Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

question about going blonde *pic*.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
anitan28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anitan28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question about going blonde *pic*.
    Posted: December 01 2005 at 5:02pm

hey i currently have brown hair with a chunk of blonde in front...i want to go all blonde..how would i go about doing this..i made an appt to go to my salon but ...what is the lightest i can achieve the first time?? i want my hair to eventually be amost platinum blonde. hereis apic of my hair rite now ....wut do u guys think

Edited by anitan28
haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 5:07pm
Wow I love your look. Great hair. I love light hair with dark eyes, I hate when girls say it doesn' work. be sure to show us when you go all blonde...
anitan28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anitan28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 5:10pm
thanks..i def. will.  hopefully i can lighten up atleats a lil the first visit.
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 9:14pm

Well first off I love your present color!  Second my hair is only two or threes shades darker than my present color, I am a medium to dark blonde naturally.  I dyed my hair platinum a few years ago, and it was a b*tch to upkeep.  Every 4 to 6 weeks max and I had to get my roots touched up.  It can get very pricey and a bit of a pain....just something to think about it.

Platinum would look great though!

anitan28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anitan28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Tinkerbelle Tinkerbelle wrote:

Well first off I love your present color!  Second my hair is only two or threes shades darker than my present color, I am a medium to dark blonde naturally.  I dyed my hair platinum a few years ago, and it was a b*tch to upkeep.  Every 4 to 6 weeks max and I had to get my roots touched up.  It can get very pricey and a bit of a pain....just something to think about it.

Platinum would look great though!

Thanks..i've had it for a year now so im kinda sick of it. i miss being a blonde and im ready for getting it done and 4-6 weeks..i get it done every 7-8 weeks now neways so kidna the same so im used to it by now.

haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 3:54pm
If only I could get my girl to do her hairs like yours is..I'd be a happy man:)
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2005 at 2:38am
I think your hair looks beautiful now and would also look great ALL blonde! I agree with Haman -- I've always LOVED the look of light hair and dark eyes -- it's one of the best combinations! I don't see any reason why you can't go 100% blonde the first time. I've done it before (only at the salon though). When I did it, the stylst just used permanent dye and my hair lifted to blonde. She also toned it. It really wasn't exactly what I wanted though (too yellow, I prefer platinum) -- she probably should have bleached. Now I just do a heavy bleach hi-light and I'm almost completely blonde. It's a lot easier than going 100% -- I just prefer not to go to the salon so often. I never get sick of it myself. Anyway, good luck! Post a pic when you do it!
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 8:06am

you look great :)

ARGHH
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 3:21pm
I hear it's just harder to keep up platnium specially if your not naturally blonde. I had a hard time keeping my golden color up and keeping it from going brassy, I had a soild blonde color (I naturally have black hair) I would go the same blonde maybe a tad lighter as your chunk you have, it looks really good. I'd go the same color as your chunk, just say I want it this color. :)
Good Luck. Rock on!

~* Bambi Lee *~
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 10:39pm
Bambilee, I've seen your pictures and I would NEVER have known you weren't a natural blonde! Somewhere on here, I recall you saying something about your hair being "darker" but I thought, if anything, a light brown. Wow! Black? Amazing. You wear the blonde well!
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 3:03pm
Thank you Alayney,  having such dark hair just make's it harder to keep the blonde and it goes brassier way faster too I think.  Anywhoo,t ahnk you, I love my blonde. YAY!
~* Bambi Lee *~
anitan28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anitan28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 1:32pm

hey guys heres me in the process of going light blonde...my first visit to the salon.

haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 4:50pm
oh my, you look absolutely stunning! I love it on you..
anitan28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anitan28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 5:24pm

Originally posted by haman haman wrote:

oh my, you look absolutely stunning! I love it on you..

thank you.

Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 8:10pm
Lookin' good! Are you going platinum right? Have fun.;) Be careful too! 
~* Bambi Lee *~
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 8:43pm
That looks great! It looked great before as well, but the sylist did a great job!  Just be sure to take really good care of your hair. It will be alot dryer, the blonder you get. Also, I had to get a decent amount trimmed off of mine because the ends got pretty dry. I got sick of the upkeep and went dark again, and though it is nice not to have roots, I'm not as happy as I would be with either blonde, or my natural dark brown. I feel like my hair just looks dyed right now, but the condition is great and the color blends perfectly with my roots. I also had to chop off alot of hair. So now I am growing it and getting back to healthy natural hair. I'm sure I will eventually start with the blonde highlights again, until I am all blonde, but for now a change is good. I love yours though. Is you natural color dark brown? The condition still looks good too. Mine started getting frizzy, so I stopped bleaching. 
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 12:43am

I like it Anitan. Looks really good. So how many trips to the salon before it's the way you want it? I didn't realize it would take more than one. Is it because your hair is long or what? I've been searching for the right color and the right color-ist/stylist for YEARS and everybody that comes on here and posts looks great. I'd be happy if my hair turned out as nice as you alls!   Sigh ...

Anitan -- So did you show your styilst pictures? What did you tell her? Even when I show them pictures they don't get it right! I'm at my wit's end ... trying to learn how to do it myself!

anitan28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anitan28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 2:58am

thanks guys...well i showed a pic of jessica simpson and a model for a guess ad i see in magazine ..and i am going gradually so it doesnt break off or  anything..my next visit is beginning of next month..and each time i go i trim my hair..last time i trimmed an inch off the bottong longest layer..and thistime i mgooing to trim an inch off the top layers..i would love to have my hair this color eventually..u guys think its possible from my color rite now i nthe pic ?

KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 8:18am

Yes, it's totally possible! I love that you are taking your time and doing it gradually.....that's so smart.

anitan28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anitan28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by KellyH KellyH wrote:

Yes, it's totally possible! I love that you are taking your time and doing it gradually.....that's so smart.

thanks!! ya  no point in having blond hair if its fried...i love your hair color!   i always trim my hair when i do it too so  i can atleats have halfway healthy hair. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic