Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Do You Style This Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
the_katiekat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_katiekat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Do You Style This Hair?
    Posted: January 05 2006 at 1:46am
I am growing out my hair back to its long-hair glory. I got tired of the one-length bob I had so I cut it to this:

(OMG That's actually me!)

Now that hair's straight from the salon which is why it looks good. For some odd reason, I have a difficult time restyling my hair that way.

Are there any other alternate styles that I can wear this hairstyle in? I was thinkign of going for something "choppy" and "flippy". I'm so gimpy in the ways of styling my own hair, that I wouldn't mind some detailed instructions, if possible. :)

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 2:11pm
Probably a pic of you when you style it would be more helpful, but this style has many options (of which you mentioned).  Also matters how much effort you want to put into it.
the_katiekat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_katiekat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 7:26pm
I'm a very low maintenance girl (sadly). I don't take too long to do it.

I wouldn't mind taking longer for special occasions though.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 8:45pm

Go back to whoever cut and styled your hair.  Explain to them that you are having difficulty recreating the style.  They will coach you.

It looks great by the way.

Edited by HAWG
HAWG
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 7:11am
can you post a pic of your everyday look?
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 6:23pm

You are gorgeous. You look adorable in a bob style like that.

You would look good in long hair as well.

You would look even better in a short adorable pixie hairstyle. You have the lovely feminine features to wear ultra-short hair.

Brent
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 12:25am

You look very pretty ^_^ .  You could probably experiment with a blowdryer and round brush to make it flippy, or styling products to help give it texture.

If you go back to the stylist to get help with doing the style they sent you home with, maybe you can ask for recommendations for alternate styles, too.

On days you feel low-maintenance, you can just pop in some clippies or a headband, or any number/arrangement of little braids or ponytails ^_^ .  A good collection of hair accessories is one of the keys to not getting bored.  *nods wisely*

More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic