Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting Back Into The Field

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CarolinaGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarolinaGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting Back Into The Field
    Posted: October 25 2005 at 10:11pm
I graduated from Cosmetology school about 5 years ago. I completed all my needed hours and all that good stuff. The only thing is..i didn't take the State Board. I was working a great job while in school and got wrapped up in that and put off getting my license. I've always maintained a great interest in the beauty industry and now i'm just itching to get back into it. I'm not quite sure how to go about doing that though.
Will I need to go back to school all over again? I'm thinking thats what i'm gonna have to do since things are constantly changing in this industry. Any help or advice yall can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
misslou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misslou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2006 at 1:21pm
i'm sure if you get in contact w/ your state's cosmetology board, that they'll let you know.
what I'm wearing: 1 pkg 18" DLux SS #2 and protac
Cora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 5:05pm
Go back to your school, they will direct you to the right people .....your hours should still be good....I do know that it's your license that MUST be renewed every 2 years or you lose everything, hours of schooling and so forth....if you decide to get your license and you pass the exam, just keep up with your renewals.....a great way to jump back into the industry is to find a salon that has hairdressers that keep up with continuing educational classes and start assisting with them- ask them a ton of questions and write things down like formulas and perms and techiniques...I have been out of the business for about 6 years while being home with my twin girls, and I now am assisting any way I can to the salon owner that I work for and I also assist other hairdrssers in the salon when I can- haircuts are still fresh in my mind but the color formulas in Redken are forever changing....hope this helps!
Cora Dugan, hairdresser, make-up artist
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic