Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lace Front Wigs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
devanisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devanisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 2:04pm
Hi

What is your story?

I am really ineterested in getting  a full lace wig. I really really need to give my hair a rest lol theres so many companies offering them and i'm having a  hard time deciding who to buy it from and what type of lace to get. Do you have a any recommendations?
Any info you have whether good or bad would be greatly appreciated

Thanks LOL
devanisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devanisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 6:42am

Hi everyone

Since i found out about lace front wigs (about a month ago) i've nbeen spending nearly all my time researching the different sites stocking them. I live in London where it hasn't really come out yet so i dont know what to expect and i  want to get it from somewhere i can be sure will give me the best value for my money.
I've looked on lace-front-wig.com, divalacefrontwigs.com,and a lot of the ones mentioned in this forum.  I ws going to order at lace-front-wig.com when i noticed that on all about my hair.com there seemed to be 'african american relaxed coarse premium which looks so much more like the hair black people have. I'm worried about having a wig shipped out to me and finding that the texture is all silky and unlikely to look like my own, or that it looks really unatural and like a wig i think i would  cry if this happened cos i've been working hard to  save for itCry   lol

Also what colour lace do you get i'm not darkskinned or lightskinned but just brown and i dont know whether to get a light brown, medium brown or black lace. there just seems to be so many options but not enough info on the sites.

can you realy tie the full lace ones up high without people detecting that its a wig? that would be really good for me to be able to do that and also part the hair anwhere i want. it just sounds to good to be true. Does this really exist?

If any of you have any answers to my queries or info on some really good places to get a full lace from then pls let me know,

Also any good stories or horror stories you have would be very much appreciated. I'm so excited because i really need to give my hair a rest and allow it to grow. the sooner i order a wig the better. pls pls pls pls anyone who has good info let me know Smile 

sorry to be writing so much lol
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2007 at 11:15am

The most comprehensive information I've seen on lacefront wigs is on the BHM forums.. http://forum.blackhairmedia.com. Please read all the newbie stickies. (the vets get testy about folks asking questions which are already addressed in the stickie notes at the top of the lacefront forum) There's lots of good application and vendor information there, and lots of great women to help you with questions you might have.. HTH

150-55-27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 150-55-27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 10:12pm
I like lacefront wigs they are really great especially if you have a medical condition. I have used one of the sites that posted a reply and did not have a good experience, and I was going to use one of the sites that posted and found they are not reliable. If anyone has questions please pm me and I will let you know which vendor I'm seaking of. Thanks
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Longhairdreams Longhairdreams wrote:

Go to BHM or black hair media.And ignore most of the posts this part of the forum.This part was meant to talk about wigs and such.But its turned into a place where everyone is advertising sadly.I wont be buying from anyone who advertises this way.

Please report inappropriate advertising since my goal was to make this about wigs.  I am a huge fan of wigs and will look into removing any inappropriate posts.

Also, if anyone is using Bmail inappropriately to advertise their wigs, please bmail me their User ID and they will be blocked from using Bmail inappropriately.

Thanks for all your help.

Karen
stacey911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacey911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2007 at 10:36pm
I think if you love to wear lace front wigs, it makes no sense to me, to keep your hair braided underneath. The wig just doesn`t sit right, It looks fake sitting high. I suggest in shaving your hair off. Thats what I did, the Lace front sit like my own , the best decision ever.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 7:21pm
I beg to differ.. I've seen LOTS of ladies who wear these wigs with their hair braided underneath and it looks GREAT.. I think it's a matter of being able to braid small flat braids or having a stylist/braider who can braid small flat braids..
stacey911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacey911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 9:53pm
whatereverCensoredThumbs%20Down, SHAVE IT OFF, Whats the use of trying to grow what is totally useless. Braiding and Braiding for what? SHAVE IT OFF
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by stacey911 stacey911 wrote:

whatereverCensoredThumbs%20Down, SHAVE IT OFF, Whats the use of trying to grow what is totally useless. Braiding and Braiding for what? SHAVE IT OFF
I'm glad shaving works for you, but it's not for everyone..

Shaving makes sense if you are a woman suffering from a form of hairloss.. why try to hang on the the little bit of hair that's left?? I have two girlfriends who did just that.. They shaved the last little hair they had left before applying their lacefront wigs..

However, not all women wearing lacefront wigs are suffering from hairloss.. Therefore they braid their hair under the wig to protect their hair while wearing the wig.. Some women even attach their lacefronts to a braided foundation and sewing the wig in place.. (kinda like an instant weave of sorts)

Edited by Divavocals - June 25 2007 at 10:46am
stacey911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacey911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 8:01pm
Don`t you know all or 99% lace front wigs and hair comes for China, all they do is buy it off of them. DUHLamp

Edited by stacey911 - June 25 2007 at 8:02pm
isaac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isaac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 8:50pm
Not sure where you are located.
If your in NYC I can show you the lace fronts at our shop.
I am a venilator so I know how to make them.
I have close to 10 years expereance with them.

If you add the hair in properly you can work it so you dont have to shave your hair.

if you get from China be carefull.

isaac

cyberparlor.com
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 2:10am
Originally posted by stacey911 stacey911 wrote:

Don`t you know all or 99% lace front wigs and hair comes for China, all they do is buy it off of them. DUHLamp
Yep I sure did know that..Tongue A large majority of the lacefront wigs come from China. Mexico too has a flourishing wigmaking industry as well.. A majority of the hair used in the wig and hair industry comes from India and China.

However when I take the lacefront plunge, I will be purchasing my wigs  from American vendors using local ventilators..

Edited by Divavocals - June 26 2007 at 2:20am
stacey911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacey911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 4:16pm
OK, glad that you know and I  know.Clap
stacey911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacey911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 4:37pm
I never suffered from any type of hair loss, I had a full head of hair, it was thick not very long, but, I had no baldness or falling hair. I just realized that braiding and perming was a waste of time and money. Trying to hold on the a texture of hair that I did not like....so I decided to shave it off. All my lace fronts fits like its my own..lays down nicely, looks like its coming out of my scalp.  Think about this carefully, why do most black people wear weaves, pieces, lacefronts. Do you think we love our hair and texture?WackoWackoDo you think we love what god has given us on our heads? Why do people perm? Why do people get rhinoplasy? Why do we want liposuction or large breast? Do we love our skin? Dig deep you will find the answersLamp. You don`t have to be suffering from any hair loss to shave your head...look a "Brittney Spears" she had hair.Wink
soulie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 5:44pm
Stacy, you have a viewpoint that suits you.  I personally love my gifts from God, my hair included.  I love the softness and color of my hair.  There is one type of weave I wear specifically to enhance my hair -- not replace it.  As for relaxing hair: most people I know who wear lacefronts don't relax their hair because there is no point in potentially damaging their own hair when they are planning to cover it.

I disagree with unnecessary shaving of one's head.  First, it creates a commitment to wearing artificial hair -- completely eliminating versatility in styling; you now HAVE to wear a lacefront.

Rhinoplasty, lipsuction, large(r) breasts:  all of these are ways of enhancing one's gifts from God.  It does not indicate a self-hatred; it indicates that people are choosing to make something better.  Perhaps you find you look better wearing a lacefront, but I like having a hairline.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by soulie soulie wrote:

Stacy, you have a viewpoint that suits you.  I personally love my gifts from God, my hair included.  I love the softness and color of my hair.  There is one type of weave I wear specifically to enhance my hair -- not replace it.  As for relaxing hair: most people I know who wear lacefronts don't relax their hair because there is no point in potentially damaging their own hair when they are planning to cover it.

I disagree with unnecessary shaving of one's head.  First, it creates a commitment to wearing artificial hair -- completely eliminating versatility in styling; you now HAVE to wear a lacefront.

Rhinoplasty, lipsuction, large(r) breasts:  all of these are ways of enhancing one's gifts from God.  It does not indicate a self-hatred; it indicates that people are choosing to make something better.  Perhaps you find you look better wearing a lacefront, but I like having a hairline.
Here here girl!!!ClapClap Gotta co-sign on all of this and add the following: In the extensions/wigs game, one size does not fit all.. So if a particular style method, etc works for you then GREAT! Do it!! Not every method or even type of hair works for everyone.. In the end we all make individual choices based on our own preferences and lifestyle.. If it looks good and makes you feel good, then wear it and wear it well!!

Edited by Divavocals - June 26 2007 at 9:13pm
beautyhair365 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyhair365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2007 at 8:59am
we are a hair products manfacture ,we can supply you a wide range of hair products with best price.like,nail hair ,stick hair,easy ring hair,clip on hair,skin weft,lace wig,and hair extension tool.etc.our email is beautyhair365@hotmail.com
welcome to contact us for more details
beautyhair365 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyhair365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2007 at 9:02am
we are a hair products manfacture ,we can supply you a wide range of hair products with best price.like,nail hair ,stick hair,easy ring hair,clip on hair,skin weft,lace wig,and hair extension tool.etc.our email is beautyhair365@hotmail.com
welcome to contact us for more details
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 12:01am

I stumbled across this vendor from another forum but their website does not list any specs or prices for their wigs. I don't even know if they sell to individuals or just to companies buying wholesale.

Anyway, do any of you know of this company or have ordered from them?  If they are a good company, it'd be nice to add them to "the list."

chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 8:58pm
divavocals and soulie IM SO WITH U.  I FOR DAMNED SURE WILL NOT BE SHAVING MY DAMNED HEAD.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic