Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*pokes self*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *pokes self*
    Posted: January 23 2006 at 11:46pm

Bleh, I was just starting to lose weight again, when I let myself be fooled into thinking it was okay to eat desserts every day -_- .  The occasional dessert or treat is fine, like maybe once a week, but when it becomes a daily thing, that's the problem.  It just gets harder to account (and adjust the rest of the day's eating) for the extra calories once I get my body expecting treats every day :-P .  *pokes self with the big, pointy stick*

No need to reply, was just ranting :-P . . .

More awesome than a manatee!
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 2:54am

You don't look fat in your photo...

Why not fill up on fruit or raw vegetables instead of the desserts?  Just because you are cutting out the treats doesn't mean you must starve...

Good luck.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 11:37am

Hi Girls...

Let me tell You, I only crave either Hot chocolate, or Brownies, or a Mocha Esspresso around my period. Or I want (Fat free>Olestra) Baked lays Chips, especially the french onion and sour cream.

If it was a special occasion, I'd have carrot cake, or Lemon Meringue pie!!! Yum!

I love Banana Bread(which I bake homemade, and my Fiance' Steve loves too)!

I eat whatever in small portions. For example, I'll eat half a dessert with my sweetie, or excersise more, whichever, it seems to help.

By the way, weight is also genetic, not just eating right, and excersise. Plus, some meds can pack on the pounds, like what happened to me on Zyprexa for over a year, I was 176 pounds on my (Medium frame) height 5 foot 5 and a half inches. It took almost 2 years to lose the extra weight, about 50 pounds, with regular excersise, and watching sweets, and lots of fruit and vegeies too.

I currently weigh 133 pounds. Last spring(2005) I weighed 116 pounds, barely a size 5/6. I look more feminine, and am stronger, at 133 pounds.

Thanks for allowing me to rap about stuff, Take care all! God Bless Too!

Katie ;)
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 10:34pm

Well, I don't cut out treats entirely.  Making foods forbidden only makes a person crave them more, so I just try to regulate my consumption of treats, and adjust what I eat the rest of the day to make up for it if I have one.

Unfortunately, sometimes I give myself a little too much permission to have treats :-P .  I let myself eat too many treats over the holidays, but I kept my head enough not to gain weight, at least, so my weight was level in the holiday season.  I was starting to lose again, but then I started letting my body talk me into a cookie or a few squares of chocolate every day after a meal, and gained back a little :-( .  *pokes self*  I'm now trying to talk myself back down from that.

Currently, my scale says I weigh 134. . . which sounds good, but I'm only 5'1", so it's really not :-P .  Before I started losing weight I was 187, though, so I'm definitely not as fat as I used to be!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 3:00am

You've lost over 50lb?  That's about 24kg, right?  That's amazing, you should feel really proud!

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 4:53am

I should feel prouder than I do, I guess.  I'm the sort who looks at myself and sees how much more I need to lose rather than how much I've lost already :-P .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 6:48am
I think we are all like that.  Just remember to give yourself a break (metaphorically!) every now and then...
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic