Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bare essentials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
amberistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amberistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bare essentials
    Posted: February 11 2006 at 10:37am
Has anyone tried bare essentials or sheercover?
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 12:00pm
Personally, I have not, but I have a friend who absolutely swears by Bare Essencuals. Her skin always looks flawless and natural. When she first started using the product, I noticed a definite glow. 
gwynaviere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwynaviere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 8:49pm
ya my friend uses that stuff like crazy and loves it but she, like me, can't keep up with the prices.  If your looking for something affordable try the Physicians Formula, or Prestige.  They're still expensive but i love them both.          
Wyn*
pinky-dee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinky-dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 2:46am
I'm using this product...it works wonders.  It gives me a glow, it doesnt cause breakouts, it feels like im not wearing any make up at all and it is easy to apply on your face it also has SPF in it which is great.  I think its worth the price, its the best foundation I ever used and will be my last. No more searching for that right foundation any more because I found it already and thats BE.  You should def. give it a try.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 9:32am
Originally posted by gwynaviere gwynaviere wrote:

ya my friend uses that stuff like crazy and loves it but she, like me, can't keep up with the prices.  If your looking for something affordable try the Physicians Formula, or Prestige.  They're still expensive but i love them both.          

I agree. I actually use the Physician's Formula finishing powder in the winter and the bronzer powder (which I love) in the summer.
Follow Your Bliss
manstoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manstoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 8:57am

I use bare minerals...i agree you glow and look naturally fabulous great coverage they cost alot but you use so little...

Downside though...they do not stay on in the water like a long wear liquid...but nothing is perfect...

my_lil_radish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my_lil_radish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 2:22pm
 yes (lol) i use bare escentuals and its great! it makes u look so natural and even. yes some say its expensive but it lasts u a really long time!
kttylover2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kttylover2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 1:28am
I have used BE for 2 years! Big thumbs up!!!!!!!! I tried Sheer Cover and HATED IT!

Edited by kttylover2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 7:00am
I checked out both the BE website & sephora.com.  Other than the foundation, do you use any other BE products? How is the lip & eye make-up? Has anyone tried that warmth stuff? 
Follow Your Bliss
Color_Diva928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Color_Diva928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 3:43pm
I use many of their products and they are wonderful!  Their foundation is the best I've ever used, and I've tried all of the best brands:  Chanel, Dior, Laura Mercier, etc.,  and this one makes theirs look like a drug store brand.  Their blushes & eyeshadows are great too.  Also, re: their product called "Warmth", this is great when used as a bronzer.  I highly recommend these products to everyone!  Clap

Edited by Color_Diva928 - May 19 2006 at 3:49pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 8:43pm
There's a BE store near my work so I stopped by today and picked up a starter kit. Can't wait to try this stuff out!
Follow Your Bliss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2006 at 3:31pm
Well, I've been using BE for a few days now. I really like the coverage and how the products feel on my skin. I use the foundation, the warmth, and the mineral veil. I'm using very little of each product. My one complaint is that BE makes my forehead and nose appear greasy. Has anyone else had this problem?
Follow Your Bliss
ms tina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 4:39am
bare essentials really does work wonders!!!!!!!!!! you should totally try it! my friend use sheer cover...but i think its just too much and it doesnt look natural!
ms tina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 4:41am
maybe u need to add more mineral veil on those area...maybe that would help! Smile 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 8:54am
I'll give it a try. thanks!
Follow Your Bliss
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 4:02pm
what color would i wear with BE so i can buy some i dont wear much makeup so i need something light and natural like this product? i have pic in profile
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 8:18pm
BE offers a variety of colors from fair to deepest deep. You can check out the foundations on the BE website or on Sephora. 
Follow Your Bliss
*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 6:03pm
I've seen the commercials and I would like to try it but for that price I have to be sure I would continue using the product.  I am light skinned. Are there any light skinned African americans willing to share their thoughts of BE after using it.
My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
sunnycher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnycher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 8:50pm
It is a great product.    It creates a sheer finish that covers blemishes, age marks, etc.   The good news is - your freckles and youthful shine can show through!    It is light as a feather, and stays on all day.   You don't need to purchase a whole kit - just find a shop that will do a demo for you and make wise choices regarding colors, etc.   You can find it on ebay at a great discount!
SunnyCher
dearcole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dearcole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 11:17am
Has anyone found the Bare Essentials to have a very fair color?
i'm a redhead and pale white all year long.

do you think its worth the money to try it?
what is the cost for the foundation?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic