Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed**Authentic Bohyme Hair Issue**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 6:12am
Oh I just saw your post....YOU GO GIRL!!!

((((HUGS))))

Edited by Save~A~Stray
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 6:37am
Thanks a lot for your support SAS its much appreciated.  xxx
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 7:00am

I just looked at that website Amanda...there is no doubt in my mind that it is authentic Bohyme!

Now Im positively gonna buy some of the UK Bohyme... you, as an experienced extensionist who has used both the US variety and the UK variety say that it is BETTER, well then Ill try it!

nicey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 7:30am

awww amandai think the quality of your hair is FANTASTIC!! washes,colours and wears very well..i had 18 inch and can honestly say all the time i wore this hair the quality never changed even after changing the colour with a pre lightner and then colouring it again over the top! in total my hair was coloured about 4 times..lol never was 1 to make my mind up

loux

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 7:55am

Thanks lou, that is also much appreciated and spoke from one of my clients.  No doubt when Lou starts up she will too be purchasing my hair.

Some confusion seems to have begun why people have been offended when Kristen's post doesn't seem to have been directly directed at me, here is the post that was posted before it was edited just to be clear why there were the responses that there were before it was then edited.

This is what I was told and I just wanted to pass it along. With this being said, it does not mean that some of the knock off brands of Bohyme are bad hair, from what I've heard the hair Amanda uses is great but it's not authentic from the Bohyme company. Sorry for the bad news but I think it's important information that buyers should know.

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
nicey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 7:59am
thats for deffo amanda
nicey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 8:04am

but it wont be for ages yet the course is booked up until january..lol so will jsut have to sort everything else out first..lol but you will be the one i buy hair from.. not far to travel or post...lol

loux

Aeone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 9:38am

Woo!

Go Amanda! Way to clear things up :D :D

LauraR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 10:07am

I have to agree with Elvira, there does seem to be more self advertising lately with everyone getting their sites up. 

This board has always been so informative

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 2:14pm

To any who missed it, I did edit my first post and I wrote why I did so in my thrid post. I was just trying to say that I knew some of the other hair that uses the Bohyme name is great hair, it's just not affiliated with bohyme.com

I tried to call Rachel this morning but i got her voice mail, I will stay on this and come back with anything I find out. I relayed what the company told me but that was obviously not enough proof for me. 

Here are some of the pictures of their brochure with the copyrighted images from Bohyme.com

Fashion World owns the registered trademarks to the name Bohyme. I'll give you US government the links but please click the "log out" button when done viewing them; it is to my understanding that you need to release the file so others can view it.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=fl28hb.4 .1

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=fl28hb.3 .1

Once again, please review this thread from 2 weeks ago. This topic has been brought up on the board recently and not by me:

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36483 &KW=bohyme 

Edited by CaliforniaKristin
leelou View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 2:35pm
well gang i have always gotten my hair from amanda and authentic bohyme or not its fantastic hair! So, it seems that a lot of companies are selling hair under false pretences then? but as long as it does what it says on the packaging( tangle free and cuticle correct etc) and is not priced sky high then people are gonna buy it, authentic or not. Is bohyme then processed using a patented method which is not allowed to be used by any other company? what do they do to the hair that is so different from other processes? once the hair is on  our heads who can tell the real bohyme from the fake? are the authentic Bohyme manufacturers sueing all these so called `Bohyme` companies for false representation of goods?? they know they exist so what are they gonna do about them?
xxx Leanne
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 2:40pm
I think I'm just going to say this about Bohymegate--

Kristin, if this is proof enough for you then I would ask that this be dropped. I hear what you're saying, I see the brochures, I see your hair. If others need the proof, your link is here and they can contact you and decide for themselves. We can all monitor the UK companies and if they pull the Bohyme trademark off their packaging that they've had out in the open for years, that'll be the best proof.   

Perhaps you can give the Bohyme office here in the U.S. the information provided here and they can follow up.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 2:41pm

I couldn't open those links Kristen, so who has the patent on bohyme then, the USA company or the UK company? x

leelou View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 2:45pm

ROFL bohymegate Amm you crack me up!! sorry ladies but it made me giggle!!

xxx Leanne

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 2:50pm

LOL, let's not get started on one of our little gross threads leelou lol xx Hey, this can't have done my reputation that much since this thread, I've sold 4 packs of hair today from this board! x

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 2:51pm
It's about to be 5, hon. I gotta make some clips :)

edit: can you get the bodywave that's in the picture on your page?

Edited by amm
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 3:12pm

I agree that Amanda has fantastic hair, all of her pictures of look great and like those done with the US Bohyme. Does it really matter where it came from if it's great hair?!? No. If I found great hair that was $10 and being sold out of a shopping cart by people living on the streets I would still buy it. Why because it's good hair, I could careless where it came from if it's quality. The quality of any particular brand of hair was never under question in this post, some have assumed it was. The question brought up was if differently packaged hair was from the same distributer that runs Bohyme.com. I was told directly by fashion world that it's packaged differently because they are not form the same factory or company.

Amanda: Sorry those links didn't work, I guess they expired. Go to this page:

http://www.uspto.gov/main/trademarks.htm

Click on "search trademarks (mddle top of page)"

Click "basic search"

Type in Bohyme and click enter, it should pop right up.

Amm: I'd LOVE to drop this topic, it was never intended to be anything like this. I'll forward it to the Company like you suggested and let them handle it. If they need to contact anyone they will, all of the information is here.

LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 4:25pm

isnt that the fun of the internet, things can sound different than meant.  im sure you didnt mean to offend anyone kristen, all the times ive read this board youve always been so nice.  so have you amanda, you girls are all so nice i hate to see misunderstandings. 

p.s. amanda - haha i bet youll sell more hair now, scandal always makes people buy!

Syren123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 4:38pm
Now now now.

Did I miss something? How did this thread go from Kristin's research on authentic Bohyme to a lynch mob defending Amanda's honor? At no time did I ever get the impression that Amanda's hair or person was being defamed so where did this all come from? Kristin reported what SHE WAS TOLD by HER SUPPLIER who, in Kristin's opinion, should be a credible source of information. Said information led to the logical assumption that Bohyme supplied from sources other than American sources would not be authentic Bohyme hair. That's it.

Copyrights and patents are NOT international by default. If a company or person wants patents in other countries, it/he must apply for them also, not just in one's home country. Add to that how some international companies are structured and good luck trying to find out who has exclusive rights to Bohyme - Kristin's supplier's company and Amanda's may be related or they may not. Doesn't matter. Each has the exclusive right to Bohyme in it's respective country. Both reps gave somewhat correct and somewhat erroneous information but they're not patent lawyers - they are hair distributors - so they're forgiven.

I propose we take the information presented and beware not of our Amanda but of those other freaky imposter weirdos like...you know who....and just be aware that fake Bohyme is out there.
LauraR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 4:59pm

Thank you Syren!

and I do have to add one little thing.... I work for a manufacturer (not hair, but close) and I have to say we have quite a few patents on our products and we always cross products in between lines and make NO claims to them being the same.  What I mean is they have a well know brand that is exclusive to Dr., lets say "xyz", then they take the same exact product and re-package it as "abc" and sell directly to consumers.  When people find they are made by the same company the question comes... Are they the same?  The answer you would get, would be "They are similar formulations, but not the same."  This is to protect the Dr.'s who have an "exclusive product" and hike the prices.  What is different about them.... The packaging!

We also sell internationally and package everything different for these customers.  It's all marketing!

So..... I don't think anyones 'reputation' is at stake here, and someone should be able to report on what they found or were told by their distributor, because I am sure everyone is acctually right here.

Edited by LauraR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic