Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eye shadow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eye shadow
    Posted: January 03 2006 at 12:24pm

I've always worn brown eye shadow. I'm getting tired of the browns. I also am running out and need to get something new. I have brown hair and hazel eyes. I wear contacts that will sometimes make my eyes browner (hard contacts tinted brown). What colors can I wear?

Also I have never worn blush what color should I wear? My sister thinks I should skip the blush and try some bronzer instead. I dunno!!!

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 12:39pm

I think I'd go with a  light rose blush. Wear eye shadows to match your outfits. Not your eyes. Good luck.

Sunduster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 2:09pm
Oh, really? I always thought you picked eye shadow based on your eye color. I'll just go look and see what I like. I will probably pick something that is earth tone. I always find myself drawn toward the green and brown.

I have tried a light rose before. That is the same color that swore me off blush for awhile. It was too pink for my face!

BTW, fixed the picture to show off my real skin tone....LOL! Completely different picture.

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 4:09pm

I'm a brunette. My blush is like a wine rose but light. My eyes are hazel. Always wear my eye shadows to match my outfits.You just need the right shades for your pigment. Here's a tip. Wear blue eye shadow and your teeth will look whiter. Good luck.

Sunduster

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 4:13pm

No offense, but I don't like your shadow. Not right for your pigment. It's tooooooo grey doesn't match your hair. Your need a brown. You have very nice facial features to.

Sunduster

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 4:38pm

I even wear three eye shadows when I go out for an evening. Very dramatic and gorgeous. Where are you located?

Sunduster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 10:00pm

Country Woods 215 by CoverGirl. You can really tell which one gets used most....it is a little grey yeah (the main one I use). No offense taken because hey I'm asking for advice. I usually use the three to the left when I do my eyes most the time...if I'm in a hurry I usually just stick some color on the eyelid and run. It's getting annoying because when I first picked them out I wanted something very subtle and for the most part I might as not wear any.

So I should try something more brown and less grey.
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 11:48pm
Have you tried the Almay Intense I-color?  It's supposed to be specially-designed to make your eyes more intense.  I wanna try it, myself, but they don't seem to have a kit for the blue-grey-green hazel I have :-( .
More awesome than a manatee!
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 11:52pm

Yes on your eyes. Also try forest green, apricot, plum. purples. I use these colors. Also don't go brighter with the shadows than your eyes. I like to use blues and lavenders as an accent. But that is my preference. I can also use brown and black eye liner. Where do you live? I'm in Florida.

Sunduster

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 11:59pm

This is what I like to do. I put Light all over the eye, medium in the crease, and dark at outer corners. I also put more mascara on the outer corners to open the eye and make it pop. This is a pretty look. But I like to be different any way.

Sunduster

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 12:07am

Sorry it's late here. I didn't mean your eye shadow I didn't like. I meant your eye brows. Too grey. You need a brown to go with your hair kiddo. You have nice facial features like me. Show them off. O.K. I may be a little conceited. But I know what I like, and what gets compliments. Going to bed good night.

Sunduster

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 12:26am

Was just a thinking. Taupe eye brow pencil is a good color for us. It's one of my favorites. But remember to go darker in the center of the brow. If you have any gaps start here, and go out in both directions. The closer to the ends you get it will appear lighter. You want the eye to jump.  O.k. no more thinking. 

Sunduster

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 10:51am
I have to say I've never seen colorful blush look good on anyone, especially when people wear bright reds, pinks or dark purples.  It has always looked clownish and ridiculous to me and people usually look much better without (that's my own personal opinion of course, I'm sure not everyone agrees). Maybe like your sister says, something bronze/brownish would be plenty. 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 11:09am
Then they don't apply it right. I'm a brunette and I love these shades.
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 11:18am

Oh you don't need a lot, or even heavy. Just a light application will due nicely. The purles keep light. Like a lilac. I also like Aquamarine seafoam. Another light shade. But remember nothing loud. I do use the forest green. This is a little darker. The way I do it is, if I wear dark clothing I wear lighter shades of shadows. Or vise - versa.

Sunduster

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 1:49pm

Possibly not.  The times I thought it looked kind of silly, there was a lot of it all over the place.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
NaturalBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 3:08pm

I have heard that you should get a blush that matches the color of your cheeks when you are flushed or after you have worked out then the color will look natural.  I also have heard that blush is one of those steps you should never eliminate becasue it gives a quick pop to the face ( I never wear blush though).  I love to wear colors that match my outfit or when I dont know whaT I am going to wear I match my eyes.  I have read that a good brow is the best way to make your eyes and face look good and I believe it.

there is a mineral makeup website called www.Twistedfayte.com the owner is so helpful with color questions and they are not too expensive and very versitile there are soo many colors and they are all beautiful.

let your beauty be natural!!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 11:51pm

When I get flushed, my whole face turns bright red -_-; .  I flush very easily, too, often all the way to my ears -_-;; .  So, yeah, somehow I don't think matching my flush will be a good idea.

I don't really need blush, since my cheeks are naturally very pink already.  It shows through any foundation I might put on, too, especially since they've started making them more sheer.

If your cheeks aren't very pink, though, or if putting on foundation takes all the rosiness out, you probably should use blush.

More awesome than a manatee!
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2006 at 9:24pm

It is a fashion rule of not to match your eyeshadow with your outfit or eye color. You should do contrasting colors to make them pop. I have blue-grey eyes, so when I do wear eyeshadow I use the same exact eyeshadow as you,  Country Woods by Covergirl. Since the browns constrast with my blue eyes.

Dark eyes look good in grays, blues, purples and greens.

At the website http://www.covergirl.com/register.jhtml;jsessionid=L4PVJLZUD SAGBQFIAJ13OCQ?success_page=/tips/eyetips/shadow_salon/utili ty.jhtml&cm=hd_shadowsalon&r=000600&_requestid=1 999373

You can play with eyeshadows to get an idea of what it will look like on you.

Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 4:49pm
The way I determine what shade of blush I need. I stand on the floor. Feet apart. Bend my head down. Hands on my knees.Then count to 25 or 30. Depends on how long I can stand. Then lift my head back up. Go to the mirror and look good at my face. That is the color blush you will need. Will blend nicely into your undertones. Works every time for me. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic