Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDark Skin Brothers Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 10:37am

BrownEyez2 thank you, I needed that.

I'm use to being constantly marginalized and what's really sad is, I'm my worst critic. I'm harder on myself than anyone can every be.

One thing I have learn, No matter what I do, it's never a enough for people who don't know me. So ignore them and keep doing me.  

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
300 degreez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300 degreez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 11:16pm
im dark skined and i have very good hair but that probaly cause im mixed with domincan and indian but mostly black and women or girls they dont always like all light skin people cause im only 13 and everywhere i go some older woman either staring at me sometime when i in the mall some older will even aproach me until they findout my age but if they younger then 17 then we would date but not know cause i got a wifey 300
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 11:03am

Originally posted by 300 degreez 300 degreez wrote:

im dark skined and i have very good hair but that probaly cause im mixed with domincan and indian but mostly black and women or girls they dont always like all light skin people cause im only 13 and everywhere i go some older woman either staring at me sometime when i in the mall some older will even aproach me until they findout my age but if they younger then 17 then we would date but not know cause i got a wifey 300

I don't understand a word you just said Can we get some punctuation please?

Nah, but seriously...what's up with the good hair/bad hair stuff?  What is good hair?  Black people really need to back up off this kind of labeling for real.  We don't need to give it any credence at all  None.  Saying "Yeah, I have good hair" is only feeding into the lie.  Good hair, is HEALTHY hair of any type--its not good simply b/c the curl texture is looser or whatever.  I know you are only 13, but dude its time to drop that mess. 

When people say that my son or daughter have that "good hair" I cringe and say, Yes, they have healthy hair.  It is our own people that do it.  Nobody else.  I don't hear white or any other race of people saying-- yeah she has good hair!  It really shows the level of understanding and maturity the person has making comments like that.  It really is ignorance.  I'm sorry to go on and on, but this issue seriously bothers me.

300 degreez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300 degreez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 2:32pm
SORRY WHAT IM SAYING IS WHAT EVER THEY CONSIDER GOOD HAIR YOU DONT HAVE TO BE LIGHTSKIN TOO HAVE IT AND SOMEBODY SAID SOMETHING ABOUT GIRLS ARE LIKE LIGHTSKIN MEN BETTER AND THATS NOT TRUE I WAS JUST GIVING AN EXAMPLE SHOULD HAVE MADE IT MORE CLEAR I APOGIZE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 2:55pm
nahhh, thats cool I think I've been on the boards a lil too long today-- I'm snappin' at  people and stuff
lilkeke918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkeke918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 3:35pm

I have the same prob as BIGGMIKE I'm 6'0 235 athletic build, I get all kinds of honors and I am very active in the community. Yet when I walk down the street women grab their purses, and I get followed a lot in stores. It's also very hard for me to get a job. Me & a few friends who are white did this thing where we went to different places and submitted job applications. I would usually turn mines in 10 mins earlier than they would and places would say they were full and when one of my friends gave them their applications they would call them in for an interview the next day.

Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by lilkeke918 lilkeke918 wrote:

I have the same prob as BIGGMIKE I'm 6'0 235 athletic build, I get all kinds of honors and I am very active in the community. Yet when I walk down the street women grab their purses, and I get followed a lot in stores. It's also very hard for me to get a job. Me & a few friends who are white did this thing where we went to different places and submitted job applications. I would usually turn mines in 10 mins earlier than they would and places would say they were full and when one of my friends gave them their applications they would call them in for an interview the next day.

People want to know why I make these topics. ^^^^^ This is why!

Brother I go through the same thing. People be tripping with a Black Man about everything. They have a problem with our clothes, how our NATURAL hair is, how we express ourselves, and how strong and smart we are.

Then they don't want to give us a JOB because we are not friendly looking or White enough for THEM. I guess they want us to stop being a Black MAN and start Bleaching our skin and wearing fake white people's hair or something. It's crazy man. When is the madness gonna stop, when we get tired and start a CIVIL WAR IN AMERICA!

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 5:13pm

Peace out man, I get very upset with these issue. I'm sure you know that by now.

I'm just tired of all the unanswered questions, all the selling out, and all the weak people who are in leadership positions doing NOTHING BUT COLLECTING CHECKS AND WALKING AWAY. I'M ALMOST ABOUT TO LEAVE ALL THIS FOOLISHNESS ALONE CAUSE PEOPLE LOST AROUND THIS PLACE. 4REAL!

PRIDE? WHAT'S PRIDE? It's only a few with real pride.

I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP ON MY OWN LOST PEOPLE. I'M REALLY SICK OF THESE MINDLESS IDIOTS WHO CAN ONLY THINK ABOUT THEIR OWN SORRY HIDE. THEY CAN'T STAND TO CARE ABOUT A BLACK MAN, NAW THAT'S TOO MUCH TO ASK. TOO MUCH SLAVE MENTALITY AROUND HERE TO SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE. WEAK MINDED!

Edited by BIGGMike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 6:58pm

Well Biggmike if you really believe in the cause then you can't give up man!  I mean I might not agree with everything you say, but your level of social consciousness is admirable.  People don't care like you do anymore-- they don't  question or challenge the status quo.  They don't bring pertinent issues to the table anymore.  Your approach may be a little more in your face than some like, but your opinions deserve to be heard.  Someone may benefit from something you say-- you never know  It may cause them challenge their own beliefs or hold even more steadfast to them.  Either way, you want them engaged.

Just think if Martin Luther King and Malcolm X said...forget this these people are lost.  They don't want to hear what I have to say.  They are okay with "separate but equal"  they don't mind if they have to use "colored only" sinks.  I'm being locked up for trying to give them a voice they don't want to have and are not trying to hear.  I organized this rally and only 30 black men and women showed up.  They don't care. 

They could have easily given in, but they believed in their respective causes and did so until their deaths.  Don't give up.

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 7:52pm

Sister, you don't know the hell I catch for even caring about a Black MAN. I got women sending me mail talking about they hurt.

Oh, well! STOP SELLING OUT!

How many Black MEN do think have been hurt for just trying to get a JOB and try to be the MAN that their father and mother raised them to be? It hurts when you know you have the education and skills, but you are not the RIGHT COLOR OR GENDER?

How many Black MEN did the State of Texas kill this year? 13 Black Men have been executed this year in Huntsville, Texas. That HURTS!

How many Black MEN are drinking themselve to DEATH right now because no one CARES! That HURT!

How do you think it feels when YOUR OWN PEOPLE CONSTANTLY PUT YOU DOWN IN THE MEDIA, OUT IN PUBLIC, IN WHITE CORPORATE AMERICA and everywhere else? THAT HURTS!

I'm sick of this foolishness!

I WISH SOMEBODY WOULD START A CIVIL WAR CAUSE I WOULD BE RIGHT THERE ON THE FRONT LINES. PEOPLE TALK TOO MUCH AND DON'T DO ANYTHING. I'M NOT A TALKER, I'M A DO'ER!

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 8:01pm

Look at what I deal with on the 360 waves site....

Some idot over there tripping because I'm leaning on white people for discrimination and bringing up the truth about things. This one cat, who claims to be a brother got this in every post he make. MINDLESS BOYS ARE BEING RAISED.  

I GOT MACHISMO!!!!!
THA ONLY FATMAN IN PG SPINNIN'
Spinnin' since '03

allenglishboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenglishboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 8:54pm

is it just me or has this topic gone really off topic. It just seems like people venting their feelings.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 12:07am
well thats probably b/c its a deeply emotional issue that goes much deeper than hair.  Much deeper.
lilkeke918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkeke918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 1:25am

Naw it had a lot 2 do with hair and I just want to see if i get dif looks with waves n a clean cut. I did have braids that went down 2 my chest

Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds
allenglishboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenglishboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Sistaslick Sistaslick wrote:

Originally posted by 300 degreez 300 degreez wrote:

I don't understand a word you just said Can we get some punctuation please?

Nah, but seriously...what's up with the good hair/bad hair stuff?  What is good hair?  Black people really need to back up off this kind of labeling for real.  We don't need to give it any credence at all  None.  Saying "Yeah, I have good hair" is only feeding into the lie.  Good hair, is HEALTHY hair of any type--its not good simply b/c the curl texture is looser or whatever.  I know you are only 13, but dude its time to drop that mess. 

When people say that my son or daughter have that "good hair" I cringe and say, Yes, they have healthy hair.  It is our own people that do it.  Nobody else.  I don't hear white or any other race of people saying-- yeah she has good hair!  It really shows the level of understanding and maturity the person has making comments like that.  It really is ignorance.  I'm sorry to go on and on, but this issue seriously bothers me.

I totally agree with everything you said in this post. Its Funny when you go in the waves 360board and you hear them talking about how they have "good hair". It really makes people who say stuff like this , sound very ignorant.

BIGGMIKE could you explain what your issue with that guys signature is? I have asssumptions but id rather hear what you have to say

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic