Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bohyme/Pro-Tac Install!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
aimee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 3:58am

wooooow sherrie the hair is stunning, beautiful, gorgeous, love it, want it lol

hot hot hot

i still wear my microring weft install but tonight i will add some more volume with the pro tac cant wait to try

im a synthetic girl and i love plastikhaar
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 6:21am

I cant imagine this stuff sliding out of someones hair. The tape is so sticky that its difficult to get your fingers off the tape when peeling the backing papers off...LOL.

I peel off the blue tape first, stick my wefts onto the bottom half pressing the weft down really good. Then fold over the tape and pressing the tophalf of the tape over the wefts. Leaving the 2 white sides on until Im ready to install. I spend a few minutes running my fingers over each weft/taped piece to make sure the tape is really secured to the weft. Then to install I take off one side of the white paper and apply it to my hair, again pressing it over and over....spend a few minutes pressing it before peeling off the remaining piece of white paper and sandwiching with another layer of hair over the tape. I use a comb to press the hair onto the tape...again spending a few minutes pressing it over and over and running my fingers back and forth over the bonded area.

I didnt use a blowdryer, but I think thats a good idea to help set the glue. I waited over 24 hours before the first wash and Im making sure to blowdry the bonded area good and not leave the tapes wet.

JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 9:42am
So you are attaching the protac to the weft before you attach it to your hair.....so it's a double sided tape and then you fold over....waiting for my wefts to arrive and do my first weft install.....evrytime you guys post pics I get so excited... cant wait to get mine. Just a little nervous about doing the back myself and not attaching a bunch of wild stray hairs and having a mangled mess.
Your hair ROCKS Sherrie! Hope mine turns out as well.
So you would suggest LG the cut ends of the wefts before you tape?
How noticable  are the wefts in the wind...are they less noticable than strand by strand methods and do they hold up in the pool... sure don't want to be swimming one way and my wefts the other.....
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 9:42am

Sher - is pro-tac the same as pro-flex?

Thanks for the very descriptive explanation of making these wefts.  It has really made me able to visualize how to do this.  Can you tell me a little about your placement on your head? When you "overlap" them, what exactly does that mean/look like?

Thanks!  

sassyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 9:44am
Looks fantastic!! Love the whole thing about it.
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 10:28am
Normally how wide of weft do you cut for the back, sides etc. I know everyones head is a different size but in general.....how many and what sizes do u use?
Or is there a site that I can go to where it shows placements of wefts?
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 11:30am

Looks beautiful Sherrie, as always!!!!!!

I have to know how long it takes you to curl your hair???

sammyJB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammyJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 5:17pm
I have to reiterate. It really does look to die for. Gorg! 
OhSoSassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhSoSassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 5:35pm
Very Very beautiful!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 11:02am

Jeepgirl, yes I attach the wefts to the protac before installing. I would suggest a little nail glue on the ends of the wefts to keep the edges from unraveling or shedding. It will soak through the edges better than LG.

Aphrodite...yes my understanding is that Pro-flex and Pro-tac are the same thing. Heres a picture of what I mean about how I place the wefts on the tape....but I dont overlap the tapes on my head. Maybe the pictures will give a better visual...Im not so sure if Im really good at describing it! I used a little LG between the layers of hair on the tape to help with making them secure.

Also in the picture the blue side of the tape is still on...I peel the blue side off first, stick my wefts onto the tape, fold over the tape, leaving both white sides still on until ready to install....peel of one white backing, stick it to the part, then peel off the other white backing and sandwich

Jeepgirl, I make my part in my natural hair, measure the part (leaving an inch on each side away from hairline) then cut the weft and tape to the right size. I start about 2 inches from the nape at the back and make my first row. If you feel the back of your head...right at the base of your skull, that indentation...right above that indentation is the edge of your occipital bone and thats about where your first row should start. (I start slightly lower, but this is the first row with any weft method I use that starts to slip first) after youve completed the first row, just go up a little bit and make your next part, leaving enough space in between rows that you dont have tape on top of tape. I can fit 3 rows comfortably at the back of my head...from ear level down...then I have two rows that run from temple to temple around....so 5 rows. Then I add a short row on each side about 4 inches long, below my part.

OhSoSassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhSoSassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 11:19am

Sherrie:

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I cannot wait to try this type of install. =) I have heard such good things about this method form so many people on this board.

Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 11:25am

Sher - your explanation is awesome.  It needs to become a tutorial for this board.  I now completely understand what to do. 

Does anyone know how to add this to the tutorial page?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 11:28am

By the way....I do mine almost identical to the demo on Amms site...the only difference is I peel the blue side of the backing off first....leaving the 2 halves of white backing on.

OhSoSassy....I love this tape method. Ive used LG for weft bonding for years and this stuff blows away LG for ease of application!

JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 1:03pm

So after the 3 rows from ear level down... are you saying that those other 2 rows are continous from one side of your temple back around to the other temple with one length of weft or are you just following the line and breaking up the weft in sections? I know I sound like an idiot but I just want to make sure I completly understand before I attach these to my head. I ordered 12 strips of protac just to be safe and for my learning curves....I know it doesn't take that much but I wanted extra in case of any falling out. So if all goes well then I'll order more tape.

I so nervous to do this method....but so  excited at the same time.

So any input on how these hold up in the swimming pool? 

Thanks,
JeepGirl

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 1:35pm

I use continous rows from temple to temple. (But you could do smaller sections) Oh yeah 12 is more than enough! I think I use 4 or 4 & 1/2 tapes. Really girl...its simple, you wont screw it up!

JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 2:10pm

GReat......thanks for explaining that...I thnk I've got! I was going to do them in sections kinda like the clip-in packages...where they have the different sizes.....but this way seems faster and I would think I would feel more secure knowing a smaller piece of my hair won't go flying off on the dance floor and never knowing it. At 40 yrs old I need to keep it all together the best I can!!!

You are terrific for posting those pics and explaining all that! Yes someone needs to add that to the tutorial page.

I'll let you gals know when I get my hair and put it in!!

Thanks,
JeepGirl

shadowfyre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 2:24pm
Thanks for such a detailed description, I'm going to give it another go!
HUSSAFUSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUSSAFUSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 1:53pm

Hi Sherri,

I always look forward to your posts. I currently use LG installs due to your expertise.

I was wondering, the strips look like they could be shiny and show thru fine hair. Is this true or can you sandwich like LG? Does it feel like you have tape in your hair when you touch it?

Again, Many thanks...Dottie

FYI... your hair always looks awesome!

elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 2:04pm
Sherrie, I'm surprised that you haven't been asked to become a hair model or become a spokesperson for a large hair company to advertise their hair or even a shampoo product model or ........something!!!!!!!
monsterita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsterita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 2:30pm

Originally posted by HUSSAFUSS HUSSAFUSS wrote:

I was wondering, the strips look like they could be shiny and show thru fine hair. Is this true or can you sandwich like LG? Does it feel like you have tape in your hair when you touch it?

For me, the tape isn't shiny and the hair sandwiches the tape, so it doesn't show unless my hair is parted funny or the wind blows my hair up exposing the tape.  It feels like there is double sided tape in your hair, but because most of the tape is stuck to your hair, you don't feel the stickiness (except sometimes for me after I wash it).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic