Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lace Front Wigs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 12:38am
^^^and you don;t have too.
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 1:46am
I have more than 20 inches of my own natural hair that I wrap underneath my lace fronts and they look very natural. My sister is the only person who doesn't know the lace fronts are not my own hair. Shaving off your natural hair is NOT necessary to successfully apply a lace front. Applying the lace fronts over your  natural hair helps it grow much faster and has not done any damage to my hairline.

Just wanted to make sure none of the ladies who are thinking about experimenting with lace fronts takes the uneccessary step of shaving their heads only to regret it later.
Afrotekt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afrotekt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2008 at 9:23am
I shaved my head and it was the best thing I've ever done.
I was sick of perming, braiding and fooling with my natural hair, and the LF is the easiest method to get the style I wanted. (Long tight curls)
I don't mind my natural hair texture (4a with some 3c mixed in) but I wish it didn't break so easily. I had intended to try and grow my hair out under my LF, but-1. The new growth itches so much I have to shave every 3 days 2. When the hair comes in it ruins the LF's parting; 3. I don't have the patience to go from bald to 28"...I need instant gratification, lol.
architecture is for everyone
DIMPLES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIMPLES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 6:29pm
   hello    Anointed                                  good place to get lace front wigs  http://www.celebritystylewigs.com/shop   you can read all the responce , that have order on their website good luck on your search
GET BUSY LIVING OR START DIEING
Bella8933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bella8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 10:24am
To each her own so if you want to shave or grow it out ... make your choice. I'm not trying to talk anyone into shaving their head. That a personal choice.

I agree with shaving it off as well though - so I understand the argument.

I got tired of growing it out - putting in braids, or perming it to get that 'look' that I wanted too. I often wonder why the girls here so cherish growing out their hair .. when they are just gonna perm it again or put a weave in it and in about 6 months to a year - they will be back in the same place they are now.  Which is again TRYING to grow out the damaged hair and whatnot all over again.

I just shaved mine - not completely bald ... but very close. It was scary but wowwwww is my application the bomb!! It's soooo flat on my head.

Upsides:

- When the wind blows my lf ... I can feel the wind on my scalp. Feels great
- My head is light .. no cornrows up there mashed below the lf
- When it's hot ... ummm it's not so bad anymore because my real hair is mostly gone and with the ultra sheer swiss lace ... it keeps the heat down
- If I have to scratch ... ahh heaven ... because my head is 'right there'
- When someone puts their hands on my head ... no bumps or lumps ... it's just round and smoth like it's supposed to feel - so don't feel funny about that anymore.
- I tailored/cut back my units to fit exactly and because I keep my head  shaved .. I never have to worry that the new growth will block me from wearing a particular unit.
- the nape of the unit does not lift anymore because of a 'tight' fit. You know when your own hair is growing ... the fit gets tighter so your nape or whatever wants to lift often
- my lace blends into the adhesives on my head so my scalp or the 'part'
looks great!
- Best thing - my once a week wash and go routine takes 30 minutes now!!!!!!. I remove my unit (10) minutes, take a shower and wash my head, (5) shave imy head a bit(+-5) and reapply another unit which takes maybe 20 minutes.  I'm good to go.

Drawbacks: I can't go out without a lf (or a nice head wrap). But  my lf is always on my head because it takes so little time to apply now. 

And, I never did switch back and forth between my own hair and the lf.
Once I migrated from the long braids to the lf ... I just stayed with them. So people think I finally took the braids out and this is my real hair.  I don't wanna mess up that story...Big%20smile

No, I never switched back and forth - for one thing .. everyone will be in your face because today ... you head looks 'different'. So then you've gotta tell them something. Then you will never hear the end of the 'questions'.

I do love my natural hair but it grows too slow to wait until it grow to locs or a big afro etc... so I stay with lf. Maybe I will find a large afro lf? That's a thought.

So if people say they are growing their hair out because they want to wear it natural - okay .. then I see an end to the madness otherwise ... I don't see the point.

Every 6 months or so will be just like ... 'Ground hog' day.

Edited by Bella8933 - August 19 2008 at 10:30am
Pollypanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pollypanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 11:34am
Wow,

I have to take my hat off to you for the whole head shaving thing.  I couldn't even imagine doing that.  I had really short hair when I was a kid and everyone used to think I was a boy.  Soooo traumatic.  But hey, each to their own. 

I tend to use clip on hair extensions but i do love the look of lace front wigs. Will have to investigate more about them.

ebonyyasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebonyyasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 10:22am
WOW !!!  I take my hat off to anyone that shaves their head.  I love my LF, but I love my natural hair more.  For the past week I took a break from the adhesives and tapes and I'm wearing my own hair, which is 100% natural and mid back as a result of LF.  I love the feeling of the wind on my scalp and my SO fingers when they're in my hair and I don't have to worry about glue, lifting etc...  It's priceless

I know everyone has their own preference, but I perfer my natural hair and could never shave it off. 

Although I know your app's are fierceThumbs%20Up

Edited by ebonyyasmine - August 22 2008 at 10:23am
Bella8933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bella8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 4:57pm

I think it's great that your hair has grown so long under your lf .. but again, the question remains ... 'what are you going to do with it'? It does no good to keep a head full of natural hair under a lf for the rest of your life. Then you have to manage two heads - your own head and the lf head of hair. Too much work.

If it's natural .. that means it's an afro right now - which is fine to wear. But if you want to wear it long .. hanging down your back, then you have to perm it (which will damage it etc.) so then ... what's the point?

You will be back under the lf a few months because the chemicals doom your hair to 'problems'. To make matter worse, believe it or not ... you will age :) and when you start getting a significant amount of gray in your head ... you will want to dye and perm it (so more damage).

The simple fact that you are older means you hair gets thinner and the fact that you have been perming it for 25 years takes a toll as well.

Perms are new. When I was little I had my hair 'pressed' with a hot comb - everyone did. But I remember my mother coming home with a kit called 'Curl Free' with a White girl with curly hair on the front on the box?

Confusing but my mother 'permed' my hair with it. It did not go straight ... but it was much more manageable.

Soon thereafter .. the PERM that we know of today emerged so mother brought us to the Beauty salon (as you could not buy the Perm off the shelf) and we started getting our hair ... permed.

I'm saying this because I am in the first generation of people that have been perming their hair since high school so now I see the results of 30 years worth of perms on the head on my friends.

I have a ton of girl friends that are 50+ and not a one of them has a healthy head of hair. They are constantly dealing with the latest 'breakage' fiasco and they have been in perms as long as I can remember.

That's why I said 'what are you going to do with it?'

IMO - if you want to grow your own hair ... keep it in afro or locs - but not braids, perms etc because all that crap .. is the beginning of the end. Ouch

Edited by Bella8933 - August 24 2008 at 10:31am
Afrotekt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afrotekt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2008 at 11:39am
^ ITA. If I can ever manage to grow my own hair out, there will be no more relaxers! I want to lock it...and I envision myself as a 60 year old woman with long, grey locks...

architecture is for everyone
RDYRED25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDYRED25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2008 at 2:10pm
i too shaved my head and think it is the best thing for my hair, my hair is thin and breaks very easily....maybe in the future i will choose to grow it out but for now i love the convenience of it....
choclatey77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choclatey77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2008 at 1:57am
I thought about shaving my hair when I first started wearing lfs but im sure happy that I didnt. My hair is all natural now I just started wearing it in french braids because i started a new hair regimine that requires me to put the concoction in  my hair just about every day when im not lazy. So I have it applied in the front and i sewed combs on sides and back. I can just flip it up every morning apply my concoction and then go about my business. But before I started wearing french braids I took soulies advice and braided it in 2 pig tails on the side and  then pull them around to the back that worked.  I got some new ones coming in and I want to have a full ap with those so I will just put in the concotion in once a week My hair has grown so much it has never been this healthy and long. Once it grows to the end of my shoulder I then plan to alternate between lace fronts and my real hair. Lace fronts will help grow your hair back healthy and long plus this gives you a chance to properly take care of your hair without the chemicals.
remy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote remy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2008 at 9:45pm

I agree...i am a lf newbie also and i navigate through BHM everyday...I have learned alot from those ladies...I will be purchasing a stock unit to practice on my clients from a CV....If Anyone know any info on Lydia Please PM me...i would appreciate it....THANKS IN ADVANCE

Changing Images
nbrickhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nbrickhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2008 at 3:42pm
I would like to know how to make a lace front wig? Is their anyone that can help me?
Dimples7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimples7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2008 at 6:44pm
Hi, I have been researching a good video to purchase to learn how to make a lace wig, as well.  I was interested in the Breslin video, but it is very expensive.  I am still looking.  Here is some basic information about the lace wig making process.  It is probably not as helpful as seeing a live demo though.

"A wise man never knows all, only fools know everything."
African Proverb
kiana27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiana27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2009 at 6:37am
i bought my wigs from www.wigsunique.com on very low price, i have used it for 4 months, the quality is very good. i don't trust Chinese supplier because many frauds there, but i will just order wigs from this supplier.....

Edited by kiana27 - January 19 2009 at 6:39am
ilnaij View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilnaij Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2009 at 3:32am

The American vendors i like wagmanprimus.com and californialacewigs.com

The Chinese vendors i like http://www.visionremyhair.com visionhaircn@gmail.com and it's been good quality for a decent price.

flaky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2009 at 12:08pm
Hey, Im new to this site but can add my two penies Smile

I have bought a number of off the shelf lace wigs from the states but was not happy as they didnot always fit. 

I have recently purchased a lace wig from www.mycustomwig.com.  Not sure if youve heard from it. It did take 4 weeks to arrive but it looks really good. I went for the 1b human straight 18 inches.

I do need help on the best adhesive to use as ive also tried so many on the market a and so far none of them give me a bond longer than a few days.....

Cparkinson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cparkinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2009 at 3:19pm
There are different glues for different skill levels when applying a full lace wigs. For a begginer I would recommend Mity Tite, for an expert, Safe Grip. Use these in combination with clear adhesive wig tapes. The Safe Grip should last between 1-6 weeks  used in conjunction with tape.

Cheers

Edited by Cparkinson - October 29 2009 at 3:20pm
Ann10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 6:48am
Hi, My experience was very good with dailycelebhair.com , a very good place for lace front wigs.You will get finest quality product at
https://www.dailycelebhair.com
good luck to them.

- AnnSmile

Edited by Ann10 - November 05 2009 at 6:54am
Dimples7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimples7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2009 at 6:25pm
Ermm
"A wise man never knows all, only fools know everything."
African Proverb
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic