing into the lacefront experience myself soon currently researching before purchasing im excited lol!
sweetcharlene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetcharlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2007 at 6:18pm
Hi

the place I get mine from are called www.lace-front-wig.com excellent quality. I have bought from others- chinaCry and it was a waste of time, and money. I have 2 relaxed textured Lace fronts and they really are so natural- and my own hair is growing so nicely underneath without chemicals or tension.

They are really goodClap

-Charlene
deegrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deegrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 2:29am
Hello ladies,

Browse other lace front sites so that you can make an educated decision about your purchase.   See for yourself.Thumbs%20Up

Note:  This post has been edited to remove blatant advertising which is prohibited by HB.com HairTalk rules.

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 30 2007 at 1:18am
eridees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eridees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 11:38pm
I stumbled across this forum while doing a search on lace front wigs and I found a young lady who suffers from alopecia and has been wearing them for a while and she even post a video on how she applies her wigs and they look great!

You can view her video here:

And you can go to her website (she has more pics of her in different wigs and she also sells them.) Video was also on this site but it wasn't working properly.

lohan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2007 at 7:47pm
Hi,

I am a newbie...........where can I get the information that you are talking about?

Thanks,
Smile
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2007 at 3:40pm
Go to BHM or black hair media.And ignore most of the posts this part of the forum.This part was meant to talk about wigs and such.But its turned into a place where everyone is advertising sadly.I wont be buying from anyone who advertises this way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic