Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lauren Holly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 1:32pm

Was it a made-for-TV makeover? Was it part of the show?

I prefer to remember her like this, minus the cigarette:

94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 1:43pm
I will agree she looks great in those pics. Did love her to waist & blonde
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 2:36pm

If she doesn't like it, she might have extensions in a few weeks.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 9:28pm
Unless the show don't want her with them. Then she can only wear them when she isn't shooting for the show.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2005 at 4:25am
I'm not convinced by the spiel about the show. Seems she's been getting shorter for a while and, for some reason, this is the direction she wants to go in now (or, if it looks bad, maybe she'll change her mind and get out the extensions! These days, a drastic hair cut isn't the risk it once was as, within a few weeks, a woman can look exactly as she did before, with the help of extensions).
galbraith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galbraith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 5:07pm
She didn't have any choice about her haircut. The producers of NCIS wanted her to get a short haircut for her role on the show. She had to cut her hair or lose her job on the show. Pictures of her haircut are here.

http://ltah2.fotki.com/video/etholly/
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 11:10pm
I hope it looks better than in these pictures. If it doesn't, it's a major
downgrade.
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 11:50pm
OMG she looks so old in those pics that galbraith posted!!!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 1:22am
The new hair is all right.  *shrugs*  Might look better if she's well made up. . . or just might look better on someone other than her, I'm not sure.  The posted pics aren't the best to judge by.
More awesome than a manatee!
Katie C Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie C Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 5:09am
Thanks Galbraith!!
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 6:17am
Even as a short hair lover I have to say thats bad...
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 6:31am
She seemed very unhappy about the haircut in those pictures.  She had her arms folded.  She also looked so much older with the short hair.  It was a really bad transformation.  Too bad because it wasn't that long ago that she looked hot with the long blonde hair on the show about hospitals that was sort of the poor man's ER. 
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 6:45am
She has a kind of hard face and that style emphasises it. Still not convinced about the show's producers insisting on it. Why should they care? She undoubtedly looked better before and it's to their advantage to have her looking as good as possible. Maybe a suggestion was publicized as an order--and then the whole hullabaloo of the filmed make over could take place. She has a history of going very short on occasions.
Crum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 9:44pm

Per today's Starr Report in the NY Post -

"NCIS" co-star Lauren Holly gets bumped up to "series regular" status on the Nov. 22 episode — a week before her character, NCIS Director Jennifer Shepard, sports a new, very short 'do.

"I had hair down to the middle of my back, and it's gone now," Holly said yesterday. "The day my deal [to become a regular] closed, [series creator] Donald Bellisario said to me, 'OK, now we're gonna cut your hair tomorrow.' I thought, 'OK, I'll do that . . .' it's short, like a boy..."

The rest of the article said that Donald told Lauren that all of his characters are a "litte off center" which makes his show exciting and making people want to watch....it's time to make your character a little off center.  Lauren obviously agreed b/c she said, "He has such vision and knows what's hip!" 

In my opinion, the new cut makes her look older and not as attactive...and this is coming from a short hair lover!! But her longer hair made her hot!!

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 3:49am

Anyone who looks at her hair history on Getty or Wire Image will see some very odd transitions from long to short. I doubt very much for example that in the pics above, that Kramer posted, all that blonde hair is Lauren's.

Anyway, if she did it for the show, she definitely came off looking worse--but the ubiquitous extensions may well be in place within a few weeks.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 6:48am
What the heck was Donald Bellisario thinking? Oh well what are you going to do. He has only this show left on the air right? JAG was killed off last year.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 12:36pm
How about Catherine Bell? Her hair seemed longer the last time I saw her.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 2:01pm
Not sure she will be in a SCI-FI mini in Dec. It still looks long in that
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2005 at 3:24pm
I finally got to see the after picture and i have to say....( everyone knows I'm a huge short hair fan.)... that is awful!!!!  It looks like something from the early 70's.  Very Carol Brunett-ish!  If he had left 3 inches hanging down her neck it could be Carol Brandy.  I think we can be pretty sure she will be growing this cut out starting the day she had it cut!
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 12:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic