Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

~Recommend Your Favourite Hair Products~

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Blondie1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ~Recommend Your Favourite Hair Products~
    Posted: January 07 2006 at 5:16pm

When I posted my other post this evening (raving about my new Ecru Shampoo), it made me think to start this post as well.

I was hoping we could get everyone who is really impressed with any particular haircare products to recommend them to everyone through this thread.  That way, the rest of us can get some new recommendations with honest reviews from people who have tried the products.  ~Or else maybe there is a product someone has been wanting to try, but isn't sure whether it is worth spending the money on until they hear your recomendation. 

I guess because this is posted in the 'Hair Color' Forum, hopefully we can get some recomendations for hair care products that are specifically for colored treated hair ~ 

I am personally hoping you all wouldn't mind recommending your favourite products that are great for~

a) bleached blonde hair;  

b) chemically processed hair (by the bleach);

c) hydrating/moisturizing pruducts and

d)volumizing products;

We love it if you recommend any hair care products that you think are impressive~ shampoo; conditioner; hair treatments/ reconstructors; volumizers; hair spray/ holding spray; shine serums or sprays~ anything y'all use on your hair to make it look and feel great!

Thanks~ Can't wait to see what everyone recommends!

Taunya

(edited for spelling)

Edited by Blondie1972
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 3:13pm
Good idea!

Recently I've been usuing products from the Lee Stafford range - the Colour Love shampoo & conditioner, Poker Straight Flat Iron Protection Mist and Poker Straight Glistening Straightening Balm.  All the Lee Stafford products I've tried work beautifully and have a very distinct, gorgeous scent.  Smells a bit like Thierry Mugler's Angel perfume.

Also, because I dye my hair and it's a bit dry, I started using Osmo Essence Intensive Deep Repair Mask, which smells like vanilla and almond and has the consistency of double whipped cream - mmmmm.  It is wonderful for damaged hair.

And finally, I also use Fudge Dynamite on occasions when my hair needs a bit of repair.  Fudge Dynamite is a conditioner but works as a moisturising protein treatment and is widely available online.  It really does strengthen the hair and bring back that natural elasticity.

I don't know about everywhere else, but these products are widely available in the UK, except Osmo Essence, which is a salon range...but you can get it easily on Ebay all the time.  And more importantly, they do not break the bank.  Each product ranges from £5-£12, not much at all for a bit of hair TLC!

Edited by aubergine

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 6:01pm

Oh, I have to find that Osmo Essence!  It sounds divine!

....  And anything that is good for gair that has the Thierry Mulger scent~ wow!  I will see if they have a site and can tell me any salons that I can get to that sell it.  And yes~ there's always eBay~ I just hate having to wait!  LOL

Thanks!

Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 9:54pm

It's not often that I find a product that I'll stick with but there are two that I like and have bought more than once. One is John Frieda's Sheer Blonde "Spotlight." It's a detangler, defrizzer, and shine enhancer. It REALLY DOES add shine to my hair, which is hard to get for a blonde. NOTE: You do not need to be blonde to use this product. The other product I like is L'anza's Leave-In Protector. It's a leave in (protein) conditoner (obviously ). I mix it with the spotlight.

You've piqued my curiosity with the Ecru. I'll keep my eyes open for it on eBay. It's a little more than I'm willing to pay for that size bottle of shampoo ... but you make it sound so wonderful!  Also, that vanilla/almond conditioner sounds intriguing also. I have this purple condioner by Davines (salon product) -- it smells like butter cream. YUM!

Edited by Alayney
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 8:26am
Hi again,

I've been looking round for the best L'anza products but didn't know what to go for, so thanks for your recommendation Alayney.

I've just been browsing and discovered the Lee Stafford, Osmo Essence and Fudge products are all actually UK products...but you can get these in Dollars etc on Ebay...but you will have to wait for shipment.

For once I have something you Americans/Canadians/Others don't !!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 5:37pm

Aubergine~ I know!  I can SOOO relate:) 

I go through that too, being here in Canada.  I see so many products I want to try and then find that they cannot be purchased here in Canada.  ~Or else they do not ship to Canada!  Ugh!  Frustrating. 

I do have two close girlfriends in London, England who have me ship specific things over to them that they cannot get in the UK.  Clothes, haircare products and cosmetics.  Things they really want or love using and can't get them anywhere in the UK.  Either that, or they are so overpriced due to importing costs and demand, that it is cheaper for them to get me to buy them a few of each product, package them up and ship them overseas. Even with shipping costs, it often still works out less expensive. 

Edited by Blondie1972
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 7:46pm
Matrix color smart intensive masque

This product is great for a deep condition every 2 weeks or to repair over-processed locks.
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 9:04pm

Okay, here's what I use for my ultra fine, medium, straight hair!

I think the most important thing that I do is to not change colors, ie. from dark to light. I pretty much stick to the same color. I've been using a level 8 ash (Moongold--Clairol) with 30 vol. to touch up just my roots as they come in. I never pull the color through. I add some highlights with a streaking cap using L'Oreal Excellence Creme Lights, maybe three times a year, I only bleach those highlights to a light gold. My hair is a warm level 6.5, Lightest Golden Brown color, and it seems whatever I do I get GOLD. My hair seems to lift quite easily as well.

I maintain my hair with Suave daily Clarifying shampoo and Pantene Full and Thick Conditioner mixed half and half with Pantene Blonde Expressions (Plat to Sand Dune ). I only shampoo and condition maybe twice a week. In between shampoos I use John Frieda Sheer Blonde Balm to smooth the ends down a bit. After I shampoo and condition I use John Freida Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Extra Strength, just on the ends. I rarely blow dry or use a curling iron on my hair. I only use a wide tooth comb to brush my hair, and once it's styled I don't brush it or fuss with it the rest of the day.

My hair is pretty dry but as long as I keep it conditioned it seems to be pretty healthy.

To tone my hair I use Schwarzkopf Igora Conditioning Color Mousse (It's a 20 min. toning mousse). I have found that this product is a bit drying for my particular hair so I usually condition my hair after I tone with it. Also, I only use this product maybe twice a month. It helps to refresh my hair as it tends to get a bit brassy looking after a few weeks of coloring my roots. I use this product at 2 and 4 weeks after coloring my roots.

Products:  Schwarzkopf Igora Conditioning Color Mousse, John Freida Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Extra Strength, John Frieda Sheer Blonde Balm, Suave daily Clarifying shampoo,  Pantene Full and Thick Conditioner, Pantene Blonde Expressions (Plat to Sand Dune), Clairol color moongold, with L'Oreal Excellence Creme Lights highlighting Kit.   

Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 9:25pm

Blondie I am from Canada too! Neat!

I love REDKEN cool moisture.  It moistures my hair great...without making it to heavy or greasy.

I love Redken gloss spray vinyl it makes my hair so shiny!

I love Redken hot set hair spray...I use hot rollers lots and it makes wonderful curls!!!!

I love KMS Silker too

Trixie29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 5:31pm

I've used Pureology hydrating shampoo and conditioner after blonde highlights and it really helped my hair's dry condition. Also Kenra Silkening Gloss smells great and can be used before and after blowdrying. Just don't use a lot or you'll have weighed down greasy head!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic