Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Hair Shop runs a bad business

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
tjoh99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjoh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Hair Shop runs a bad business
    Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:03am
I've had an ongoing dispute that I feel important to share with everyone, because it's actually the only thing I can do to voice my injustice.

I ordered DLUX hair from Kristen in the shoelace tip. As you all know she hasn't updated her site to reflect that she does carry them. She even mentioned in this forum to just specify at the time of order that you wanted to shoelace tip and she would send that. I sent her $200 via paypal for the DLux hair,  and sent her an email specifying that I wanted the shoelace tipped hair.

She sent me the keratin Utips and claimed I never notified her that I wanted otherwise. I forwarded her the emails I sent to her and she then went on to say that it wasn't her problem and I should have specified in the paypal comments the type of hair I wanted (note her paypal account is not configured to accept comments at the time you place an order..you click what you want..it goes into the basket, you check out and bam, it's done..which is why I sent an email RIGHT after paying her specifying that I needed the shoelace stick hair for shrinkies). I also explained to her that I had an event I needed the hair for...I let her know this from the start. I tried to the very last minute to get the right hair from her. I even paid $75 to send a courier to pick up usable hair from her home where she runs her business from (with her permission). When the courier showed up, she didn't answer the door so they left...and I still got stuck with the charge...and still no hair. I had no other choice but to go to a local shop and buy hair at double the price so I could go to my going away at Disney (for my last day/ I'm leaving the company)  party with hair on my head. So now I'm down $350 for hair and $75 for the courier AND the shipping I had to pay to send the wrong hair back to Kristen AND the original $200 I paid her for the wrong hair (she now STILL has).

I wrote her and said I just wanted my money back since she had her merchandise back. She flat out "no" and then didn't respond to me. I had no other choice but to dispute the charge via paypal...I stated the facts...that she has my money, I have no hair...I want my money back. Reasonable right? No. Kristen used the original delivery information on the wrong hair she sent me the first time to "prove" to paypal that I had "received" the merchandise. She left out that I sent it back to her and she now has the merchandise and I have nothing.

She even sent me an email threatening me that if I closed the paypal dispute she would CONSIDER giving me a store credit, but if I didn't close it she would keep my money as punishment for being difficult. If you would like to see this email for yourself, I would be happy to forward to you directly.

So long story short, yourhairshop.com has $200 of my money and I have nothing. She lied, tried to threaten me with my own money to drop the dispute.

I know it's likely she will respond here and tell you a different story, but at least I know in my heart I spoke the truth. I hope this may spare at least one of you what I've been through.

Kristen, you won. You stole my $200 dollars and didn't even have to give me anything for it. Awesome for you huh? You are a liar, unethical, immoral, and a bully.

I might not be able to force you to give it back to me, at least I know that I'm a good person and would NEVER EVER do what you've done to me to anyone. I work very hard for my money and for you to just keep it and not send me anything is just wrong.

So there you have it. At least I'm an honest person and spoke the truth. Do with it what you will. I'll likely be banned from here for badmouthing a resident bully, but whatever. And to think I thought she was nice and helpful.

Good luck ladies, keep an eye on your wallets and ALWAYS buy the paypal money back gaurentee.

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:25am
Oh my god that's terrible!  I'm shocked!
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
pinkparadise42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkparadise42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:44am

Wow, me too!

I thought she seemed like a really sweet person on here!

I ordered from her shrinkies, and received them without a problem.

My only problem with the shrinkies was that they did not work.  I did a full head install, which took forever and then within a day they all slipped right out.  Some of them melted funny too.  I had my wand on low heat too and they still split right down the center.

I am sticking with shrinkies.net for products.  Their shrinkies, as well as other items were all perfect and I couldn't have asked for more from a company!

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 8:00am

OMG!!!  I am so sorry that you have had to deal with this.  It just goes to show that when money is involved people will just get down and dirty!!!

Hopefully she will see this post and get a clue that you can't treat customers like that and get away with it.

I truely belive in Karma, what comes around, goes around.

I would still pursue the paypal issue, you deserve your money back!!  Do you have any shipping reciepts and delivery confermations that you sent the hair back?

Good luck and keep us posted.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkparadise42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 9:24am

Yeah defintly keep us posted!

That is SO ridiculous!  It is good you are making people aware of this issue, hopefully people will think twice before shopping there, if that is the way they run a business!

Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 10:33am

Yikes - I can't help but think there must be a terrible misunderstanding going on here...

I recently purchased some D-Lux in shoelace style ( and,by the way, there is a comments section in paypal to write specifics about your request as I used it to request shoelace tips...) and received it fast with no issues.  I have never had a bad experience with YourHairShop, or with Kristin.  This is what makes me think there must be some misunderstanding.  I hope things get cleared up.

Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:19am
Yikes! Yeah, I hope this all was a misunderstanding. I would hate to think
ANYONE on here would say or act like that. But, bottom line, if she has
your money, you have NO product, she isn't just being *mean* she's
stealing. It's not at her discretion if you get something or you don't.
That's ILLEGAL!! Haha, if you take a shirt back to the gap they don't get to
CHOOSE if they want to give you something or not!!

Ugh, sorry to hear all this though. The last thing anyone needs is drama
when just trying to buy hair, especially for a specific event. Keep us
updated
frantic463 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frantic463 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:22am

yea..  i did the same as aphrodite and specified in the comment box and i got the shoelace tips ok..

but i hope everything works out...

im sure you'll work it out! best of luck though.. i hope everything gets settled amicably !

tjoh99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjoh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:45am
Another thing I forgot, I also ordered the shrinkies with no adhesive from yourhairshop.com before, spent so much time putting those things in and they slid out in 3 days!

I'm just so livid someone stole money from me

Here is a snippet from her email to me.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed 2/1/2006 2:00 PM
To: Orourke, Trina
Subject: RE: Refund?

If you continue with your Paypal buyer complaint and it is granted in our favor we will no longer offer you your $200 store credit for
putting us through that. If you drop your Paypal complaint we will be more
than happy to offer you your $200 towards anything we sell and we can even
ship it out to you today.

Sincerely,

YourHairShop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkparadise42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:53am

That is SO ridiculous!

I have to agree with you on the shrinkies, they really suck and I would never order them from there again.  Mine all fell out within a day if they didn't split when I was heating them.

I am really astounded by that email!  Something like that is stealing, as it was mentioned before, she doesn't have the right to decide how and if she will refund you.

Looks like this is a business that won't be lasting long.....

tjoh99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjoh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:55am
Oh and by the way, she slammed shrinkies.net hair for being cheap and poor quality and reassured me that she hears it from SO many people that come to her for better products. I have this in email as well if anyone would like to see that. I wrote her asking for a sample of the dlux hair after a lush install didn't work well for me (which I was open and honest about and communicated my experience also in the forum in I feel a factual/neutral way).

Sorry if I seem like a bitter bitch. I am at the moment. I just want people to know what a 2 faced, unprofessional asshole she is.

kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:59am
Woah!

Trina, thank you SO much for your posts about this. It was gutsy of you
to be willing to tell your story here. I can't imagine that you would be
banned for posting the truth.

I too am a So Cal person, and am becoming interested in having my
extensions done professionally once my hair grows a bit more. There are
several extensionsists who post on this board; I will end up choosing
amongst them, I'm sure. I am most particular about the professionals I
rely on, whether it be for cosmetology services or medical or dental care.
Being a good extensionist isn't enough for me -- I want someone who is
decent and ethical as a businessperson as well. I do so appreciate your
alerting me about the business practices of someone I was considering
for my extension needs.
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:00pm
She may have some say concerning HOW the refund is handled, but definately does not have the right to say WHETHER the refund will be given, that would be fraud and theft.
tjoh99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjoh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:02pm
Oh forgot gsmilie

I do have the shipping receipt from when I sent it back to her. For some reason paypal sided with her without even asking me for backing doc*ments. I don't have a signed delvery confirmation, but I do have emails from her stating that she got the hair back from me.

I'm going to call and try to talk with a manager to explain my situation and see what they can do.

I'm also looking into small claims court.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkparadise42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:03pm
Your right Sarytyr, I worded that wrong!!!
tjoh99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjoh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:07pm
Hi kristie m,

I haven't gone to tangles myself yet, but she seems like a very ethical business woman. Her prices are VERY VERY fair, especialy if you bring in your own supplies. I'm in hollywood right at Franklin & Vine and she's only about 45 min from me. Not too far at all if your in the LA area.

When you're ready, I would look into her services. She's a very nice lady
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:10pm

It is NEVER a good idea to threaten a customer, especially if the customer has a legitimate complaint, that is simply unprofessional! 

kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:11pm
Yep, I'm thinking Tangles is the one. I'm in North Orange County,
probably 30 mins. from her when there is no traffic. I've been more than
impressed so far by her feedback. It is great that you can bring your own
supplies to save money, too. Thanks for the confirmation that I'm making
a good choice!
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:25pm

Originally posted by tjoh99 tjoh99 wrote:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed 2/1/2006 2:00 PM
To: Orourke, Trina
Subject: RE: Refund?

If you continue with your Paypal buyer complaint and it is granted in our favor we will no longer offer you your $200 store credit for
putting us through that. If you drop your Paypal complaint we will be more
than happy to offer you your $200 towards anything we sell and we can even
ship it out to you today.

Sincerely,

YourHairShop.com

That is just wrong, wrong, wrong!!!!

She should be bending over backwards trying to get the right product to you, and making sure that you are happy.  The highest compliment is a referal.  A store closer would be to act the way she is acting now!!

You just can't treat people in the way that she is treating you, not only is it bad business, but it is bad KARMA!!!

Good luck!!

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:27pm

I did and still do have some packs of the shoelace tips but they were picked up rather quickly by some of our local salons in the area which is why I never added them to the site. Many of you did order them from me and you WERE able to write that you wanted them in shoelace tip in the comment section of you order just as 'frantic' snd 'aphrodite' confirmed above. I do not understand how she is the only one who would have been unable to make a comment in her order- it's not as if the format of the site changes from peoson to person. 

tjoh99 did order 2 packs of the D-LUX hair in kera-tip with no comment on her order about changing them to shoelace tips. She did send an email out to us to correct her mistake of not specifying it in her order but her subject line in her email said nothing about her order or it needing to be changed. On our 'contact us' page the very first option is 'click here to contact us about making a change to your order' that option will automatically enter the subject line 'making a change to an order' It's not necessary that you contact us this way but it is there to help us sift through emails. If the subject line would have mentioned anything about a order it would have been opened and processed immediately. When we print out all packing slips each morning we scan all of our emails to make sure no one had needed anything canceled or changed and nothing was seen that day due to her subject line not reflecting her email. I don't have a chance to get back to 30 emails before I pack and ship all orders so if you've got something important to say it would be a good idea to at least put a note of it in the subject line. Her order was shipped out first thing in the morning and her email was not read until later that evening. I have apologized many times for not catching this for her but I had given her specific instructions to add it in the comment section of her order as many of you did so her order would arrive correctly.

She contacted me via email letting me know the color of the hair was wrong and she was sending it back to exchange it for another color. I replied that i would be looking for it to arrive. It came quickly by mail and I emailed her to let her know I had recieved it and to let me know what I could ship her back out so I could ship it out that same day. She mentioned that she was only about 45minutes away and that she wanted to send someone to pick it up that same day. I shouldn't have allowed her to try this because whoever she sent was unable to find us (the door can be tricky to find here in our building but this is not my fault). Please note if she would have allowed me to ship it to her I would have re-shipped it out for free and she would have had it the next day. She blames me that she paid someone $75 to come pick it up and that she came back empty handed- we were here all day so there is no reason they should have come back with nothing.

She said she didn't want to pay to have the person come back by so to please ship it to her. I replied 'no problem, please just confirm what you'd like.' I got a return email that stated 'I just went and bought some hair at a beauty supply store-  please refund my money'. I wrote her back and reminded her of our policy that we do not offer refunds and that she is more than welcome to keep her credit with us or have us ship her out anything else with her credit. Our policy is written on both of our online shop pages very bluntly and it is also written on each and every packing slip so she is more than aware that we no not offer refunds, just exchanges. She responded by filing a Paypal claim. I had nothing to do with the claim and I had nothing to do with the response that was given for my side of the claim- Paypal automatically pulled the shipping information and never gave me a any 'respond to seller' option. I sent her many emails telling her we have a policy for a reason and just because you bought hair elsewhere did not change our policy. We were and still are more than willing to offer her an exchange.

If she would just let me know what she wanted I would package it up and ship it this very second but she has chosen not to. When you buy from a online shop you agree to their policy and many sites do not even offer an exchange like we do. I have always been more than helpful to each and every one of you and I tried over MANY emails to resolve this with her as she threatens to take me to small claims.

Tjoh99 you still have $200 credit- If you'd just tell me what you want I'd get it out to you right away. If you don't tell me what you want I will ship you out exactly what you sent back to me in an effort to resolve this.

It's a very sad situation and I'm sorry it was brought out to the boards for all to read but please know that we have sent her many emails asking lettign her know she has $200 credit and she can choose whatever she wants from the shop and we will even ship it to her for free.

~Kristin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic