Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed**Authentic Bohyme Hair Issue**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: **Authentic Bohyme Hair Issue**
    Posted: November 10 2005 at 4:04pm

Hi, I just placed an order for more Bohyme hair directly from the distributer and while I had her on the phone I brought up the question of why Bohyme would be packaged differently in different countries. Her response to me was that it is not packaged differently and that it was impossble for anyone else to be distributing Bohyme because their company 'Fashion World' owns the factories where Bohyme is produced. This being said, she also told me that there are many imposters around. She told me, "Anything can be made in China with any label attached to it, it's just like fake Gucci products- it's illegal but people still do it. The quality is poorer than Bohyme. If it was just as good they would make a name for themselves and not have to rely on our name to sell it. We are cracking down on people selling knock offs."

I spoke with a representitive named Rachel and she welcomes anyone to email her regarding this matter at Info@Bohyme.com or Rachel@Bohyme.com

Authentic Bohyme will always be Distributed by Fashion World (USA) and come in packages that look like this:

(some of the different textures may vary -slightly- in packaging but the tags will be identical to those in the first and second picture):

Edited by CaliforniaKristin
marie87 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 5:30pm
I had a client buy what was suppose to be bohyme on ebay for 1/2 the normal price. It came with a sliver of the tag lol, and matted in a week!
EmilyStrange View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 5:35pm
Thankyou for posting this, it's good to finally know the answer!  I've just taken out my '"UK Bohyme" (Jazzy brand) today after 4 and a half weeks, and whilst it is relatively smooth, it tangled on the ends (and this was only 14inch hair with another couple of inches cut off after installing) right from the off.  I don't know whether authentic Bohyme would do this or not, but that was my experience with the UK stuff. 

Edited by EmilyStrange
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 5:52pm
before I make an assumption that what Amada is selling is or isnt authentic...I will give her a chance to respond. So until then I will reserve comment. No offense intended...
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 5:53pm
Interesting. I'm sure you're referring to what Amanda is offering.

Baacha Traders as well as Afrocare are both adamant the hair they offer is Bohyme brand. Both are reputable businesses as far as I can research and I'm not exactly sure how each one could be high profile in the hair industry and sell this for 2+ years. We'll get to the bottom of this, I'm sure, and I know Amanda will do the right thing and rectify it if she discovers differently. As I recall there's a few UK members on this board who stated this was Bohyme as well.

Kristin, while I have you here. There is quite a bit of information on your new site that I wrote, specifically your policies and shipping information. I assume you copied it from my web site as it's word for word as mine. Or, it's just an extreme coincidence? If the former, I would ask that you get permission from me before copying my text. I have the screen captures of it if you'd like to PM me to see what I'm referring to. Thanks.

Emily, all hair can tangle. Even the gold package brand became a routine mess in the hair of a friend of mine who runs the YTF board.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 7:21pm

First off I'm not out to get anyone by all means. I'm actually extremely fond of Amanda. I've been in contact with her many times and I even send her out free samples of some of the new items I get in that I don't ever send to anyone else. If a HairTalk member came up with this sort of information on a product I sell I would expect it to come up on these boards- they're informational boards, that's what they are for, right???

She was under the impression that the Bohyme she bought in the UK  was authentic and so was I when I first heard about it. I just thought it was funny that the packaging would be completely different so I asked. Members of this board are here to know information like this and I'm sure Amanda would like to know too. It's important to know that there are imposter products out there. If it was found that a site was selling "Great Lengths" that wern't really authentic, don't you think someone would post it??

Amanda: you know I think you're great  

Like I said anyone is more than welcome to contact company and Rachel is expecting you. I'm not trying to step on anyones toes but consumers have the right to know. Amm, I'd be more that happy to pass along your email address to Bohyme if you'd like them to contact you or you are more than welcome to contact them. I looked on the Baacha Traders site as well as Afrocare and I didn't see any Bohyme hair on their site. I may have just missed it, I've never been on those sites before. Can you give me a link their Bohyme hair? 

Emily, I'm sorry to hear what happened to your friend. If you ever see "Bohyme" being mass sold for half the price run! If you knew how much wholesale Bohyme is you would wonder why the hell I even sell it. Btw, I've never had Bohyme tangle on myself in the whole 4 years I've been using it, neither have any of my clients (please keep in mind that 99% of what I use is silky straight).

Amm: You had a great idea with the making sure spam filters are off(I've had that issue too) and providing proof of a returned item, my hat goes off to you as it does with all that you do. I did incoorporate those ideas into my policies but I did not 'copy' your words. I'll review your site and re-word anything in those 2 topics that seems to be anything like yours. 

If anyone would like anymore information about contacting the Bohyme company please PM me.  

BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 7:31pm

I have no doubt that companies in China are Bohyme imposters.  The company I work for manufactures a very unique product, the only of it's kind.  While at a tradeshow, we had interest from a company from China who wished to become distributors of our product.   When we declined, they simply took pictures and copied it, down to a T.   In their marketing efforts, they even use pictures WE ourselves took of our own products.  How can they do that and get away with it?  I think because China does not recognize international copyright laws.  One could file a lawsuit, but it would be heard in a Chinese courtroom, and if they don't recognize our copyright laws, they certainly wouldn't rule in our favor.  It's a sad, but a basically no win situation.

Aeone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 8:35pm

Good grief.  

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 8:53pm

ok...I said I wasnt going to...but I guess I will...Ive changed my mind and want to make a few comments.

Kristin...Amanda...Amm...I think you are all great and are doing us all a great big favor with all the efforts you all make to this board.

But I have to say Kristin, you publicly discredited the authenticity of Amandas product. Personally I think you should have privately contacted Amanda and let HER verify the authenticity of the information. And then allowed HER to say if it is or isnt authentic Bohyme. You should have given her that chance before publicly discrediting her product. You have no solid evidence that it ISNT Bohyme...only what someone is telling you...same as Amanda has been told that it IS authentic Bohyme. So I think it should have been sorted out...before posting. Same as if one of our regular posters had conflicting information on a product of yours...give you the opportunity to verify the information first.

Yes these boards are here for us all to gather info....but Amanda deserved the opportunity to view that information first...not like this.

Further more....I  think I remember that Amanda said that she quit using US Bohyme because she found the UK Bohyme to be of better quality....so...I could care less if its authentic or not...if its better Id use it! The Bohyme name doesnt mean sh!t to me! I found Bohyme only mediocre in quality anyway (decent for the price)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 10:04pm

This post was not aimed at Amanda it was aimed at answering the question of Authentic Bohyme. Obviously there has been an issue from reading the above reply posts that people have been buying imposter Bohyme on Ebay and elsewhere. Look at the first and second responses: "I had a client buy what was suppose to be bohyme on ebay for 1/2 the normal price. It came with a sliver of the tag lol, and matted in a week".... and....."Thank you for posting this, it's good to finally know the answer!"  (an above response after buying foreign "Bohyme" hair from Jazzy hair).There has been questions about this on and off this board I merely answered it.  I wasn't even going to mention Amanda but I wanted to give her credit because dispite my findings I still knew that she was selling good hair. Her installs look amazing and she's been using it long enough to confirm that it is quality hair. This being said I'll remove anything about Amanda in my first post even though I think without saying "dispite my findings, Amanda still has great hair" it gives her no credit what so ever. 

I went straight to the company... the one behind Bohyme.com is there possibly a higher place to go for evidence??? There's no chance in H*ll I would have posted this if I wasn't 100% positive, I would never do that about any product.

Last week there was a post regarding the packaging of Bohyme where I first heard that it was possibly being packaged differently in other countries. I said i was going to ask and I did. I said I would report my findings back to the board and I did.

I've been on this board longer than 99% of the people here, about a year and a half now. I've offered tons of information and I'm just trying to answer peoples questions and offer my advice. Please if anyone took offense I send you my deepest apologies I was just offering broad information to the board because I don't know of anyone else here who has direct contacts to the Bohyme Company.

If the company is open during the holiday tomorrow I will post their phone number along with more proof that this is the authority on Bohyme so all can call and see for themselves.

Once again I'm sorry for anyone I may offended.

BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 10:55pm
Thank you Kristin, for pointing out a cold hard fact that many of us obviously have, or would have been, misled about, mistakingly or not.   And thank you to everyone here who has ever investigated, tested, and evaluated any product and reported your findings.   Your conclusions go a long way in helping those of us who care about what we put in our hair, not to mention save us a ton of money and frustration.  
hairFANatic View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 11:19pm
I whole-heartedly agree with BirdOfEden!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 11:41pm

All Im saying is there is obviously conflicting information....and Im not saying anyone is right...or anyone is wrong. But until all facts are verified I wont call anyones product fake...or unauthentic. But I have no doubt in my mind that its possible that Bohyme...is only a small company probably owned by a bigger company...owned by a much larger company....who are involved in alot other foreign industry and trading...and that same hair may be also packaged otherwise. Who manufactures Bohyme hair? I dont know....so not knowing all those facts I cant make any assumptions. I know that Baacha traders is involved somewhere in there...along with Sharps Global trading...so who knows? Anything is possible. I cant say I begin to understand business/foreign trade....and I can gaurantee that the hair that is manufactured for Bohyme starts out in a foreign manufacturer.

I can say that the hair I used to buy from Korea....is packaged by MANY companies with different labels. I was purchasing straight from the manufacturer. The hair went from the manufacturer to several companies who put their own name on it.

Im sorry Kristin if I offended you...was not my intention...I think you have a great website...Ive ordered from you several times, and I think you are an awesome extensionist and very knowledgeable....I just disagree that it was handled in the right way.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 12:46am

Thank you Sherrie, I've been looking like this  for the last couple of hours. I was looking to see if I could find any of the past posts about people questioning the Bohyme brand but theres about 430 posts with the word Bohyme in them Here's the main 3-page post that first got my gears going on the subject:

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36483 &KW=bohyme 

I'll get some hard evidence tomorrow, hopefull they are not closed for Veteran's Day and we can get to the bottom of this.

elvira View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 3:33am

Did I miss something? Where was Kristen attacking Amanda's product? Were people assuming that Kristen was talking about Amanda's Bohyme? Kristen, I have always thought of your posts as professional, informative and non self promoting. Thanks for the info on the Bohyme.

There does seem to be quite a bit of self advertising lately on these boards, more than usual. (my opinion)

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 3:50am

My hair originates from this website www.celebrityelite.co.uk I'm going to e-mail the company and see what they say.  Does anyone have a microscope, I'd like to get USA bohyme and UK bohyme under it!  If anyone has USA bohyme and would like a sample of UK bohyme to compare and decide which is best for themselves pm me and I'd be happy to send them one.  I can only reiterate what I've said in the past.  When I first started extensions I used USA bohyme.  I was very happy with it but the shipping took too long.  I could never do clients say next day because it took about 12 days for the hair to arrive.  I did some research and found that Sharps Global Trading had the patent on bohyme hair, if anyone does a search they will see this, so why do they have the patent on it if they aren't authentic suppliers of it.  I don't know how patents work but would they have just let them do this?  This is how I found my present supplier.  Obviously I was dubious about trying a new hair supplier but I found the hair to be the exact same texture, feel, even after washing (as I wear it myself) and longevity.  At the end of the day my clients surely would have noticed a change in the hair wouldn't they???  After doing over 100 heads, yes I've had bad batches of hair, out of those 100 I've had 3!  I have the blonde hair in and I don't get tangles.  Some people do report tangles and dry ends but they did with the USA bohyme.  I don't know what else to say really guys other than get my clients to come on the board and report on the hair, what would you want me to do?x

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 4:41am

The reply from my supplier.

Yes the Bohyme is genuine from the United States marketed under our
brand name Celebrity Elite.

If you need more information please call me on 00 4 7845 355 455 or email
me at yaser@baacha.com.
This is the e-mail I've sent direct to the supplier.

Hi there, I am a hair extentionist and have recently been purchasing your brand of hair as well as passing this onto individuals.  I would like to make it clear before I carry on with this e-mail that I have no qualms or have had no complaints from the other individuals about your hair. 

There is I'm sure you are aware a hair extension chat forum called hairboutique.com.  Myself along with others regularly post comments on hair extension techniques and obviously about hair extensions.  This is purely a discussion board.  I assume that you know that a website exists www.bohyme.com this also sells bohyme remi hair.  Someone on this discussion board has contacted www.bohyme.com and questioned the authenticity of your bohyme remi hair and this company have then said that you are basically a copycat company and your hair is not in fact bohyme remi hair.  I have attached the thread from the discussion board for your information.

I would really appreciate it if you would help me clear this matter up as it isn't doing a lot for the reputation of my business and the hair I use if its being said I use "fake" products.  I am quite happy with your hair and so are my clients and I will continue to use it but some clarification is obviously required as to whether this hair is in fact the same as the USA bohyme, if it is from the same supplier and why they are calling you a copycat.

A speedy response would be much appreciated.

Amanda Lee xxx
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
greathairday View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 5:47am
I agree with Elvira - Krsiten, your information is helpful, professional and
informative. Thank you.
Why not have a great hair day???

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 5:50am

This is also from my bohyme supplier.

Hi man that’s obsurd.

AS you quite rightly so mentioned sharps global trading holds the patent on bohyme.. so whats all the fuss about!!! Its marketed under Celebrity elite . its cheaper than the USA bohyme and as many people have commented better. If Bohyme USA have any problems they will take it up with Sharps Global Trading. And surely would have done in the last 2 years.

That’s all I can say. What else can I say about this.

If u get any more mails send them to me I will take it up with sharps aswell to let them know whats going on in the market with respect to this and they can take neccessary action.

Regards

Yaser Ali

(Sales Director)

Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 6:08am
Hi Amanda

Sorry to come back and see what you woke up to this morning.

Please don’t worry……your business and reputation will not be
harmed in anyway. We all have come to know you as our hair
buddy and love your work. I know you would only use quality
remy hair. Your work is lovely and admired by many and so
your work speaks for itself. There’s no better judge than
yourself between the US Bohyme and the UK Bohyme really.
You have done amply testing with both….over a 100 plus
installs right?. If you and your clients are very happy with the
product and it performs the same or better than the US Bohyme
with no tangles for the 3 months of wear then really there’s no
damage done. You should feel good about your hair you
provide….you are bringing quality hair to your clients and it has
lived up to the Bohyme name and 3 month tangle guarentee. If
you were buying under the name Bohyme and it was
performing exactly like the US one them what was to question?
This is not your fault!! Sorry this went down like this ….but you
have my support and I would buy your UK Bohyme any day if I
need some in the future.

Off to bed for me!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic