Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Badly chemically damaged hair.What to do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MarthaX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarthaX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Badly chemically damaged hair.What to do?
    Posted: December 28 2005 at 10:15pm
I have lightened out the BLACK that my hair once was with Logics
ligthener cream, 20v, and powder equally mixed.

My problem is that while my hair is WET it feels spongy and very much
like an elastic.
When it is dry, it seems tougher.

What can I do to fix this? What is the best way to go about conditioning?

Plus, I have not yet applied the hair dye! I am using semi-permanent
brown/dark blonde from Attitudes, also by Logics (Matrix)

Does it matter when I go and condition my hair, or should I do it after I've
dyed it so the dye is in my hair?

Also, how reliable is mayonaise? I've heard and looked up that this is the
best way to deep condition hair as you warm it up, and rinse it out in cold
water to close in the moisture into the strands of hair.
Is that reliable?
jjolove187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjolove187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 3:24am
Condition before & after coloring with a protein conditioner then follow up with a moisturizing conditioner or spray. This will protect your hair from breakage and keep it smooth. Mayonnaise is a good protein conditioner but I personally hate the smell of it.
jarmila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarmila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 5:20pm

Yeah, I believe your hair is already gone. Your protein is denatured and you have no other option but to grow it out. Protein conditions wont do anything for your hair anymore. Your hair's protein dna, is gone with the change of pH you gave it with the oxygen peroxide

Sure conditioners will help the appereance of it, but under that coating, is still the same old burned out hair. Dont worry, hair grows fast. I would do in those cases, since the hair is already to damaged, is use the 'japanese perm' or 'ionic hair straightner', it costs like $100 and lasts until ur hair grows out. This will prevent your ends to continiously keep splitting; so that you new hair will be healthy.... besides the perm makes ur hair look way better. You should be brand new withing  4 hours, and hair will grow healthy. You can also highlight your hair and do watever else you want before the perm.Make sure is the ionic perm though; is the one that only works forever, till new hair grows out

jarmila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarmila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 5:28pm

Before you perm your hair....

If you feel  is not bad enough and there is hope...... try cutting 2 inches of it; and see how it feels.... moisturise it with oils ; do a mask of virgin oil. If it doesnt react by the 3rd week, then do the perm.... could you send me a pic of your hair, maybe is not as bad as you think

babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 10:08pm
i think your drying out your hair to much with all this coloring you need to get the texture and proteins back before you recolor again so work  on health before color. You can use some oil to resoften your hair and leave in conditioners.
Babycheeks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic