Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How how how?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How how how?
    Posted: January 26 2006 at 11:49am
Hi, 
currently my hair is just shoulder length, no fringe with short sides, and lots and lots of layers.  My hair's pretty thick and has lots of movement  - however, What can I do with it?  How would I go about flicking the layers out or creating some funky young style?

I'm only 17, have a round pale face and my hair is pretty dark...any suggestions/products etc?

Thanks a lot
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 3:13am

It depends how heavy your hair is and how easily it will stay in one place.  You could try using wax on the ends to flick them out (e.g. Natasha Kaplinsky), or you could use a heated curling tong or straighteners (if you can do curls / flicks with straighteners) to heat-style it, or you could put the ends of your hair in large rollers to get a kind of Farah Fawcetty look.

Experiment - it sounds/looks like you have great hair, I'm sure whatever you do will look nice!

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 8:32am

Hmmm...

Oh Yes, I do remember(back in the day, LOL) when I was 17 (I'm now 35) My hair was super thick. I would put it up with a pony tail, or updo, with lots of bobby pins. Or simply put on my fav pink Pepsi hat(on backwards) for work.

Now My hair is 1/3rd less thick, due to aging(oh no midlife crisis time, LOL!) But it's more managable, and just as pretty.

Take it easy!

God Bless,...
Katie
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 10:50am
Hi, I kinda used lots of hairspray to flick it out etc, and I've put some highlights on...any colour I like!  It's fun! 

Edited by aubergine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic