Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lauren Holly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
TEMPLAR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEMPLAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lauren Holly
    Posted: November 01 2005 at 7:04pm
I was just watching ET and it showd Ms. Holly getting cropped per NCIS producers request any one have photos?
Horse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 7:15pm
http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/12942/

Anybody got On-Demand or DirecTV's CBS national feeds. You can catch ET on one of those options.
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 7:55pm
Imo, really, really, too bad.Great hair. She's way cuter long than short in my books.Also, prefer her blond, to clown red.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by rardman rardman wrote:

Imo, really, really, too bad.Great hair. She's way cuter long than short in my books.Also, prefer her blond, to clown red.

I uber-love the red, but agree with you about the length. Although she has the features for short hair, she just looks... friendlier with it long.
Horse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 8:57pm
Must dissent from the group. Thought she elevated herself nicely with the short cut. Glad to see it's back.

But do hate the red.
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 10:13pm
What kind of hair did Lauren have and what does it look like now?  I don't watch the show, did she sport the new look tonight? 
ricksnip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksnip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 10:41pm
love to see a photo before i made a judgement long or short she is hot
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 6:42am

I'd like to see the new style. This is how she looked a few years back in "Turbulence."

Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 8:21am
I just saw a replay of the show, and... eep.

Her long hair was simply gorgeous, and she really did get quite a chop. It's a bit shorter up top than the pic Fatmoogas posted, but also a bit longer in back. I hate to say this, but I will -- It probably would have looked great ten years ago. But now, I place an official preference on her long, red hair.

I wonder why the producers wanted her to do it...
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 8:29am
How much did she cut, what style?
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

How much did she cut, what style?

It's a longish pixie, a poor example (but enough to give you a good idea) would be Halle Berry's look in Swordfish.

It had been a few inches past her shoulders in layers that softened her features, with short bangs that highlighted her eyes. Not so much anymore.
Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 1:46pm
I happened to see this and gotta disagree with anyone who thinks the new 'do is an improvement.    First, a disclaimer--I don't normally watch this drivel--listening to Mary Hart report celebrity doings and foibles in the breathless tones one would normally reserve for the Second Coming makes me want to vomit.  But, as the Flea would say, I digress.

If the producers wanted her to do this (as reported on ET), that has got to be one of the top ten bonehead moves of the year, IMO. 

My reaction to the new haircut is best summed up by Ms. Holly's own words as she watched her gorgeous tresses being chopped off--"Oh my God!"  The short, somewhat curly pixie made her look 20 years older.  And I've never been crazy about the red, either--thought the dark & medium blonde styles she has tried over the years are much more attractive.
Durango
Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 2:35pm

It didn't look like she was wearing much, if any makeup when they showed her face on camera with the new haircut. That might be part of the reason why she looked older. I think anytime you see a public person, celebrity, newscaster not wearing makeup it can be jarring, no matter what their hair looks like.

S_Miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S_Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 3:14pm
On the 11/1 NCIS show, she had beautiful below the shoulder red hair, swept bangs. Lovely.  I liked her in short hair in the past but on NCIS last night..very hot
Stephanie
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 3:20pm

I thought the haircut made her look like Frances Fisher's long lost sister (for those who don't know, Frances Fisher was in the past romantically linked to Clint Eastwood, and is about 11 years older than Lauren)  Lauren looked great with short and very short hair about 7 to 10 years ago.  If it were me, I would have left a little more length, but nobody asked!

Lauren Holly doesn't look bad, just not as good as she did before, or could.

94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 5:55pm
I'll save judgement till I see pics of new cut. Thought she was hot on 11/1  show of NCIS
TEMPLAR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEMPLAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 6:34pm

The only reason I started watching NCIS was because of Lauren's Luscious Red Hair, now all over the Salon floor. I won't tune in again.

natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 6:55pm
I *loved* Lauren's short hair in Turbulence -- don't think she ever looked better.

This makeover, however, looked rather scary. I can't say I liked the outcome. Though it'll be interesting to see how she'll look on the show with makeup and all.

BTW: Wasn't her hair a bit short to begin with in that makeover segment? Even before the scissors went to work, it looked significantly shorter than in these most recent photos (from six weeeks ago):

http://www.dailyceleb.com/production/?view=event&eid=3499&ca p=lauren+holly
Pixiefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixiefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 8:44am
I am in the minority here, that close cropped look seems to fit her. It appears she made the call to go ultra short and went for it in stages. I'll be curious to see how close the taper is on the neckline and also interested to note whether her ears are exposed.    
Katie C Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie C Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 8:50am
Does anyone have a link or pics of the actual hair being cut and did they say exactly why she was having this done?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic