Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why do You want long hair so bad?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why do You want long hair so bad?
    Posted: January 15 2006 at 11:11am

I'm curious....

Bye the way Happy New Year 2006 everyone! ;)

I know for myself growing up I loved long hair because I wanted to have that "classic" all american beauty. Plus my boyfriends liked it.

However over the years I've literally forced myself to go shorter,even if that initialy makes me really uncomfotable.

Now(in 2006) I'm on the verge of getting married(Feb 18th). And I'm torn at times to go shorter, and add more dimension with color. But also I love my healthy growing hair,...so maybe I allow it to grow at least to my shoulders, and maintain it, along with slight layers, Hmm.... Still thinking about it all. 

Take care,and God Bless!

Katie ;)
Sugarloaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarloaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 11:21am

Because I just found my feminine side!

For a change.

Because it is easier to manage than short layers that stick out in all directions.

Because long glowing hair is a sign of a healthy lifestyle.

Because the clothes I want to wear look better with long hair.

Because it makes me look younger and slimmer!

gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 11:41am

Hi Sugarloaf!

I agree with you alot.

However I've gotten alot of compliments on my shorter styles, at times.

But I remember alot more compliments with longer hair.

Currently, my hair is hovering about 3 inches from my shoulders. It's so easy to manage, and style.

I look feminine, and younger, most people say 28 to 33, and I'm 35yr.s! I'll take all the compliments I can get! LOL!

I realize I need to use an emolusion of grapeseed oil (carrier oil) along with drops of Lavendar essential oil, to de-stress my tresses(like I did about 5 years ago.

Plus I read that caffiene and soda hinders hair groth.

I get enough sleep, eat a healthy balanced diet, although I'm stepping up on protein,which helps hair growth and health. Don't forget excersice. I've always been a fast walker, plus, I love to dance alot!

Swimming, Biking, Hiking, occasionally(especially in the summer)

I can't wait to go on my Honeymoon (Feb 22nd 2006) for 7 days. Loads of fun!

Take it easy, and God Bless You!

Katie ;)
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 12:00pm

Because it feels so wonderful swishing around
Because I've never felt better about myself
ETA Because it really does feel feminine
Because I want the longest hair in my cultural community.
Because I made a bet to grow it freakishly long.
Because I'm winning this bet

heehee.. Great thread, Gunnie

and CONGRATULATIONS!

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 12:16pm

Hi there AnaisSatin,

I totally agree with Your reasons. Ofcourse we are all intitaled to our reasons for doing what we truly want with our hair!

I'm just so grateful, that I'm not a young kid, when my Mom would suggest I get a short curly hair do, which made me look a bit like Annie, LOL, My hair is more Auburn naturaly Red. But I do remember within a year my longerShoulder length hair looked sexy with waves(for being 12 years old, LOL!

My youngest sister Judy has had mostly Long Hair, she also has natural wave curl, and she is so beautiful. I kinda wish I had longer hair, like NOW, LOL. That way I'd get a Body wave, I Love wavy hair alot!

My hair is straight, but has enough body to hold a curl, especially my updo, for my wedding!

See Ya, God Bless.

P.S. I sincerly want the best for all people, that's why I say God Bless. I'm a Christian, not perfect, just a believer in Jesus, and I'm Proud of it!

Katie ;)
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 1:19pm
Because I don't want short hair.

Because I still have hair

Because it still grows longer

Because I have reached goal lengths and passed them

Because I am not into trends or what society says a male should look like.

Because I'm not cutting it shorter than 30 inches.

Because it would be nice to still have 30+ inch hair when it does start turning grey so I can then have that color too.

Because I felt like it.

Because it's mine.
prettybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 3:26pm
Because it's fun to shake around when I'm dancing!
Because I'm a girly girl and long hair is more feminine.
Because it's fun to be able to do "styles".
Because it's soooo nice to have your hair draped all around you when it's cold.
Because I just love it.

[IMG]http://www.sherimoonzombie.net/site/media/gifs/sherimoonzombie-babysmile.gif" />

CURRENT HAIR: blonde =) straight, under a tiara!
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 4:05pm
Because I started off with long hair and have never even contemplated cutting it. Because it looks gorgeous, it feels nice and I can tie it and bun it so it's out of my face which you can't do without long hair unless you have a buzz cut. Because I like it. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 6:45pm

Because of all the reasons stated above, and also:

I like the warmth on my neck and shoulders. I like combing it and taking care of it. Taking care of my hair is an extension of taking care of myself. Also, I think it looks better on me than short hair.

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 7:49pm

I answered this question on another forum...so for pure laziness I am just going to copy and paste

As for me, I can't recall when my hair was longer than BSL. I know it was once longer because I have seen pics of myself when I was a little girl, however I can't actually remember it like that.

So my reasons:

- I want to "feel" long hair on myself. Just want to experience that before I die.
- I want to be natural and "real". I don't want to follow hair fads anymore and spend time styling it and buying styling products. I just can't be bothered, and I don't want to look like someone else.
- I have stopped dying my hair with chemicals and it's made such a difference to my hair's condition. I know now that I CAN grow it long and that it will get there this time.
- I just love how it feels now and I want more of it!
- I believe that I will look better with long hair. After all that growing...what a bummer it will be if I don't!!!! hehehe
- long hair is better for belly dancing....have never seen a short haired belly dancer!

So there ya go

And Katie...God bless you too

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Katharine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katharine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 9:16pm

Because long hair is pretty and it makes me feel pretty.
Because it feels so soft and silky.
Because it seems special.  It requires thought, care, and attention.
Because I feel so strong and smart knowing how to do it myself and doing what I want instead of wasting money following the advice of "experts" in salons where they always cut my hair too short and damaged it.
Because my Mom always made me have super short pixie's when I was a kid and I wanted long pretty hair more than anything.
Because it's romantic and sexy.
Because mixing up my henna & indigo is fun.  It feels like mixing up a magic potion for making my hair shiny and pretty and helping it get longer.
Because its heavenly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2006 at 12:32am

I just thought of some stuff...

because it makes me feel old-fashioned and traditional
because now I'm so aware of all the ingredients in my bath products
because I don't have to buy lotion, serums, nor any kind of skin creams anymore, thanks to all the homemade jojoba and shea creams for hair, that double for fabulous skin.
because I owe it to myself !  
because it's cheap
because I can do my part to save Earth by washing my hair less
because its care is so meditative

because I like the ritual of long, detailed, unfrequent hairwashing on Sunday nights, and I am going to log off and wash my hair now!  Woohoo

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2006 at 10:10am
Have fun, Anais! Great reasons to have long hair - I hope to have long hair soon....or in a few years anyway
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2006 at 11:22am

I am male, 26, with hair simply described as a one-length past-the-chin bob. My reasons for having this somewhat long hair are, in descending order of importance:

1. it does not draw attention to my thin face like when I had short hair. That is the key reason. I like how it looks now, I hated how it looked in the days i had a short back and sides.

2. It is a length that I can easily cut myself at home. I don't like the whole barber/hairstylist experience.

Sasumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2006 at 9:22pm
Mostly because I've never had long hair before, and a lot of people I know say I'd look pretty with it.

Annnddd, there's lots of plus sides to it. More stuff to do with your hair, and I can cosplay people with long hair without using extentions or anything. (cosplay is like costume-play... something people do for anime conventions. It's like dressing up as your favorite character from a japanese animation or comic.)
gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 2:37am

Hi,

I enjoy reading all of Your reasons for wanting long hair.

I'm a wannabe long haired beauty. I'm still pretty, even though my hair is growing out from a bob style.

Thanks for all your inpiration

Take care, God Bless!

Edited by gunnie71
Katie ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 12:47pm

Sasumi, thanks for the interesting tidbit about "cosplay"  This is the first time I've ever heard that term used.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's reasons!

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
blueorca84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueorca84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 3:06pm

I miss long hair
I miss being able to put it in a different style everyday
I miss being able to wake up every morning without having to put lots of hair product in it to keep it flat-ish

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 4:49pm

What a great thread.I guess I hadnt thought of it before.

But my reasons for wanting long hair are:

I love the way it feels on my bare back.  Its easier to take care of than my short hair.It feels more glamorous than my short hair .        Long hair is more fun to me,where short hair feels more serious on me. I want my husband to be able to brush it at night.(which he could do now,but it just doesnt seem as romantic with short hair,lol).    I want to be able to wear all the beautiful braids and updos I see.       It enhances my natural beauty.So I dont have to fake it anymore,cause there's nothing like the real thing.

And i agree,Its fun to swing it around.It doesnt quite have the same effect with short hair.

Edited by Longhairdreams
Claire Abella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Claire Abella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 2:48am

Hello All Beautiful People.

I stumbled accross this forum from another site and found it strange that 1. The date is only yesterday and so many people are talking about growing long hair. It must be the new year-new start-feeling in the air. I have a few reasons why I want long hair. One significant is because like the chick I don't know above me is a Christian, I am too, and years ago I read the story about Samson and his long hair. And how God had given him tremendous strength from his hair. Not that I want to be like a boy and be strong, but because long hair then symbolised dedication, strength, devotion, holiness and beauty-which all reflect our beautiful Creator. Such beautiful things do not seem to be ebraced as much these days as so much has changed, but I think long hair also reflects personality-That you are willing to hold out for something that is truely worth it!!

I've justed turned 18 and I was hoping to have long back lenght hair when I'm 22. Hair will grow about 72 centimetres in that time!! So to all those people wanting it to-STICK IT OUT! And DO be careful of hairdresser's! I'm sure a lot of yous can recipriate of times when they've gone to them wanting just a trim and come out with a new hairstyle and all your hair length gone!! Make sure they aren't getting you for their business and if they say they DO want to cut it off-RUN OUT QUICKLY!!

Ok final thing..Just wanted to recommend some things I've found great to help your hair grow and make it look gorge as it grows. Believe it or not Berocca is one of the best things you can take for your hair-it contains a whole bunch of Vit-B group vits and Biotin as well. Another product a little more expensive is Hair Assist-if you're finding you are losing hair as your growing it: Rosemary, Ginko, Nettle, Sage, Grape Seed, Saw Palmetto, Cayenne<< All those hair loving naturals!

Good Luck Everyone..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic