Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody order Peruvian hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody order Peruvian hair?
    Posted: October 16 2005 at 6:15pm
hey, did anyone order it? I saw a lady on BHM ordered and posted pix and it looks gorgeous. I was thinking about placing an order too. I can't post on BHM to ask any questions, but she sounded pleased.
If anyone here has ordered, I have some questions about tangles? shedding? split ends? delivery time? grays? and the dreaded nits??? thanks.

ETA: figured I'd change the thread title -- I noticed I was getting a lot of views but no replies.. and figured folks were looking at thread because they thought I had pix of peruvian hair. Don't wanna waste anybody's time looking at  thread for nothing

Edited by Koffee Brown
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 3:40pm
no takers huh. Well I went on and took the plunge and ordered some. I'll post pix if anyone is interested.
K-B
Phenomenal Joy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phenomenal Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 5:22pm
hey Koffee...Essence is the member who ordered and already has senw in the Peruvian hair.  I'll post your ?'s for you because she is really a good source and I know how annoying it is to be waiting 10 years for BHM to approve a membership...(and yet trolls keep getting through )

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 5:57pm
 I did see that "Essence" said she had to wait a while to get her order. So I inquired w/ Peruvian up front "how soon will you ship? I heard someone had to wait 4 wks".I got email replying  that I would definitely not have to wait past 5 days for shipp;ing.

<<Quoting: "The last time we have a minumin stock of Curly hair,  nd many order together, but right nw we have solved this.">>

So I guess they got overrun w/ orders (like a lot of suppliers w/ good hairs do).  After my payment was rec'vd , later email said hair would ship out on Saturday or Monday 24th. yay!
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 5:58pm
Oh PJ ask Essence how the hair is doing w/ tangles and shedding. I got a whole kg of this stuf, so hopefully I will like it.

ETA: I already read that she said most of hers was wavy and not curly. I can work with that cause I wear wavy too, but I would prefer majority curly cause I have plenty wavy hair already in the stash.

ask Essence if she can post over here so i can query her... (even tho I done ordered.. still got some ?'s). Since I can't get past the CIA top secret security clearance on BHM... maybe she could join me here..

Edited by Koffee Brown
K-B
essence3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essence3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 10:30am
Hi this is Essence from BHM.  Phenomenal Joy said that someone over here has questions about the hair I got from Peru.... So I joined to answer...

In a nutshell it is very nice.  It is also VERY expensive for wholesale but still much cheaper than most retail.  It did take 4 weeks from time of payment to delivery inspite of the fact that they told me it would be 3-5 days.  To their credit they were responsive throughout and explained that they got alot of curly orders all at the same time.  That tends to happen once something is posted on these hair boards   So I kinda of understood.  They also sent me 4 ounces of 22-24 inch straight hair for free b/c of the time delay.  The straight hair is beautiful!!! As is the curly/wavy.  The main issue w/my order is that I asked for a kilo of ALL curly.  And they sent me some curly some wavy and some out and out straight.  B/c the hair is so pretty I decided to keep the curly and even the wavy but asked for an exchange on the approx 8 ounces of str8 hair I got.  They agreed and hopefully will be sending it soon (tomorrow).   They also offered to sell me the straight at 40% discount.  Again the hair is really pretty so I couldnt pass that up.  So I am actually keeping all the hair I orginally received and then they are supposed to send me an additional 8 ounces of curly.

I have only had the hair in for about a week now.  But so far so good.  I havent had any tangles.  I have had minimal shedding due to the fact that I cut the wefts and I can tell that these wefts are similar to the zigzags in that you cannot cut unless u do a good job of resealing the ends.  Which I didnt but certainly will do the next time. 

Minus the issues w/the shipping. I have to say this is probably the best quality hair Ive seen.   And Ive seen alot of weave hair in my days Similar in quality to the Great Lenghths wavy/indian texture I got before.

HTH... And if u have any more questions feel free to email me at misscarmend@yahoo.com as Im not sure how often I can/will read here b/c I already frequent too main hair boards and can only keep up with so many vices at one time and still hold down a regular job

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 12:10pm
Thanks. I'll email u cause i got a rack of ?'s. 
K-B
cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 3:06am
Are they answering your emails right now? My friend still hasn't received her package. She said they  did answer one email since the last time I griped here about it and they said they were gone and would give her the new tracking # the next day and of course never emailed back. She's been emailing them and still nothing!  They've suddenly seem to be ignoring her emails or something.  I don't know what's up but for the last 3 weeks she hasn't been able to get the true tracking # from them. They told her they sent the package on the 4th and gave her a tracking # that didn't work and have yet to give her a working tracking #.  I'm bummed because I seriously wanted to try this hair after she got hers and liked it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 12:42pm
Well they are in CONSTANT contact with me. Too much matter fact, lol. I only say that because they are having trouble charging my credit card. Something on their end , I think they are transposing some numbers. But they have emailed me 5 times about it and keep saying the # is "non existent". NOT!! Anyhoo, that's only reason why I say they are emailing too often, cause evertime I see an email from them i'm hoping it's going to say "credit-c # worked this time"; but each email says same "we can't get your # to work". I might not be able to get this lovely Peruvian hair afterall.. I'll let u know once it's resolved and when it ships. She ASSURES me the hair order is being prepared now even tho they have to resolve the c-card # thing-- that won't delay my shipping. It should ship this saturday or monday. FINGERS [majorly] crossed here.

Now once they get my cc# issue resolved, she can email me 3 times a day if she wanna.. I don't mind being kept up to date, so hopefully they won't disappear for 3 weeks. The person who emails me (I keep saying 'she', but I don't know who it is), but they seem VERY VERY nice and pleasant.
I hope whoever it is remembers that Prior to ordering I specifically asked "will it take 4 weeks before I have the hair" and they replied "NO".
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 2:47pm

What email are they emailing you from? mme@speedy.com.pe

That's what she has been using.  What bullsh*t that they are emailing you and not my friend.  That means they are totally ignoring her email!  I hate places that are totally on the ball BEFORE they get your money and then bail on you after they get it.  She's been panicking and emailing them every other day or so and has gotten one email since the 3rd or 4th!  No hair and it supposedly it was shipped the 3rd or 4th.  But since the tracking# was bogus she doubts it shipped. She says the one time they did get back to her they said they were out of town or something blahblah her beautiful curly hair is on its way.  But that was weeks ago. I think she said she has been waiting well over 2.5 months now, but don't quote me on that.  Good luck with your hair. Let me know if you get it.  Maybe they lost her package and just don't want to fess up or something.

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 3:02pm
Interesting. They've stopped emailing the one who already sent them
money and she hasn't received her products yet they are constantly
emailing the one they still need money from. Huge warning bells
going off over here.
essence3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essence3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 3:25pm
They were responsive w/me throughout the 4 week wait.  This is the ONLY reason I did not call my CC company and intiate a refund.  I will say that some of the excuses they gave for why the hair did not ship sounded bogus.  Cherrycoke did ur friend pay via CC?  If so why doesnt she get a refund?

PS and that is the same email addr I corresponded with.  U may also advise ur friend to buy a one of those international calling cards and give them a call...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 3:58pm
Cherry, I'll be sure to mention your friend when i get email (or call) again. I'll pretend she's my friend. 
I'll just say "my friend has ordered too but she hasn't rec'vd her hair and can't reach u by email". Cause I'm curious as a M-Fo as to what's going on w/ your friend and no contact. I's a lil scared now about my order. They are supposed to call me "early this morning" (don't know what that means.. my time or Italy time), but when they call, I will be SURE to mention it.  Cause i'm on high alert now for rip offs.. RED!!
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

Interesting. They've stopped emailing the one who already sent them
money and she hasn't received her products yet they are constantly
emailing the one they still need money from. Huge warning bells
going off over here.

for real AMM!! But if they jerk me around, I'll just take it up w/ my c-card company to get $ back. That's the reason i waited for the Peru company to offer a "credit card pay" option. I was a lil nervous about W-U'ing them funds like that with no samples or anything yet. When I first dealt with them, they were only taking Wire funds and WU. But later they emailed me they were set up to accept credit cards.  With my credit card i'm protected 100% for any kind of scam or fraud or nondelivery. I 'd hate to have to do that tho, cause i want some of the lovely hair Essence got.
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 7:42pm

Nope, she WU'ed them the money. She paid for it before they got this new credit card option.  She said they were extremely helpful before she paid them and the first few weeks after she placed the order they were very apologetic for being late but now several months later they began ignoring her.  (They were very helpful to me too when I emailed them with questions and always answered by the next day.)

Yeah thanks Koffee, maybe that will make them get off their butts and contact her, now that they know that we talk. They'll probably say their emails were down. yeah'right

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 7:46pm
cherry did she use her CC with western union? If so she could still take it up with her CC company.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by cherrycoke cherrycoke wrote:

What email are they emailing you from? mme@speedy.com.pe

Cherry, I just realized u'd posted that address. No, that's not the one I've been using for them. I have r0d@hotmail.com. I think that's for Rod Gar-- he's the guywho has called a few times). Hope that helps your friend.

Edited by Koffee Brown
K-B
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2005 at 12:44am

a FEW months????

she ordered a few mths ago and still has not received it???

what if you tell them look, you said that the hair would not take 4 weeks, tell ya what- if it does, you will then credit me back my money!

Get it in writing!

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2005 at 11:11pm
Cherry, Did your friend receive her hair order yet? I got email from them today saying mine won't ship out til Oct 28th now! Was supposed to ship today. Something tells me this is the first of many delays...
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2005 at 12:46am

I just posted an update about it today.

http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36645& amp;PN=1

28th huh?? They told her today they'd send hers tomorrow, but they've said that about 15 times already.  So they probably won't be sending hers tomorrow like they said AGAIN!  By the looks of the emails they sent her, they are having all kinds of problems getting their hair shipped and their story STRAIGHT!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic