Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bohyme/Pro-Tac Install!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by HUSSAFUSS HUSSAFUSS wrote:

I was wondering, the strips look like they could be shiny and show thru fine hair. Is this true or can you sandwich like LG? Does it feel like you have tape in your hair when you touch it?

I was concerned about that also, so the very top row I did not fold over the tape onto the weft, but just attached it to the underside of the weft and then placed it on my head.  You are able to somewhat sandwich some hair over as there is some tape exposed, but not enough to show thru.  I have very, I mean very fine thin hair, and nobody can tell that I am wearing them.  When I used shrinkies, I had alot of "exposure", especially when I wore a ponytail.  But this method just ROCKS!!!  Unless you are in a windstorm, or are wipping your hair around all the time, nobody can tell.  Oh, by the way, my hair color is a #5, I think if your hair is lighter the tape may not show thru as much and you may not need to do the top layer as I do.

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

OhSoSassy....I love this tape method. Ive used LG for weft bonding for years and this stuff blows away LG for ease of application!

So do you think that you will go back to LG???? 

I know that I won't!!!  I am even debating on whether I should install my Lush hair that I have sitting here, I love this tape method so MUCH!!!  I wonder if I could put the pre-tips onto the tape and get that to work

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 1:16am

of course u can use the lush, why not>>?right?

just put them close together

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 7:07am

I dont find the tape shines through at all. When first installed, it does have a shiny appearance. But once you sandwich the hair over the tape and after its washed it looses the shiny appearance. I find the sanwiched methods the least visible in my opionion. I always think if my hair blows in the wind or whatever that the sandwiched wefts are far less noticeable than shrinkies, links or fusion bonds.

I also agree with what monsterita said about the tapes feeling sticky when wet. I think they do feel a little sticky after I wash my hair. But I really blowdry the bond area good to dry them and they dont feel sticky after they are dry.

Originally posted by gsmilie gsmilie wrote:

I think if your hair is lighter the tape may not show thru as much and you may not need to do the top layer as I do.

I HAVE to sandwich the top row because the extension hair color is so much lighter than my root color that sandwiching helps hide and blend, otherwise the track color would stick out like a sore thumb!

I doubt I will ever go back to LG if these tapes hold up for awhile. Honestly Ive always liked my weft installs over the individuals.

Ive thought about all the pretipped hair that I have sitting here. But I really dont think the pretips would be secure enough on the tape to install that way. But its worth an experiment!

Edited by sherrie215
HUSSAFUSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUSSAFUSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 10:12am

Thanks everyone for your incites.

Looks like I will order me some strips. I tell ya, the DIY wefts are the way to go. I've had 3 professional strand by strand installs done for thousands of dollars. Nothing came out nearly as good as the wefts. This board has been a life and money saver. So many thanks.

My husband will thank you too if I can master the strips myself. He is sick of gluing his hand to my head. "Honey, where's the acetone?"

Did I say I did it myself?...well, sort of.

PRPRINCESS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRPRINCESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 11:12pm

Dont know if this has been covered so please forgive if this is a repeat question. I have relatively curly hair (like indian remy on shrinkies.net) I was wondering how the pro-flex tape would work or hold up against being straightened. I have to use a paddle brush to blow dry and then flat iron. It is an hour long process, but worth it as it looks just like naturallly straight hair. But do you think that i would have a problem getting my hair super straight at the root where the tape is being that I cannot really get the brush thru it? Thanks for your help ladies!!!

**pr princess**

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 11:27pm
ohhh, thats a good question! Im not sure....maybe one of our curly haired gals can answer that question! I use a straightening brush with my blowdryer and also flat iron the top layers of my hair, but mine is just slightly wavy/kinda frizzy ...so I dont have to do too much straightening.
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 8:09am

The hair that I have installed with Pro-Tac is an indian remy.  I wear it both ways.  On days that I have more time, I blow it straight and use a round brush to help straighten it.  Then I use my flat iron and iron the crap out of it.  I have had no problems with the Pro-tac.  So far this stuff just ROCKS!!!  I haven't found anything negative about it, even the gooy, gunky, funky snotty stuff that you get when you remove is not that bad when you relize that you don't HAVE to remove it all to re-install. (just the chunks!)

JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 10:39am
I'm getting ready to install a french refined and elite remy. I have naturally curly hair and also straighten it often. I will post my experiences with it after a couple of weeks of wear. That is if I can install it and make it stay.LOL
I think I am going to anchor the edges and middle with shrinkies like someone else here did... I think that is a great backup method.

Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:16pm

OK...Im at the 3 week mark this weekend with my Bohyme/Pro-tac install and just wanted to give a little update!

This stuff is holding up GREAT!

As for the hair....the shedding slowed down to a minimum after about a week, so maybe it was just from the cut edges of the wefts (Im not sure) but its not shedding enough to be concerned about at all. I have abused the crap out of this hair the past 3 weeks and it looks as good as the day installed! I have washed blowdried and curled at least 18 times! I contribute the condition of the hair to the quality of Bohyme, the shower filter that I installed, and the non-sulfate shampoo. Ive also been very faithful to the wide toothed comb and not using a brush too much!

Now...about the Pro-tac strips! These things are holding up incredibly well....Im shocked at 18 washes and the daily shampoo/conditioning they are still in there securely, with the exception of my very top short rows (the one on each side of my head below my center part) The top sandwiched hairs starting coming loose from the tape and the tape was becoming exposed, so yesterday I did a little LG bonding and sandwiched the hair back over the tape. I contribute this to the hair being thinner and finer in that area, and will do that short row for now on with LG. I think someone ele mentioned this problem on the top row too...maybe gsmilie?? I am surprised that my bottom row is as secure as the rest, as this is the first row that normally starts to slip with LG bonded wefts.

Im surprised that none have come out, remember I tripled wefted some of my rows  ...so Im amazed that they are all still in there securely! These do feel loose in comparison to LG bonds. The LG bonds are usually stuck tight to my root/scalp area for about the first two weeks, and the pro-tac is never tight to the scalp so this is a new feeling that is taking a little getting used to!

So far the Pro-Tac has impressed me....and I definitely see them lasting at least another week or two or longer....Ill update again later!

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:21pm

Oh Im so glad!  I just ordered a bunch of protac strips and some of amms elite remy hair for norway, Ill be there 2 weeks and wont really have a chance o fix my hair if anything goes wrong.  I mean I'll bring some extras but I cant carry my whole "home salon" you know

And my bottom row is always the first to slip to, I wonder why that is?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:31pm

Kalika these things took about an hour and a half to install (14 tracks of weft onto 6 rows of tapes)....super fast install. SO if they last 4/5 weeks for me Ill be a happy camper!

Im not sure why the bonded weft bottom row slips sooner, but the pro-tac is as secure as the rest....and its the top row that seems to be the issue with pro-tac....havent figured it out yet!

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 6:17am
I have a client that is on her 9th week and these things aren't moving lol.  xxx
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
monsterita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsterita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 8:45am

Sherrie:  My top little pieces slip with the tape, too.  Yesterday, I was at work and noticed that the top piece on my right side wasn't there.  I searched high and low for it fearing that it had fallen out at work, like when I was in a meeting or something.  I found it at home in my towel.  Embarrassed

Kalika:   I anchored my bottom rows with a shrinkie at each end.  They are the first to get loose for me, too, but the shrinkies keep the weft from slipping.  It will definitely secure it for you while you're in Norway.

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 10:25am
Ah...I'm sold on this Pro-Tac. What a beautiful install, and it looks like something I could actually figure out!

xoxox
jodicline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodicline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 10:55am

How do you anchor it with a shrinkie?  Where do you put the shrinkie?  For some reason I can't picture that!  Also, where do you get LG and what is LG?  I'm wanting to try this with amm's hair this week, I have lush in right now and although it is still looking great, I want to experiment! 

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 12:14pm

Yup Sherrie, it was me that has slippage issues with my short pieces near the top.  The only thing that I can contribute it to is that I tend to play with those pieces more, and maybe when I am conditioning my hair some gets on.  Not enough to remove it, but maybe after time is just breaks down the adhesive.

My bottom row was just as tight when I removed my first intall as when I first put it in, I also had slippage with that row when I used LG.

I am completely sold on this stuff, compared to LG, it is a breeze to install but better yet, wait until you take it down.  1/2 hr removal time, that is even with my super snarls on my top 2 rows!!  Can't beat that in my opinion.

monsterita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsterita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 2:12pm

Jodicline:   I take a bit of my own hair above and below the weft, and a small strand from the end of the weft and put it all together in a shrinkie.  So, it's kind of like the end of the weft is sandwiched in my hair and the shrinkie holds it all together.  It really keeps those bottom wefts from slipping.

LG = Liquid Gold.  Amm sells it on her site.

jodicline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodicline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 3:40pm

Thanks!  I think I'm going to try the elite indian remy and color it.  Can any hairstylist color it to match my hair?  Can I color it so that it is highlighted or do I need it to be all one color?  In the lush I use color # 10, 16, and 18 in order to match my natural hair.  Any suggestions?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 7:44pm

4 week update...well here we are at the 4 week mark with the Bohyme/Protac install and all I can say is WOW...Im impressed!

The only thing Ive had to do is to use a little liquid gold on the very top, short wefts on my sides (below part). I tacked them down with a little LG and a bit over the top of the tape to sandwich the hairs back over the tape. And thats it....all the rest are still very secure. They do feel as if they are slightly further away from my roots than what LG bonded wefts would be at 4 weeks. But they feel more securely attached than the LG would feel at this distance from the roots.  As for the Bohyme...it looks wonderful...heres tonights pictures (looks pretty good for being done 12 hours ago!)

I will update again at 5 weeks, since I know that it will last at least another week!

Edited by sherrie215
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic