Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Beautiful Princess w/Bi-Racial Curls!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
My2Princesses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My2Princesses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Beautiful Princess w/Bi-Racial Curls!
    Posted: February 01 2006 at 10:04pm
I have a Beautiful 4 1/2 year old Girl with very curly Bi-Racial hair. I'm just not sure if I'm styling it the right way. I've asked My husbands mother what to do and she says that I'm doing fine. I'm embarrassed to ask anyone outside the family, because people don't always approve. My daughter has gorgeous long(to the middle of her back when it's down)curly hair. She has a thing right now for headbands, but I very seldom let her wear them because her hair frizzes out when it's down. Right now I use Detangler to comb through it and Pink Oil lotion. I'm just not sure if there's anything that I should be using. My husbands clueless! If anyone can help me, it would mean the world to me. I try to to whatever I can for my girls, but this is hard because I just don't know! If you don't have advice but know of shop in the St.Louis area that would be understanding to the situation that would be Greatly appreciated also!! Thanks in advance
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 3:12pm
check out the african american forum , also www.longhaircareforum.com, www.nappturality.com and www.blackhairmedia.com  . Hope you find some useful information but in the meantime- detangler is great but please eliminate the pink oil- that stuff is horrible for aa hair- maybe try natural oils such as coconut oil or sweet almond oil or palm oil. You can also use castor oil as a pre-shampoo treatment on dry hair- put a thin plastic cap on her and sit her under the dryer for 15-20 mins prior to shampooing. Good deep conditioners are Queen helene cholesterol or Lamaur's bone marrow.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Sweetcandicurlz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetcandicurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 10:51pm
i'm bi-racial also, and when i was little my momma had no clue what put in my hair. she also asked my other relatives what to put, and from when i was a baby to about 2 or 3 maybe, she just used a detangler and sometimes babyoil. then when i was 4 through about 8, she used a leave in conditioner called 'just for me' which is used for black little girls hair. but carameldiva is right, its better to use something natural, but if u can't i would recommend 'just for me' and know i'm useing a leaving conditioner called parnevou, and that works pretty good. But now i'm looking into buying some products that are ALL natural, handmade, and made especially for curly hair and more of bi-racial type curly hair, but anybody w/ curly hair could probably use them. go to blended-beauty.com. the woman who handmakes them is bi-racial and she's created a line of products that worked for her and other mixies, so i'm really excited to start using her products. hope i helped and good luck.

Edited by Sweetcandicurlz
I love chocolate and monkeys!!I'm the sweetest peanutbutter cup chica you'll ever want to meet! love, hugs, and kisses.
weetieweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weetieweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 1:18am
Hello!  I am biracial and have went through it all with my hair.  Like Sweetcandicurlz, I recommend you using a product made for biracial hair.  I was turned onto CURLS by a friend and have used it ever since.  On the website where I buy it from, I've seen they have a line for little ones.  I buy from www.curls.biz    Good luck!
Deelorraine1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deelorraine1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 8:58am

Hi , I have  found going to a Spanish beauty parlor  is the best they work with all hair types as you probably know the Spanish poulation come form various countriesOne of my Avon customers says (and she is from Pueto Rico)They are mixed too) :)

She has straight hair, but a lot of my Spanish friends hair range from kinky to bone straight. Take Care Dee...

Dee Haynes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic