Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crazy 1 1/2 yr. old hair--HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WendyNAlyssa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WendyNAlyssa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crazy 1 1/2 yr. old hair--HELP!!
    Posted: December 06 2005 at 12:22pm
My daughter is almost 1.5 years old and is in despirate need of a hair style. Her hair is thin and straight and it almost looks like she has a mullet that has grown a little over her ears. The back is also a little above the sholders. I would like to grow it out but it is in this awkward stage where it just looks horrible! I am not sure if I should take her to a professional because I don't think she would stay still. But if the sides were cut that would defeat the whole purpose of growing it out. If anybody can give me some advice on a cut or style I would really appreciate it!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 12:15pm
I know what you mean about being fearful about having your daughter's hair cut at a salon. I feel the same way, my daughter will be 18 mths in a few weeks and I have nightmares of her getting her eye poked out with scizzors.

I've been cutting my daughter's hair since she was 4 mths old, I am fortunate that she's got a ton of it. I've seen lots of toddlers w/hair like your daughter's. I would recommend that you trim the longer hair, if you can, maybe just try to make it more even all around. That won't actually thicken it but it will look a whole lot better while it's growing. Before you know it, her hair will start filling out where it needs to and her hair will look super. Probably by summer!

I researched "kiddie only" salons, and will likely get Emily to one before her 2nd birthday. There's a chain near here called "Kiddie Kutz" or something like that. That would be another option for you. Good luck!
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic