Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Couric and Ann Curry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2006 at 1:19pm
Tuned into Today this morning.  Ann was away on assignment; interviewing and "hanging out" with the new president of Liberia.

So Ann "dodged a bullet" in more than one way.

BTW, she looked great this morning.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2006 at 2:24pm

I didn't tune in until 8:45 a.m. or so, but Ann was definitely on periodically this morning from that point until the end of the show at 10. I was under the impression she was filling in for Katie Couric because Natalie Morales was doing the news in Ann's spot. Ann's hair was down. It was a good morning.

Here's proof:

http://www.gogomag.com/cgi-bin/tvheads_viewer.pl?tvheads4921 3&49213&Ann

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 6:58am
BTW looks like Kate changed her hair a bit flipply but not overly so. Looks good. Ann wow still long and looking good. Nice back shot today.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 12:24pm

Wow! Three Cheers for Ann Curry's Long Locks! LOL.......

Ok I'll just say it, Get a life or grow your own hair, or get extentions, or a wig, or a barbie, or Ann Curry blow up doll!

Katie ;)
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 9:09pm

Great news! I just found the manual to create my own Ann Curry doll!

http://www.snapandshare.com/photo_album-uid-26314-fid-38903. htm

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 3:07pm

So, what I'm thinking happened with Ann is that they set the "long hair makeover" segment up and then for some reason she decided not to participate.  Why do I think this?  Well...

• This seemed custom made for Ann to have her opportunity to cut her hair on the show with a name stylist (Louis Licari)
  • Natalie Morales did the segement, 'cause Ann was on assignment and out of town.  Seems like they would have rescheduled, 'cause it would a natural for Ann at least for the conversation with Louis about her own long hair
  • They only had two models.  They never have only two models.  There are always either one or three plus.  Where was the third?

Sure, it's circomestantial, but it rings true at least for me.  And is it just me, or does it seem like Ann got a light trim/shape up on her long locks of late?  Dunno what the deal is.

Oh, and Katie looks 100% better with the additional layering and flip.  Amazing what a difference a small change makes.

JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 4:48pm

Could be Ann is, like Halle Berry, coming to appreciate her long locks.

Edited by fatmoogas
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 6:44pm

I also noticed that Ann's hair seemed slightly shorter compared with before she was gone for the week.  It's hard to tell for certain because she usually has it curled but I could definitely believe it. 

I wonder if she has decided to not do it...or what?  Maybe wait until summer?  I guess that is my best guess...that she and her daughter will do the donation this summer.  Maybe her daughter decided she needed to wait and that put the whole thing on hold.  It's also possible that she just decided 'no deal' although that does seem unlikely considering it had received some press. 

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 8:40pm
I don't think she was ever donating. There was supposedly an article over a
year ago that said she was. The article didn't actually quote Ann, but
someone who said Ann was. If you Google Ann and Locks of Love, there is
no article and every link is someone who said they heard it somewhere. Has
anyone actually heard Anne say it on "Today" or anywhere else? I think this is
an Internet myth.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 10:36pm

Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

I don't think she was ever donating. There was supposedly an article over a
year ago that said she was. The article didn't actually quote Ann, but
someone who said Ann was. If you Google Ann and Locks of Love, there is
no article and every link is someone who said they heard it somewhere. Has
anyone actually heard Anne say it on "Today" or anywhere else? I think this is
an Internet myth.

There have been numerous "hearsay" kinda articles, but she did indeed state that she and her daughter were growing their hair to donate on one of those Lifetime "Intimate Portrait" bio shows last fall.  She also mentioned that her long hair was driving her nuts and Katie Couric said she looked like Pocahontas (sp?).

So, it has been confirmed by Ann herself, but where that plan stands at this point is anyone's guess.  I still say it was supposed to be back on Friday the 13th, but something prevented it...

JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 11:21pm
Pooh on them for scheduling it for an unlucky day!  Nobody in her right mind would have her hair done on Friday the 13th!  No wonder she chickened out!
More awesome than a manatee!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 11:59am
If she waits much longer it will just seem like a woman's normal cycle between long and short hair.
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 4:52pm
It actually does look like Ann had a light trim. But I look at it as if it's good news because this might mean than at Ann has changed her mine about Lol and decided to keep her long hair.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 7:26am
I did post this before it could have been something that was talked about but maybe someone looked in to LOL? Found out that what has been put out there about them? walked away from it?

I don't want this post to be used as anti-LOL post just something I was thinking from all the stuff posted about it in other posts.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 11:23am
 Why anyone is excited to see the hottest 49 year old in America transformed back to the old "boring" days is incomprehensible! (lol)  I still predict that Ann will NOT be cutting her hair appreciably for years. One can only imagine her upset e-mailers when she announced she'd be chopping it. (No, I wasn't among them. lol) Keep following Mom's sage advice, Ann! Blessings, Bob
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 1:40pm

I so agree with you, Bob. She has transformed her look. I often wonder if Ann would have been offered her gig on Dateline NBC if she hadn't looked so hot. Gord used to say Katie Couric had the hair transformation of the 21st Century. I believe Ann Curry has the most improved head of hair in the last year.

Here is today's photo update on gogomags:

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 1:50pm
I am a short hair lover, so take this with a grain of salt.  I think her hair looks alright early in the show but by the end starts looking bad.  My wife had the same thing.  When her hair was long and she curled it....it looked great for about an hour but soon went to lifeless. Side note, my wife wears her hair short now - me, happy camper.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2006 at 6:41pm
Nice pic I love it. Thanks for the post.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 8:23am

Well, so much for that.

Ann Curry confirmed what others have reported on this site: that she's only growing her hair to donate it to Locks of Love.

The conversation on Tuesday's "Today Show" turned to hair when Alexis Glick commented how beautiful an older woman (I'm paraphrasing) could look with long hair, using Ann as an example. Ann, sitting at the news desk, said she "hated" her hair and was only growing it to cut it and donate it to LoL. Katie Couric, who had her own new style going, countered by saying Ann did not hate her hair and it was beautiful. Katie said Ann's daughter had already cut her waistlength hair and donated it to LoL and that she credited Ann for also wanting to contribute to the charity. Ann noted that kids who had lost their hair and kids who would never be able to grow back their hair are the beneficiaries of LoL donations.

I was stunned; so much so that I didn't pay much attention to the rest of the conversation, which may have included Katie admitting she changed her own look and that she just wanted to have sex. I know the sex part was part of it, for sure.

Ann did not say when the haircut would happen or if it would happen on the air or what she was waiting for. I agree with the person who reported earlier that Ann's hair appeared to be trimmed. I wonder if LoL prefers all donated hair to be the same length.

Hearing all that, I won't be wasting much of my time praising the virtues of Ann Curry's hair, knowing for sure that it won't be there for long.

Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 9:09am
- I like Ann's hair shorter, but I gotta say, it looks really good in that
latest pic. Although it does seems to go lifeless by later in the
broadcast.

- Katie added some actual life to hers this morning with some - well,
they were kind of flips, almost loose curls, not quite either. I'm glad
Katie has broken out of her super-straight, one-length rut. But she has
this odd habit of trying to force more flattering styles onto her current
cut, which, without layers and bangs and a little volume, doesn't really
accept them, and so always has this halfway, experiemental look. Still,
with Katie I'm grateful for any change. If your goal is sex, Katie, then
cut the hair to match the 'do!
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic