Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why do You want long hair so bad?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 3:05pm
....Or those who make excuses why we should change ours.

"Just hangs there"
"Doesn't do anything"
"No texture"
"Weighs face down"
"Hides the face"

Sure is nice to not have to hear things like that

star__n0__star_ View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star__n0__star_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:05pm
Dont get so offended.  I like short AND LONG hair.  I think people should go for what works best on them.  Taking care of yourself shows you care about yourself.  
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:35pm

Um... group hug?

my LJ, 40 inches long
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:38pm
Lots of group hugs. I think we might need them here...

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by star n0 star star n0 star wrote:

Not to be mean or anything but you guys look like you have mops on your head.

Not to be mean, of course not.  I'm sure your comment was intended to be very kind and thoughtful.

Long hair is nice but not when it just sits there.

And I suppose your hair dances a jig whenever it's being photographed?

Im with the duck!

More precisely, you are the duck.  The IP addresses match; you are violating board guidelines by using 2 usernames.  Furthermore, you are clearly being disrespectful to the purpose of this board.  You and your duckie alter ego have been banned.  Goodbye.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:41pm
Clones would make the group hug bigger 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:41pm

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

More precisely, you are the duck.  The IP addresses match; you are violating board guidelines by using 2 usernames.  Furthermore, you are clearly being disrespectful to the purpose of this board.  You and your duckie alter ego have been banned.  Goodbye.

Nice call, Dave.

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:44pm
"And the sign said long haired freaky people need not apply
So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said you look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do
So I took off my hat I said imagine that, huh, me working for you"

Because I like to be a long haired freaky people
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by PurpleBubba PurpleBubba wrote:

"And the sign said long haired freaky people need not apply
So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said you look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do
So I took off my hat I said imagine that, huh, me working for you"

Because I like to be a long haired freaky people

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign...

Great tune, PB

Thanks, AS and LF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:55pm
When I originally started growing my hair out as a teen I wanted to look like The Undertaker wrestler.
Now I have hair like 4 times as long as his because he was buzzed short for awhile.

dancingbarefoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancingbarefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 10:28pm
Wow, that escalated quickly. Thanks for taking care of a troll, Dave!

I've never understood the "it just sits there" line. *All* hair just sits there, no
matter how long or short it is.
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 11:28pm
Wow, that was my first online scandal! Dave, when you said "you are the duck," it was pretty dramatic - I didn't even see it coming. I'm glad you booted the duck, who was very confrontational and unsupportive. Thank you for taking care of us! And PurpleBubba, your hair is beautiful and so are you
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 10:25am
so I grabbed me a pen and a paper, and I made up my own little sign...it
said "Thank you Lord for thinkin' bout me, I'm alive and doin fine.."

Why must people be so cantankerous! (that's my vocab word of the day,
yay! I got to use it in a sentence) Life is too short for unkindness
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 3:18pm

To answer the O/P and get away from the troll (thanks dave!)

Because long hair allows me to be lazy (no styling or blowdrying), is cheaper than regular haircuts and is the only way my curls will behave! I can also shock people at work by wearing it down as it's usuallly tied up, which is fun!  Especially good for meetings I find for some reason.....

I wish my hair did sit there doing nothing though, even when plaited then taken into a french roll it still manages to get itslef into a tangled mess every now and again, ahhh the wonders of curly hair!

(edited to correct my awfl spelling - oops)

Edited by philosophy girl
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by dancingbarefoot dancingbarefoot wrote:

I've never understood the "it just sits there" line. *All* hair just sits there, no matter how long or short it is.

True DBF, true...

I suspect the "it just sits there" criticism was one of a long list of criticisms surreptitiously devised by some Group Of Duly Dedicated And Merrily Nutty haircutters who despise the power possessed by long-haired women who boldly show the world the strength of their resistence to their most ardent critics -- the aforementioned cutters and their legions of empty-pocketed customers.

A little over the top, was that?

Back on topic, then...  </end hijack>

Impaler Vlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impaler Vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 10:34am
Well done (banning the duck, I mean) and well said, Dave! Why are short hair lovers so confrontational and imposing?
As for me, I keep my hair long because this is my way of proudly displaying my status of a free man. The rest of my resons are pretty much the same as Purple Bubba's. Unfortunatelly, my hair refuses to grow longer than its current 18 inches length, so I can't compete with you two.

Please excuse me for not introducing myself properly (didn't mean to be unpolite), but I assumed anyone can check my profile...

Blessed be!
Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 1:12pm

Welcome, my liege  

I doubt your hair has stopped growing at 18 inches. Terminal length is usually longer than that... maybe the follicles are just taking a rest. Some people wait years for their hair to pick up and start growing again.

Blessings
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
cassie_g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassie_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 6:18pm
I want long hair because I hate having it short. I loved having it long when I was younger even thought it was more work. And because I can.

Edited by cassie_g
1b/1c,M,iii Now:23" Goal:33"
Member of Benign Neglect Club
Memorial for my Uncle: www.acsevents.org/siteapps/personalpage/ShowPage.aspx?c=feIO LOOnGlF&b=1365123&sid=elKYKhPUImI3IcMPJpF
Impaler Vlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impaler Vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 6:47am
To AnaisSatin:

May I thank Thy Ladyship for the kind welcome?
As for my hairlength, U're somehow right, but once it gets to 18 inches, the ends split like hell and I have to ask one of the kittens (I mean girlfriends) to trim it.

I present my homage to thy ladyship,

Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose
MissMareeJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 9:11am
I'm glad someone brought this thread up again! My hair is actually
getting pretty long! I mean... long for me! ( It reaches my armpits when
it's "just hanging there" as the duck would say ) Speaking of that, I have
something to add. It's that in my opinion, long hair moves just as much if
not more than short hair (if it's down of course) it moves along your back,
constantly morphing to the movement of your body. It swings behind you
when you walk and when you run, jump, dance it moves so much it tends
to get tangled, so there! point made.
Don't let the man get you down

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 23" Goal: Waist
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic