Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interested in dreads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chinesefood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinesefood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interested in dreads
    Posted: January 15 2006 at 11:04pm

im an asian guy who wants dreads so i can tie em back and have them stick up to get a samurai type look

how long does my hair have to get and do i have to get a perm?

living1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote living1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 5:44pm
Hi Chinesefood -    I believe Asian hair is more difficult to dread... but you should check dreadheadhq.com and you may find all the answers you're looking for.  If you can avoid it, I suggest not taking the salon dreadperm route.  Some people believe this is the only way.. and I suppose it's ideal if one is looking for perfectly uniformed dreads... However , the process can be done with $10, a buddy, and 4-5 hours. :D  Just make sure you do the research on your hair type 'cause I'm sure you may want to do some sort of damage to your hair pre-dreading.  I used to put my beautiful hair through hell (bleach, dying usually bi-weekly for years) - it was in perfect condition for the process.   Anyway Good luck and have fun!
Domo20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Domo20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2006 at 10:17pm
no perm no perm no perm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic