Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMedicine Men work for da Man

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dem504waves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dem504waves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medicine Men work for da Man
    Posted: January 19 2005 at 3:07pm
I know this might be obvious but I think
I should just go ahead and say it. Drug
Dealers work for the white man all the time.
They are just helping the white man poisin
our people. As Black Men I think that one
of these days we should take a stand and
educate our people on this subject not only
are we harming ourselves when we take
drugs but we are also harming our children
and our children's children. Im telling yall
the white man is just waiting on us to kill
ourselves and bring ourselves to a weakness
that they may enslave us again. To prevent
this I believe that we will have to take a
stand someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So holla if ya hear me.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jasonkiddwannab
Its Ya boy Dem504waves aka 504HotBoy4Life
Cant nobody do it like us in the N.O.

Cardinal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cardinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 3:13pm
i understand wut u sayin but...i'm jus kinda.....u know...i don't wanna say lost, and i don't wanna say confused...but i'm "U know?"
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 3:21pm
This is nothing new. There are multiple programs to educate people about drugs and what it does to the community. As adults, we choose to take in the infomation that we want to hear and do not want to hear.

So what kind of stand are you going to take that many others haven't done?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Dem504waves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dem504waves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 3:28pm
I dont know yet but im not gonna be one of those people that just sits around and complains about his community and does nothing about it.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jasonkiddwannab
Its Ya boy Dem504waves aka 504HotBoy4Life
Cant nobody do it like us in the N.O.

G_LOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_LOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 3:39pm
Everything that you are saying is true, people have that street mentality like I use to have, and its hard to get out of it. But I wasn't always so gangsta like this, its just that they dont want to give blacks a fair chance in white america, they barely even want to hire us all like that you know. And you got to make money some way but one thing that I learned is that its better to work legally than illegally. But I'm getting my life together, I dont have a criminal record, and I'm going to college right now, and trying to stay out of the streets and the hood man. I'm going to make a difference by educating these kids about the streets, and why they shouldnt go that route. I'm very intelligent its just that I never thought they would give me a chance in white america to make a decent living and to do better for myself. But now that I'm outta that way of thinking I've been doing good, and getting honor roll at college and doing good.

Apperciate the thread man it makes alot of since, and if there is anything that I can do let me know.

G-LOC

Certified Gangsta
GME12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GME12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 4:24pm
G-loc is on point with this 1 but what you gotts understand is the situation ppl in the hood are show them a way they can get money and a comfortable life, to many people this means a roof over there head and clean shoes clothes etc. but the mentality we got as blacks is whats the flyest whip watch...etc, so we gon find the quickest way to get big cash fast to support that mentality, unfortanatley most young ppl aint gon find that money in a legit way on top of that alot of ghetto ppl know they aint gon have enough money for college or even have the time i.e teenage parents so find their own way plus how many good jobs gonna give a vacancy to a person with a ghetto zip-code?
its simple to say we need to stop the cycle but its alot deeper than that we gotta crack the mentality(no pun intended) we need 2 see theres more to life than what we see on BET think long term,leave all the crazy promiscousness love ourselves and until we do so im sorry to say we are slaves to ourselves take a good look at yaselves and u urself can decide wether u gon b a Fredrick Douglas a MLK a Nelson Mandela or a Kunte i mean TOBY
Official DreamTeam Member
http://dreamteam360.net

''niccas think where im from is all play,
we got kids out here clappin like graduation day''
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic