Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Couric and Ann Curry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 9:45pm
I like hair and all, but I would be pretty creeped out if I were getting emails begging me not to cut it. I guess that is why I'm not on tv

It's hair guys. I'm not a loser if I like mine short, or grow it long. I'm not wearing it short to "conform" to what a grown woman should look out and I'm not growing it out because I think long hair is the only way to look feminine. I had cancer when I was a teenager, and oddly, the worst thing I could imagine was losing my hair. But, hey, if I'm alive, let it all fall out!

The only input I consider when deciding on a hairstyle and length comes from my husband--if it were some random guy I would definately be skeeved out!
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 11:41pm
When you're established on a network news program, they don't tell you how
to cut your hair or to grow it. They just don't want you to do something
weird. No one is telling Ann how she can cut it, just when. As for Katie, she's
probably leaving "Today" and NBC in May when her contract is up. The
producers have bigger things to worry about with her than her hair.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 7:41am
Now lets just say this little stunt works very well. Like a car crash. You know what's going to happen but you want to watch anyway. So lets say they get huge numbers for this. Do they do it again down the road? With another news person? We are talking about numbers for NBC. I could see this being done again.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 9:00am
Of course. Shows do makeover episodes all the time because people enjoy
watching them.
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 11:46am
Lol you are comparing a haircut to a car crash? Unless there is some scissor accident which renders the victim dead or disabled, I tend not to place the two events in the same category.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 12:17pm
Not to speak for Mike, but sometimes a car crash is unavoidable and you can't do anything about it. Thus, the comparison to Ann Curry's impending haircut. It's going to happen no matter how opposed some of us are to it.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 9:25pm
I was just useing it as an example. The rubber necking effect. Heck I'm one that dose take a look but won't stop like others have.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 12:14am
It's going to happen. let;s just make the best of it. hope she doesn't go real short.. Ann is always a vry beautiful woman and mother.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 1:50am

Considering they have to wait a year or two for hair to grow, I wouldn't count on it being a regular, recurring thing.  They're just taking ratings advantage of something Ann was gonna do, anyway. 

Which isn't to say they wouldn't take ratings advantage again if another anchor decided to do the same thing down the road, just that I don't think they'll be planning to make it an annual event.

Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

So lets say they get huge numbers for this. Do they do it again down the road? With another news person?

More awesome than a manatee!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 6:42am
Well that I was thinking waiting on another one from lets say MSNBC to do it? I can think of two that they might be thinking about.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 11:39am

I just found this on another site:

"Th latest on Ann Curry; AMAZING cascade of nearly waist-length curls! The bad news; she is rumored to be planning a chop on March 1st on the air to donate her hair to our old nemesis, LOL. Pic courtesy of the Yahoo! club anncurryfanclub....."

A response read:

"Too bad that is only a few days away. Sad It's a terrible tragedy when a woman cuts her incredible hair. "

For those wondering, yes, it was a long hair forum, but the photos may be the best I've seen yet.

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 2:04pm
Long hair fetishists can always put things in perspective. I always thought
terrible tragedies were when babies died, not when a woman cuts her hair. I
stand corrected.
lhairfan31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 2:30pm
    Lets just hope even if she cuts 10'' or more, she will still have a fairly decent length.  Not back to that dreaded pixie or bob.  Cmon Ann,  change your mind wednesday hun......lol
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 8:52pm
As someone else posted about it we can enjoy it while it lasts.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 12:23pm
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 12:33pm
Sounds ominous if Katie's cutting it!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 12:53pm

Rod, what's "tragic", IMO, is that that many of the women will be sacrificing something they treasure for nothing. It takes many years to cultivate exceptional locks, and to donate them to a sham charity is sorrowful indeed.

No, this is not on the level of children starving, but all the tears which will be shed are completely unnecessary. I think LoL (and now everyone at NBC affiliated with this circus, including Ann) are truly wretched people. Sincerely, Bob

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 1:34pm

Bob, are the people affiliated with the "circus" as you describe it, still wretched if they only grew their hair so they could cut it?  Meaning they would not have grown their hair long in the first place?  Also, what about those women who were looking for a good excuse to cut their hair?  Maybe some of them really want to cut it, and feel that this is as good excuse as any?  Maybe this is not a sacrifice, but a liberation for some.

Do you feel that any woman who cuts her hair is wretched, or just those who hope that someone may be helped by their donation? 

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 2:00pm
I wish I could belive in someone would be helped. If they are cutting for themselves hey go for it. But if they are getting con thinking this will go to someone then that's the sad part. The truth is out there where who knows I just hope one way or another this black mark can be lifted or shown as everyone thinks right now it's real. I guess we have to see.
94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 9:00pm
Well folks one more day of Ann with longgg hair. If you haven't yet you should read her commentary at MSNBC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic