Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Couric and Ann Curry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Katie Couric and Ann Curry
    Posted: November 29 2005 at 9:00am

I know this is an old topic for some, but the contrast in the two top ladies on NBC's Today Show was especially striking today.

Katie's hair has gone a few shades darker this week, but it also looked very thin and limp this morning. Would there be any point whatsoever to getting her hair thinned out during a trim and coloring session?

When Ann let's her BSL/midback length hair down, the world notices. At least I do. She looked spectacular today. Her hair is longer than I've ever seen it. I wish she'd wear it down more often.

Alas, there are no photos of either woman from today on GoGoMags.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 1:40pm
Damm I missed Ann C today. I had it on but I kept missing it. Oh well. I hope someone cap it.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 4:54pm

Good news, Mike. The site has been updated and there is a nice side show of Ann:

http://www.gogomag.com/cgi-bin/tvheads_viewer.pl?tvheads4369 4&43694&Ann

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

When Ann let's her BSL/midback length hair down, the world notices. At
least I do.

Does anyone else's opinion count anyway?
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 10:42pm

I know there was some speculation, probably accurate, that Ann's haircut would be in December.  I'll have to go back and look for the old posts but I think it was about this time a year ago that it became known that she was growing her hair long for Locks of Love. 

As this picture shows, she certainly has the length now to do the donation and still leave her with some hair.  I guess when she does cut it I expect something on the order of a just past chin length bob type cut.  Not sure how many inches that would mean she is donating but maybe around 12?  I know the minimum is 10.  It will be interesting to see what happens with it and how they cover it on the Today show.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 6:38am
Or the LOL people could be just thorwing out names. I was reading another board I can't recall what one. About M Carrie sorry about the spelling (Singer) was also going to lose her hair also. Just wait and watch enjoy in the lenght untill she cuts it or not cuts and maybe reach her waist?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 6:39am
Kramer thanks for the link.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 8:29am
I'll be the voice of (slight) dissent on Ann - I think her current hair is
very blah. I'm all for long hair, but I wish she'd, you know, style it -
pick a part, put in a bang, a layer, a wave, or - no, don't say it! -
well, OK, say it - a curl. Right now it's just hanging there, flat, limp,
and perpetually tucked behind her ears, just sorta long for the sake
of being long. Most of the time I get the sense it's in her way and
she's annoyed with it. I hope she cuts it just because it'll force her to
try a new style.

Like this (Nov. 2002):

">

LOVE this (Aug 2001):

">

As for Katie, we agree - blecch. Even another out-of-date, flat,
unflattering style would be a nice change from this out-of-date, flat,
unflattering style...
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 8:31am
Sorry, don't know why those uploads didn't work. Once again:

Nov. 2002:

[IMG]uploads/Curlyfan/2005-11-30_083037_Ann_Curry_Nov_02.jpg[/
IMG]

Aug. 2001:

[IMG]uploads/Curlyfan/2005-11-30_083056_Ann_Curry_Aug_01.jpg[/
IMG]
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 8:32am
Oh, forget it, go to Getty Images and find them yourself...
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 9:47am
Thanks for that pic, Kramer. Ann Curry is looking good.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 12:37pm
I saw her today it was down and she had to walk to get to the other side well it showed her lenght. 4 to 6 more inches and we will see waist lenght for sure. When she ducked by. It looked good.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 10:26pm
The very best photo I have EVER seen of Ann Curry is on Page 14 of the TV Guide with Katie Couric and Matt Lauer on the cover. Ann's hair is down and looks glorious. Wow.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 8:10am
Kramer do you have a pic or link for that one or a date so we might be able to look on line for it?
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 1:50pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Even Ann looks either 1) surprised she actually wore her hair down for a change, 2) how long her hair has gotten or 3) how freakin' nice she looks in the monitor.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 8:53pm
Thank you Kramer just keep it comming. Anything new you find post it thanks again.
S_Miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S_Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 7:02am
I saw that Ann looked as good or better than she had in a long time and most know I loved her with short hair.  By the 3rd hour of the show how ever, it was not looking too good.  She is a "hair player" and by the 3rd hour, it had lost it's curl and was back behind her ear.
Stephanie
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 7:53pm

Ann has been wearing her hair down much more often the past couple of weeks.  Moreover, as those latest pictures indicate, she's wearing her hair in front much more so you can really see the length. 

I've been expecting the LOL haircut for several months.  I should be past the point of guessing when it will happen.  She has more than enough hair to donate the minimum.  I'm guessing if she wants to cut her hair on the short side, like a chin length cut, that she could donate 14 inches.  That's a lot of hair....maybe she'll do less and keep it closer to her shoulders.  Of course the delay may be because of the daughter.   

SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 10:52pm
They are good examples of why beautiful, feminine women usually look better in short adorable hairdos. They look very ordinary with long hair.
Brent
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 7:27am
WI know one thing she isn't wearing your regular talking head hair cut. That I'm glad for.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic