Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Frizzy waves/hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
cmonwitit2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmonwitit2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frizzy waves/hair
    Posted: January 30 2006 at 2:37pm
I have moderatly thick, full hair. My hair is almost naturally wavy, or at least they come up with only 5 minutes of brushing a day.  So, my question is really about my hair being slicker/smoother. I like my hair to be soft, not hard with all the waves.  So, my hair can be wavy, but sorta frizzy. It doesn't lay down like I always want it to, like when it first gets cut and there are no stray hairs.  How do I get my hair to lay down completely without the hairs frizzying up? I don't want it hard though. I don't like it when hair looks like its been gelled or the waves are crispy.    Any special products? What do I do? Basically, I want my hair soft and smooth with a few waves, like the latin/mixed dudes.  I don't like the frizz, where it's wavy but some hairs are still sticking up.
microwaves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote microwaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 2:52pm
Sounds like you might wanna use the du rag more, and stick with regular grease.  Dont use Lets Jam, or any pomades.  Try a light grease like Blue Magic or Royal Crown and then du rag it.
"you want my arm to fall off"
fatzbusta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatzbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 4:23pm
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/> du rag and brush < =text/> _uacct = "UA-77327-1"; urchinTracker(); < = =text/> var navVer = navigator.appVersion; if(navVer.substr(0,3) >= 4) if((navigator.appName=="Netscape") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion)==4)) { doc*ment.write('<' + ' ="" ="text/" src="/menus/nsmenu2.js"><\/\>'); } else { doc*ment.write('<' + ' ="" ="text/" src="/menus/iemenu2.js"><\/\>'); }
  rnum=Math.round(Math.random() * 100000); doc*ment.write(''); Click Here

< name=search =:///C:/Inetpub/www.hairboutique.com/search.asp method=post>

>>>> Search Hair Boutique.com  < size=15 name=SearchString> < =submit value=Search name=B1>

Send this page to a friend.

Copyright 1997-2005, hairboutique.com, All Rights Reserved. TERMS OF SERVICE, Privacy Statement

Please send your feedback, comments and suggestions to our staff.

sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 6:57pm

^wussup w/ that fatz?

try using slickfix. i had the same problem as you. do a search for it and ull find a lot of information and some of my before and after pix.

seasick713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasick713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 9:53pm
u could try some Dove Anti-Frizz cream. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmonwitit2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 10:56pm
I want to try slickfix, but I don't want my hair to be hard or gel feeling. I want it to be soft. Does slickfix make it hard? Have you tried the Fantasia Ice Pomade?
sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 11:09pm

slickfix actually makes it soft and smooth.

be careful w/ that ice pomade. it can irritate ur scalp and hairline especially due to over-using.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmonwitit2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 11:14pm
so you recommend carrot cream and slickfix? what about pink lotion?  i was only going to try that ice stuff because it seemed to be just what i needed to control frizz and hold my hair.  my hair is wavy without a lot of brushes, i just need the frizz under control completely. i want it slick. it doesn't even have to be wavy like yours.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmonwitit2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 11:52pm
and what's the deal with that lets jam?  i just want smooth hair that has soft waves without the frizz  i don't like too many waves.
NDATRAP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDATRAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 6:49am
lets jam holds ur waves, but its gel. maybe u should try carrot creme or slickfix.
petro seals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petro seals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 11:36am
pink lotion is good it really help tha hair stay soft i put it inn my hair evry day and it be soft all day long carrot cream help too but try pink as well!
Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 2:39pm
NAW ITS DAT CARROT CREAM AND DAT SLICKFIX FAM
THE KEY TO 360'S IS TO BRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmonwitit2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 4:28pm
Ice-Man, do you have a pic of your waves?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmonwitit2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 5:40pm
looked all online and don't see anywhere where I can buy slickfix
Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 5:47pm
NAW FAM NOT YET I STILL GOT TA GET Y CAMARA BUT THEY FRESH FASHOW FAM BUT LOOOK GO TO SALLYS BEAUTY SUPPLY.COM SERACH IT ON GOOGLE OR YAHOO AND FIND IT ON THERE SITE FAM U MAY HAVE TO ORDER IT CAUSE IT WAS A DISCOUNTIUED PRODUCT BUT U MAY GET LUCKY LIKE ME AND RUN IN TO SOME AT SALLYS BEAUTY SUPPLY STORE
THE KEY TO 360'S IS TO BRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmonwitit2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 6:28pm
Do you still use it Ice Man? I was reading somewhere else where you were talking about you having frizzies. What did you do to stop them? Lets Jam or SlickFix?
lilkeke918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkeke918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 7:02pm
You can buy it at sally. use light pink oil moisterizer or carrot creme to make your hair soft
Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds
sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 7:06pm
lets jam also does a good job, but if ur hair is natually coarse, ur hair still wont be soft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmonwitit2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 8:05pm

I use Sta-Sof-Fro, and that makes my hair soft.  So, I'm sure that the carrot cream will make it soft too. My main goal is to have no frizzies, i want it to lay down really nice and silky.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmonwitit2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 8:51pm
If I can't find slickfix, what's the alternative??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic