Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

YourHairShop fusion chips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YourHairShop fusion chips
    Posted: February 09 2006 at 2:07am

Once again, I am on the board after midnight...I am addicted!!!

Anyways, can anyone give me their thoughts on these chips for pre-tipping?  They are keratin, which as I understand it, many pre-tips come tipped with keratin.  How does this then differ from "fusion".  My thoughts were that I would tip with these chips, and then install with shrinkies...how does this differ ( better or worse) from using a glue gun and the keratin stick to pre-tip? 

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 4:22am

it doesnt differ from fusion, same thing, although this way with the chips you can install with a heat want instead of a glue gun.

(from what I believe, I have never atually done fusion before)

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 4:42am
It would be a lot quicker to tip with the gun and you can use the gun's nozzle to really work the keratin into the tip to stop shedding x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 9:39am
Gotcha...it was my understanding that with fusion, the bonds needed to be "crunched" with pliers and acetone used to take the residue out.  If it is keratin, shouldn't the residue come out with orange oil and no "crunching"???
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 10:19am

nope, you still need to crunch the bonds and remove them with keratin. Keratin IS GLUE - and IS used for fusion.

Also - do NOT use fusion WITH shrinkies - you will have one very large messy nightmare on your hands. The fusion/keratin that you pretip will suffice for your bonds.

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 12:21am

Fusion is a way to describe a method of a melted bond such as keratin, wax, or poly bonds to attach hair extensions (or to pre-tip your hair). In short, you can do a fusion installation by using keratin- get it? 

P.S. I always tip with fusion for shrinkie installs and none of my clients or myself for that matter have ever had any problems. Almost all of the factory stick hair is tipped with fusion so it can't be that bad

Edited by CaliforniaKristin
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 12:38am

I think it's just fine if it's just tipped with a little bit of keratin for shrinkines install.

I did a shrinkies install with some hair I tipped and probably used too much keratin on, and it was indeed a melted, yucky mess in the hair.

Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 12:41am

Kristin,

Thank you.  You have explained this very clearly and concisely.  I get it!  LOL

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 1:04am

Sorry if I threw anyone off in my last post I was answering something for another post too and ended up accidently writing it in with this thread. It's been a long day.... I moved my post and it's here now:

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39963 &PN=1 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic