Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prevent children from dog attacks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prevent children from dog attacks
    Posted: January 20 2006 at 2:30pm

Nearly 60 % of our children are bitten yearly. Here are some things that could prevent it.

Don't Run - Stay Still.  When someone runs, it's an automatic response for a dog to chase. Teach your child to stop in his tracks, and not move.

Don't stare in dogs eyes.  Pay him no never - minds. This can be threatening to a dog who will likely attack.

Try a command. Many dogs will respond to a simple command such as "Sit" or " No". Teach your child to say the command in a firm but low voice. If the dogs obeys the command then your child can move slowly away.

If your child is too scared to do any of the above. Teach him or her to quickly lie face down and cup his or her hands behind the neck. Make sure the forearms and elbows are over the ears. This will cover up all sensitive area. Then the dog will probably sniff and walk away.

Slipknothartgir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slipknothartgir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 4:04pm
My friend has a Bitbull & she has a 7 month old.I think tehy shouldn't keep him.Those dogr r dangeruous.Alot of people disagree with me about those dogs.I have known & heard of children getten bite my those dogs.I don't know how to tell my friend.She thinks because the dog is gonna grow up with the baby.That she'll be ok.There r some many cases of people that get bite by their own dog.By the dog turning on them.I know I wouldn't have a dog like that aroind my son.I won't go over to my friends.
michellelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michellelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2008 at 11:32am
Hello ,nearly 11 years ago our little girl was attacked by a mixed breed medium sized dog that wanted her popsickle when she was 4 years old .Sadly she took over 60 stiches in her face and massive damage to her eye and nose .The dog ran off and we never found it (it was  a stray) even with our law inforcement and community looking for it night and day . My daughter had to undergo a series of many rabies shots at that time as well. Today she is almost 15 and still has noticable scars to her face we hope plastic surgery can help to smooth some .She is not afraid of dogs as we have 2( st. bernard and a yellow lab ) But even after all this time she has never forgotten that day .
Be the person your dog thinks you are
jenifer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenifer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 12:57am
Thanks for this advisable tips.It will really helpful for all the kids to prevent from he attack.I will definitely follow this tips for my kids.
michaelhoffman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelhoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 2:30am
< ="CONTENT-" content="text/; charset=utf-8"> < name="GENERATOR" content="Office.org 3.1 (Linux)"> < ="text/">

Dogs and small children should never be left together unsupervised. No matter how good natured the dog is, a dangerous situation could develop if the dog is hurt, frightened, cornered or feels threatened. Children must not hug and kiss dogs. Many bites on children’s faces result from the child trying to hug a dog.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic