Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

volume please?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
helpneeded View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helpneeded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: volume please?
    Posted: February 10 2006 at 4:06pm

hi im 15 and ive been straightneing mi hair for tha past 2 yrs sumtimes daily...but i use heat protectant serum but mi hair use to b think n volumized before but now its thinning out....is there any shampoo i can use that can help volumize it quickly...or even slowly that can help!!!????

can sum1 please help me.

thanks.

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 6:23pm

Hi there. I usually post to the long hair forum, but thought I'd visit here for a bit. I've learned a lot on that forum because I'm trying to grow my hair long and I have fine, thin hair. I was straightening daily like you, and I started to get thin hair also. No matter how much hair protecting balm you use, your hair will still get brittle and break from that much heat every day. The only thing that helped my hair was to stop straightening it. This is like giving up a drug because I really liked my hair straight, but I didn't like it straight and so damaged from the heat. The more you do this to your already damaged hair, the worse it will get. If you want to try putting it up in a bun while wet and then letting it down when dry, it will be straighter with some nice gentle waves in it. Now that I have stopped straightening (and blow drying) my hair is growing back healthy and full again. Yours will too if you stop damaging it. Hope that helps!!

helpneeded View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helpneeded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 12:15pm

oooo ok but is there another way like using a shampoo to regain tha volume like pantene or progaine or sumthing?????

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 10:40am
I know you really want volume, but the shampoos that do this for you are also somewhat damaging to your hair. It sounds to me like you want a shortcut, but really you just need to keep damaging your hair if you want it to be full and long. Good luck with your quest!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 10:41am
Oh, and you might check out the long hair forum here to get some great tips on how to take care of your hair if you want it to be healthy and long.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 8:20am
I suspect that the reason your hair is getting thinner is that it is breaking off from the damage caused by the heat.  The only way to make it thicker is to wait until new hair grows in and keep cutting the bottom off.  There isn't a product that can add back broken hair but you might want to apply a lot of deep conditioning treatments to prevent it from breaking any more.  My daughter did the same thing and now she only straightens for special occasions.  She uses lots of deep conditioners every time she washes her hair (which is nearly every day).  Good luck.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 4:49pm
Try applying leave in everyday
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
HABEEB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HABEEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2010 at 7:41am
I think a balmain hair mask product will do wonders for your hair and will replenish it :) http://www.buyhair.co.uk/balmain-hair-mask-150ml-p-2124.html i love this product! it smells lush too!
habs x
beachbum88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachbum88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 1:39pm
I think that you should start off with using a volumizing shampoo and conditioner. When styling your hair you should use mousse to build body and hot rollers will also help to create fuller hair.
HAIRpros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAIRpros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2010 at 4:39pm
I use Nioxin - this is great for thinning hair and hair loss. It's shampoo and conditioner stimulate the scalp, improving the hair shaft and future growth. It smells good too - like chocolate mint. Too bad it's not edible :P)
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 12:36pm
Wow, I'm so sorry this is so old, becuase I feel her pain. The same thing happened to me, so I know how she felt. Well, in case someone else needs the advise, here it goes: Your hair is thining out becuase all that heat has caused damage to the keratin layer, and has removed the protein from your hair. So you need to #1 replace the protein, and #2 deep condition. If you follow my advice, your hair will look normal again by the third week. As I said I went through the same thing. I almost cried when I stood under a light in front of a mirror and could see my scalp!!! So here is what fixed for me.

Buy yourself a tube of Joico K-pak, deep penetrating reconstructor. That is an awesome protein treatment. Once of the best if not the best. It has the right molecular weight to penetrait your hair. It also has human keratin protein, which you are in desperate need of right now. Follow the direccions, and after you rinse it out of your hair, follow with a deep conditioner, otherwise your hair will feel like straw. That is because the reconstructor is not a conditioner, is a protein treatment, and protein makes hair hard. But that will change as soon as you deep condition.

Now, if you can aford it, buy yourself a pack of Salerm, energy hair reconstructor vials. They come 4 to a pack or 32 to a box. I buy the box of 32 cause the stuff is just amazing, but it is $55 dollars, so you might want to start with the 4 pack wich is about $10 bucks on Amazon. This is a leave in treatment. It is a hard hitting treatment wich also contains keratin, and helps restore hair and scalp. You put it in your hair and style as usual. Either blow dry or air dry. I recomend blow drying. By the third treatment the volume was back and I could no longer see my scalp under the light. Not only that, but it had bounce and movement, It stopped breaking,  and it shined like crazy.  Try it, you won't be desapointed. Sleekhair.com has good pricing on the Joico K-pak. Bluebeez.com has great pricing on Salerm products. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic