Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBlack Males Under Attack!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Males Under Attack!!!
    Posted: December 27 2005 at 4:16pm

"The African American family is in danger and so is our African culture. The Black Male is under attack from all directions, with the media and all the negative images of us, the belief systems of our young sisters and our selves, our mothers unprepairedness for rearing boys to men, our fathers dead or going to jail leaving us males to fend for our selves."

"Remember men, too much mothering is bad for you". There's a trend of emasculation (the destruction of manhood) in our community. We need to pump the brakes and check ourselves and our belief system. We have need to ask ourselves why are we being disrespected and why or we disrespecting each other. Be aware that what goes into our minds will come out in our actions toward our own seeds (children)."

Edited by BIGGMike
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by The Man The Man wrote:

dat is deep u gotaa be a rev
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 4:23pm
 Naw, I just read books without somebody making me do it. I choose to seek the "Truth" and not let it be told to me by somebody else that does not have my best interest at heart.

The truth is not mentioned in public schools or at home anymore so we have to actively seek it on our own.

African American Males are truely being attacked. The way you respond to this speak volumes about your morals and values.

Ask yourself these questions:

1. Do I know my African Culture?

2. Am I proud of my African Culture?

3. How do I express my African Culture?

4. Did my father teach me anything about being a MAN?

5. Can my mother teach me how to be a MAN?

6. What's the difference between my mother teaching me how to be a MAN and my father teaching me how to be a MAN?

7. Am I taking the place of my father as my mother's husband?

8. Am I Moma's little man or am I my own MAN?

Wake up MEN, Step up MEN, Speak up MEN, or be your mother's little man!

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 4:25pm

The answer to the last question is, I am my own man and my mother is a woman not a MAN?

She has been socialized to think, act, and recieve help from society as a female. So no, I am not my mother's husband. I am my own MAN and when I become a MAN I can only use 50% of what my mother has taught me, the other 50% will have to come from a MAN who has lived as a MAN in this society.

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 4:42pm

I know the brothers see how we are being put down by our own. They have a greater advantage over us with all the role models and laws design to help and protect them while we are left to learn everything on our own.

Mother loves us but teaches our sisters. Mother protect our sisters but allow us to learn things the hard way. Mother is aware of certain legal issue down town at the court house but for some reason she don't talk about it with us males she talk about it with our sisters. For some reason mom feel that just feeding us and putting a pair of jeans and a t-shirt on us is enough for us to survive in this wicked world. She thinks she's doing a good job at being a father but does not understand that she can't teach us everything that a man knows because she is a female living in a Mans world.

lilkeke918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkeke918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 11:18pm
You should check out all gods children. It's an interesting book
Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 1:55pm

Already!

I'll check it out.

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 2:45pm

God said "Love thou neighbor" and he also said "Do unto other as you would have them to do unto You".

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 2:45pm

Malcolm X said "If they put their hands on you, send them to the grave".

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 3:31pm

MLK said hold hands and sing we shall over come.

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 3:31pm

Well, we have not over came yet. WHY?

Somebody selling out somebody else. Somebody in the HOUSE talking down on those in the FIELD. So we have a HOUSE and a FIELD. Somebody need to wake up and see destruction and exploitation for what it is. Is skin bleach and fake hair gonna change how your people are disrespected and your MEN being imprisoned? Is walking around with your pants hanging off of your butt with a blunt in your mouth going to make things better for your future and your children?

Which one are you, House, Field or just plain lost?

Edited by BIGGMike
lilkeke918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkeke918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 5:27am

Neither one is good thought. On one hand u tha House who think he’s better & smarter uppity cuz he not sweatin as much as Field. He's workin hard so he dont become the Field. On the other u got tha Field humble & hard workin just tryin 2 come up. Tha Field wants to be the House so he works harder, but no matter what they do Field or House it all benefits Master. So the question is are u the Master. We as a people should focus on becoming our own master. Only then shall we overcome.

Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 10:42am

My father and mother reared me going to church. In my youth I was taught to respect and honor God children. Now that I am an adult African American male, I see that Gods Children don't respect and honor me. I'm college educated, married, the proud father of two children and I am an honorable person. Why are my brothers being attacked by their own people. It was my own people who help catch Africans of other tribes and sell them as slaves to WHO?

On the eve of New Years, I want change. I want these House people to wake up. You are hurting your own. Why do you try so hard to be accepted in the House? Why not have your own House where there is a great African Queen who is due all respect and a great African King who is of honor and pride.  Sounds stupid?

Ask yourself why does it sound stupid to YOU?

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 11:02am

What about this?

"Let's sell out our MEN so they can be the slaves of the oppressors"!

"Let's rear our children without fathers so they will be without His-story"!

"Let's totally emasculate our sons by sufficating them with radical feminism so they will be USELESS as husbans, fathers, and MEN"!

That sounds right, huh?

That makes sense.......... don't it?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic